Video Game trivia

Chops

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wanted to be more specific, Secret is the direct sequel to Adventure.

Seiken Densetsu was originally a Final Fantasy spin-off series, hence the name.

Oh, and you were right.

I swear to Chrono, you post some personal stuff in an Oratory thread THREE YEARS AGO and you have a gimmick for life.

Don't make me quit this place too, damn you! :grumble:

A cancel is the premature interuption of an action for the purpose of executing another one, and it is the basis for most combo theory.

For example, Ken executes two crouching light kicks canceled into a medium strength Shoryuken (2LK 2LK -->MP Shoryuken), meaning that the command for the Dragon Punch is in before the second kick finishes animating, resulting in three or four hits, depending on the game.

Now for an easier one.

Name the RPG series that is so popular in Japan that its publisher will only release new games on weekends to prevent kids from skipping school.

A cancel is the premature interuption of an action for the purpose of executing another one, and it is the basis for most combo theory.

For example, Ken executes two crouching light kicks canceled into a medium strength Shoryuken (2LK 2LK -->MP Shoryuken), meaning that the command for the Dragon Punch is in before the second kick finishes animating, resulting in three or four hits, depending on the game.

Now for an easier one.

Name the RPG series that is so popular in Japan that its publisher will only release new games on weekends to prevent kids from skipping school.

I'm guessing either Earthbound or Final fantasy.

It was after you beat the game, there's an absurdly hidden room named after a kid (Chris something) that just had a bunch of treasure in it. Can't remember his last name.

I know he won a contest to get into the game because I tried the same damn thing and lost.