Spider-Man 4

Missy

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be entirely fair, I think Kirsten Dunst is a terrible actress and terrifically unattractive.

When I saw Spider-Man 2 in theaters, a buddy of mine leaned over to me during one MJ-centered shot and said "she is SO hot," completely honestly. He was surprised when I replied that I never really liked her. I think Dunst is one of those "love her or hate her" people. Kinda Like Kristin Kreuk.

I think she's great at playing "the average girl." Mary Jane Watson is no "average girl," therefore her performance is terrible.

• 3 weeks later...
If negotiations proceed according to plan, Malkovich will be playing Spider-Man’s nemesis the Vulture, who packs a punch despite his advanced age. The Vulture is able to fly through the air and brandish his sharp wings to attack Spider-Man.

unlike in the comic books, this Felicia Hardy doesn’t transform into the Black Cat. Instead, Raimi’s Felicia will become a brand-new superpowered figure called the Vulturess.

As much as it would seem that the series is setting up his eventual transformation into supervillain the Lizard, we hear that the suits simply can’t bring themselves to sign off on such an odd-looking enemy — instead, they’d rather hew closer to villains with a human face.

http://www.movieline.com/2009/12/exclusive-spider-man-4-circling-john-malkovich-anne-hathaway.php?page=2

If these last two are true, then I give up on Sam Raimi.

So Gwen Stacy won't be making her triumphant return?

Am I the only one that thinks that Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen is a hundred times sexier than Kirsten Dunst as MJ?

No. You are not. Though it doesn't take much to be sexier than Dunst, Howard is classically gorgeous, a great actress and by far the greatest thing to come from Opie.

I think the Vuluress thing is just to throw people off, and in the spider man 3 commentary their was talk of Ben Kingsley playing the vulture in 3. Though, I like Malkovich.

They need to throw the guy who plays Dr Connors a bone at some point, he can't just be a recurring character as the lizard in the tie in games.

Now I haven't liked any of these Spiderman movies, but holy shit this sounds putrid.

Not even Spidey II??? I can understand criticism for the first one and even moreso for Part III, but Spiderman 2 is right up there with the classic CBMs IMO.

I have major issues with part 2.

Whether it be the characterization of Doc Ock, which to me left that portion of the movie to consist of the whiniest man alive trying to beat up a widower who lost his wife the same day his life's dream blew up in his face. I wonder who I feel more sympathy toward here. I am pretty sure I was not supposed to want Doc Ock to kill Spiderman, but damned if that was not what I wanted.

The ending. Everything from the Hudson River's magical power to put out an ever expanding mini sun to douche chill inducing left at the alter thing.

Then what really annoyed was when he missed the play because a crime just happened to break out right before Spiderman right before he goes to see MJ's play. Convenient to plot, no? So he misses the play and can't be the woman he loves even though he decided not to be with her before this or even after this, but he still gets so upset here he loses his powers since I guess depression can dissipate the Spider Radiation but he wasn't depressed last time he decided to not be with her but he is now just so he can realize his worth or whatever and crowd surf in a train.

This is my analysis of Spiderman 2.

Whether it be the characterization of Doc Ock, which to me left that portion of the movie to consist of the whiniest man alive trying to beat up a widower who lost his wife the same day his life's dream blew up in his face. I wonder who I feel more sympathy toward here. I am pretty sure I was not supposed to want Doc Ock to kill Spiderman, but damned if that was not what I wanted.

It is not like Spider-Man thought to himself "I'm gonna beat me up a widower". If I remember correctly he only attack Doc Ock after he tried to rob a bank/kidnaps Aunt May.

If negotiations proceed according to plan, Malkovich will be playing Spider-Man’s nemesis the Vulture, who packs a punch despite his advanced age. The Vulture is able to fly through the air and brandish his sharp wings to attack Spider-Man.

Um...they do know that he can absorb other people's life force, too.....right???

Whether it be the characterization of Doc Ock, which to me left that portion of the movie to consist of the whiniest man alive trying to beat up a psychomaniac who threw Aunt May off a building, robbed a bank, tried to kill Spider-Man, kidnapped Mary Jane, and nearly destroyed New York with the equivalent of a nuclear weapon.

Fixed.

It is not like Spider-Man thought to himself "I'm gonna beat me up a widower". If I remember correctly he only attack Doc Ock after he tried to rob a bank/kidnaps Aunt May.

To me whatever Spiderman's motivation was did not lessen the fact that the characterization made it easier to get behind Doc Ock.

Whether it be the characterization of Doc Ock, which to me left that portion of the movie to consist of the whiniest man alive trying to beat up a psychomaniac who threw Aunt May off a building, robbed a bank, tried to kill Spider-Man, kidnapped Mary Jane, and nearly destroyed New York with the equivalent of a nuclear weapon.

Fixed.

Other than that last one the movie did nothing to make me not want him to succeed in pulling off what is in that list.

Um...they do know that he can absorb other people's life force, too.....right???

Who's they? If you mean the guy who wrote the preview up on movieline, then probably not.

Doc Ock was made to be a sympathetic bad guy, just like Sandman. I want a batshit crazy evil villain just once that wasn't made that way by poor circumstances or an industrial accident.

Like Norman? I mean, he went a little craziER after the goblin gas, but he was still pretty bad beforehand.

The gas made him crazy and evil. Before that, he was just a douche businessman who was disappointed in his son.

Doc Ock was made to be a sympathetic bad guy, just like Sandman. I want a batshit crazy evil villain just once that wasn't made that way by poor circumstances or an industrial accident.

Kinda makes you sad that Raimi has said on multiple occasions that he has no intention of using Carnage. Spider-Man has plenty of irredeemable villains but they aren't the well known ones unluckily.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like everyone's friendly neighborhood web slinger has been been placed on indefinite hold said an inside source exclusively to the IESB today.

Apparently, several department heads working on the SPIDER-M4N production were notified of the halt last Thursday. Spidey and friends have some issues that need to be dealt with before production can move forward once again. Oh, and the film is known as SPIDER-M4N within the production offices so take note! Who wants to be the first to start the trending topic on Twitter #SPIDER-M4N?

An inside source working on the project tells IESB that there are some major issues director Sam Raimi is dealing with that include an incomplete script. And why is the script incomplete? Looks like Raimi and the studio heads at Sony Pictures can't agree upon a villain for the film.

Raimi is pushing hard for the Vulture to be the big baddie, something he also pushed for in the third film to star alongside the Sandman but didn't get and we all know how that one turned out. Vulture was to do his evil deeds alongside the new Goblin and Sandman. A single concept art sketch can be seen in "The Art of Spider-Man 3" book. Vulture and Flint Marko would have been cellmates who escaped together, with Vulture pressuring the more passive Marko into committing crimes.

On the flip side, who does the studio want to be the villain? Our source says they seem to only be interested in featuring which ever character is selling books right now but basically they have no idea, just not the Vulture.

So, production on SPIDER-M4N grinded to a halt this past Thursday and isn't budging until some compromises are made. Sony is in a bit of a dilemna though because they are insistent upon getting a film shooting as soon as possible. Our source also said these issues aren't being handled in the most friendliest of fashions. There is apparently some definite anger within the production with several people very "pissed off".

Perhaps they will use the time over the holidays to calm down in order to make some compromises to decide which way the film will be headed as the new year begins in January.

Source