Spider-Man 4

Missy

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are also supposedly casting a male villain role. That means no Lizard since the guy playing Conners is already coming back. If Black Cat is in it, then I would like to see Kraven but in my opinion two villains is too many. It should be spider-Man vs ???? The fact that Black Cat is in it means they are going to play the love triangle crap, and I just lost all interest in it. I really don't want another relationship storyline. The Peter/MJ storyline played out in the second movie, and after the third can't go anywhere else.

They are also supposedly casting a male villain role. That means no Lizard since the guy playing Conners is already coming back. If Black Cat is in it, then I would like to see Kraven but in my opinion two villains is too many. It should be spider-Man vs ???? The fact that Black Cat is in it means they are going to play the love triangle crap, and I just lost all interest in it. I really don't want another relationship storyline. The Peter/MJ storyline played out in the second movie, and after the third can't go anywhere else.

Well, they could possibly keep the old Conners actor as Conners, but have him played by a different guy when in Lizard mode. (like the Anakin/Darth Vader thing)

I like the Black Cat idea merely because Black Cat is a girlfriend for Spider-Man, not Peter Parker, and MJ is a girlfriend for Peter, not Spider-Man. So it's more of split between Peter and Spider-Man, not a love triangle.

Well, they could possibly keep the old Conners actor as Conners, but have him played by a different guy when in Lizard mode. (like the Anakin/Darth Vader thing)

I like the Black Cat idea merely because Black Cat is a girlfriend for Spider-Man, not Peter Parker, and MJ is a girlfriend for Peter, not Spider-Man. So it's more of split between Peter and Spider-Man, not a love triangle.

Except MJ knows he's Spider-Man so that would just repeat the relationship problems from the third movie.

Except MJ knows he's Spider-Man so that would just repeat the relationship problems from the third movie.

Sorta, but the difference is that MJ wants him to be Peter and not Spider-Man, but Black Cat would want him to be Spider-Man and not Peter. If they spin it right, they'll make Black Cat more representative of Peter's temptation to be Spider-Man all the time, rather than just a new girl for MJ to sneer at.

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like we can add another name to the list of actresses who are reading for a new role in Spider-Man 4. Deadline Hollywood reports:

While Sony Pictures insists no decisions have been made, sources tell me that the producers have approached Anne Hathaway to star in the film. Maybe you experts have an idea what she'll play? All I know is that she's wanted for a starring role, and she won't replace Kirsten Dunst who's also cast in the Spidey fourquel.

Julia Stiles, Rachel McAdams and Romola Garai have previously been rumored to be auditioning for possibly Felicia Hardy/Black Cat. Will Sony Pictures start making official casting announcements soon? Stay tuned...

http://superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8844

While Sony Pictures insists no decisions have been made, sources tell me that the producers have approached Anne Hathaway to star in the film. Maybe you experts have an idea what she'll play? All I know is that she's wanted for a starring role, and she won't replace Kirsten Dunst who's also cast in the Spidey fourquel.

Betty Brant? Please?

Regardless, :yes:

To be entirely fair, I think Kirsten Dunst is a terrible actress and terrifically unattractive. I've never seen her even act passably in anything, and the fact that she is a success is a complete and total detriment to our society at large.

That and she seems terrifically vapid in interviews.