Help influence Episode 98!

slothian

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 96, our subject will be Ben Affleck.

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the joint review by 22 September 2023 so get your ideas in before then!

NB) We won't be covering Armageddon, Daredevil, Shakespeare in Love or any DCEU movies he's in.

Unless you already own Dogma, finding it through reputable sources might prove difficult. It isn't streaming anywhere and the DVD is long out of print.

Chasing Amy is probably the way to go, but keep in mind Smith apologized for it in Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. So it has, as Will said, some baggage. But I think that makes it worth speaking about.

So I'll say Chasing Amy, Hollywoodland, and Gone Girl.

Oh, actually I mean to say

I'll fourth Chasing Amy. If you thought The Help was problematic, this might be the most cringey movie you two will ever watch on the podcast. BUT it's not only an ultimately dramatic Affleck turn but an intriguing snapshot into how he was back then in the 90s compared to today. 

You'll probably want to check out The Town, Argo or Live by Night. I've only seen The Town myself, and Argo won him the Oscar for direction. How many directed/starring role films for actors have you done?

Gone Girl totally gets my vote, buuuuuuuuuuut if you ever want to do a Rosamund Pike month, you'd better hold off on that. That's her starring role.

23 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

Exactly! Cover Zach Snyder's Justice League instead of Justice League (2017).

Interesting...given that I barely remember watching the original cut (see episode 1091 for more details) the prospect of watching it and another version fills me with dread. 

On 9/10/2023 at 5:50 PM, Donomark said:

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Justice League (2017)

The Flash 

On 9/11/2023 at 3:06 AM, Donomark said:

It'll never happen 'lest Ian roll his eyes out of his head, but comparing Affleck's performances in both Justice Leagues is interesting, because he is actually chummier and lighter-hearted in the Snyder Cut than he is in the Whedon version. It's pretty strange. 

Wait, I'm being lambasted for theoretically being unenthused about a hypothetical film experiment that I only read about seconds ago?!

I like the idea....meanie....