Chops

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct.

You're up.

Another pretty easy one.

One man has the honor of having created both the best selling game and the worst selling game (the one that arguably crippled the company and destroyed the first generation of consoles) for the original Atari 2600.

Name him and the two games.

Man, you wrote this question for me. I'll run through the ones I own. :)

-Kether

-ABC Sports Presents the Palm Springs Open (I think? The shitty shitty golf game with the obnoxious Australian announcer. "Boy, he really shanked that one! HAW HAW HAW!" Screw you!)

-Video Speedway

-A baseball game that I can't remember for the life of me. It had Dennis Eckersly and Dave Stewart and was strictly pitching and hitting.

-Dragon's Lair? I don't own this one, but I'm 90% sure it was released. Space Ace, too.

I double-checked the wiki to make sure, I WIN YAY! My question...

Where does the name "Atari" originate? Probably stupendously easy...

-Kether

-ABC Sports Presents the Palm Springs Open (I think? The shitty shitty golf game with the obnoxious Australian announcer. "Boy, he really shanked that one! HAW HAW HAW!" Screw you!)

-Video Speedway

-A baseball game that I can't remember for the life of me. It had Dennis Eckersly and Dave Stewart and was strictly pitching and hitting.

-Dragon's Lair? I don't own this one, but I'm 90% sure it was released. Space Ace, too.

It's a rough approximation of the term "check" in the Japanese game Go. Bushnell would go on to create a company called Sente, using another name for a move in Go.

Okay... You are standing in an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.

Where are you?

-Kether

-Video Speedway

It's a rough approximation of the term "check" in the Japanese game Go. Bushnell would go on to create a company called Sente, using another name for a move in Go.

Okay... You are standing in an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.

Where are you?

Wherever you are, you're playing Zork.