The Greatest Non-Star Trek Sci Fi Tv Show.

The Greatest Non-Star Trek Sci Fi TV show  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Howdy. I know there's a ton more great sci-fi shows out there, but i'm focusing more on those that primarily are set in space. I'm not too sure if Dr. Who is considered a space opera, but i gave it the benefit of the doubt due to its massive popularity.

I'll come back to post my pick later.

If it wasn't for two things (A - the almost twenty year break, and B - the lack of acceptance in America, partially because of the almost twenty year break), it would be Doctor Who in a WALK.

It's the oldest Sci-Fi series still going. The concept is astonishingly simple (wise space/time traveller rights wrongs), and incredibly elaborate, without ever losing the audience. Each storyline is self-contained, and almost always easy to follow. By seeing it all from the point of view of the companions (in the better stories), it never leaves the audience too far behind.

Astonishing, historical, often brilliant series. Star Trek comes close.

Actually, what i wanted to do was find the best sci fi show that's similar to Star Trek, i.e a space opera, than actually finding the best science fiction show. That's why i didn't put Quantum Leap on the list. Same goes with Seaquest. Farscape, i haven't seen it, (stupid, ignorant me!) so that's why i didn't put it down. Is there any way to edit the poll listings or would it be better just to lock the topic and start all over again?

Actually, what i wanted to do was find the best sci fi show that's similar to Star Trek, i.e a space opera, than actually finding the best science fiction show. That's why i didn't put Quantum Leap on the list. Same goes with Seaquest. Farscape, i haven't seen it, (stupid, ignorant me!) so that's why i didn't put it down. Is there any way to edit the poll listings or would it be better just to lock the topic and start all over again?

If that's the case, Doctor Who is fine to be here - although it's not as obvious in the newest series one, space travel is a huge part of it. Although time travel is the most important part...so maybe it shouldn't be.

I'd argue against Futurama being included, but I'd argue for Red Dwarf. From what you have there, if Doctor Who is excluded, I'd vote for Firefly, but I'd expect Babylon 5 to pick up the win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...