One More Day SPOILERS

ragernok2002

HEADED FOR THE CHOPPING BLOCK?

“Black Cat, Mary Jane, and Aunt May?

“Is it one of these ladies that take a dirt nap in the upcoming storyline ‘One More Day’? You heard it here, folks. A re-assuring voice and shoulder-to-lean-on is going to be taken out permanent-style in this four-issue storyline, which kicks off in Amazing Spider-Man #544 and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #24. This body check is whipped up by war horses J. Michael Straczynski and Joe Quesada. Pain is promised. No tissues will be issued!

“Who next gets thrown under the bus like the long-lost Gwen Stacy? Details are hard to come by, but what we do know is that there ain’t much joy in Mudville. Spidey’s gonna get left out in the rain again, and oh, how the tears will flow.”

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=118469

I reckon its gonna be Robbie Robertson or maybe Betty Brant. The MJ, Black Cat and Aunt May bit is a red herring

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...good to know that longstanding characters in the MU are being treated so well with terminology like "Thrown under the bus" and "dirt nap."

I could care less what they do with Spider-man anymore. Joe Q talks and talks about how they've ruined the character with the wedding and all that and now they go even further....another girl in the fridge please!

First: Marvel didn't write that. Diamond used that utterly poor wording.

Second: Not every female death is a "women in refrigerators" death. I know you didn't say that, but your tone implies it. It irks me when people use it so loosely; it's akin to calling a male hero sexist because he punched a female villain. Women die in real life, and comic book readers need to accept that female characters are going to die too. Some will fall into this category (e.g. Sue Dibny), but others won't (e.g. Aunt May's death in Amazing Spider-Man #400, Phoenix's original death in Uncanny X-Men). It's all in how they died. Frankly, unless the death in One More Day is grisly and / or meant to piss off Peter (RE: Green Goblin and Gwen Stacy), it doesn't count. Since all signs point to it being May (who's already on her deathbed), chances are high the death won't fall into this category.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The current rumor is that we're going to see

something similar to a Superboy Prime reality altering punch-like event

near the end of One More Day. If that is / was the case, I have to wonder if Marvel is retooling the ending, hence the reason for the delays.

The current rumor is that we're going to see

something similar to a Superboy Prime reality altering punch-like event

near the end of One More Day. If that is / was the case, I have to wonder if Marvel is retooling the ending, hence the reason for the delays.

Like I said: next stop hypocritesville. This would supremely lower Joe Q in my books. After all his railing against Crisis-type events...

Correct. Event is the wrong word. It should have people worried.

Next thing we know is Hulk will punch reality, Iron Man will be a good guy, Cap will still be alive, Peter will never have unmasked, House of M (will never have happened (a good thing), and we're back to 1998...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So...who read this and your thoughts?

This is like if they took a What if? concept and just ran with it. Harry being back isn't just big for Spider-man, its huge for Norman Osbourne too. Make no mistake, I think the entire concept of this event is monumental BS but the reveal at the end did catch my attention. Spidey has more of a group dynamic with his old friends now. Its like the whole things gone straight back to the 80's again, and its tough to tell if theres been any real changes in that time. Harry's been in rehab and something is up with Peter & MJ but aside from that its a total time-warp. Peters even still living with May! He's 30 and he's STILL living at home! I'll be interested to see if this change actually does allow Spider-man to become interesting again but it does annoy me that all the potential character development that came from his involvment with Iron man and the Civil war has just been ditched. Peter Parker had the chance to actually grow up and become a real player in the Marvel U and now he's just right back at square one. I'm not buying this book unless the trades get rave reviews.

Oh yeah, Peters interaction with May in this book to creepy beyond words.

Hated it. For the longest time, Spider-Man annoyed me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it was the bad jokes or the overall dorkiness of the character. Then I sat down and read a lot of the JMS run and the Civil War. He was suddenly one of my favorite superheroes. Now all that is gone. What's worse, arguably the biggest moment of Civil War, Peter's unmasking, now NEVER HAPPENED. I guess there was always a chance of it being retconned but that didn't take very long. Awful. I can see why JMS was so dead set against this twist.

I am not buying the nearly weekly Amazing Spider-Man. They killed my interest in a mere two issues.

I'm at a loss for words. Before the series hit (and even after the first issue) I was fully behind the storyline. As we got deeper into it, as the Mephisto aspect came to the forefront, the story simply fell apart. The Marvel fanboy in me hopes they have an exit strategy, because I do not see this sitting well with fans or the mainstream.

Oh, considering Quesada inked pages 23-31, now more than ever I'm convinced they changed the ending, thus leading to the delays.

So is this book set in the 80's now? Is Gwen Stacy still alive too? Why not just bring Uncle Ben back with no build and no reasoning? Doesn't that makes about as much sense as bringing back Harry? Does this effect whether or not the New Avengers know who Peter is? Is Peter still in the New Avengers? Did the Civil War happen? Is Peter still wanted by Shield? Does the fact that Marvel apparently thought of none of this but I just did bother anyone but me?

To pull this right before Secret Invasion was a terrible idea. Not only are we trying to figure out who's a Skrull, but now we have to figure out who's who in Peter's life. So very lame.

The only way this will wind up being cool is if Mephisto's a Skrull, too.