One More Day SPOILERS

ragernok2002

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is that all this can be explained by the DC Countdown tie-in issue in which Supermanboy Prime comes to the 616 reality during his search for his own earth and decides to punch it. Unfortunatly as per usual DC's Countdown stuff is massively out of sync with all the rest of comics and so One More Day spoiled the whole deal. On the upside Ben Reilly is back. On the downside the issue is currently written on a beermat that feel down the back of Paul Dini's desk.

So he unmasked his-self during the Civil War, BUT, he has no intention to register as this would require him to reveal his identity?!?!

Love that last quote by the writers/producers "Any questions? Hey, dont ask us we're new here ourselves!" Well thats great to know

So he unmasked his-self during the Civil War, BUT, he has no intention to register as this would require him to reveal his identity?!?!

Love that last quote by the writers/producers "Any questions? Hey, dont ask us we're new here ourselves!" Well thats great to know

That's a good tag line: "Spider-Man Brand New Day: We don't have a fucking clue either."

At least they have someone who can write incomprehensible tripe on board...

Oh, my head.

So, Quesada hated Peter's marriage. Vocally. This is well known. I get it. But he didn't want to have Peter get divorced, because that would create a disconnect with the readers... so a PACT WITH SATAN (kind of) was the only alternative? Wha?

Joe Q is making my brain hurt.

OK, Mephisto supernaturally mind-wiped the entire Marvel Universe. Fine.

What is really annoying is that they wiped out the evolution of Spider-Man's powers - both the organic webbing and the powers he acquired in "The Other". Why did I buy that TPB again?

This is pathetic.

I think it's safe to say that punching reality jokes are no longer valid for describing stupid and nonsensical story arcs.

2007: the year they ruined Spiderman. The year Quesada decided no one was talented enough to tell a story with a married Spiderman.

Even though talented writers have been doing it for years. Asshole.

And you are correct. It is now known as making a deal with Joe Q.

Taking a stab in the dark here.

I'm assuming some people don't like this story too much?

I don't like the principle. I haven't read it and I don't read SM and don't ever really intend to, unless a creative team worth its salt gets on it.

The fact that this was seen as the only way to revitalize the character is absolutely beyond me. One of, if not the, biggest unneeded copout in the history of comics. Ridiculous. He was a goofy teenager for ages and continues to be in USM. Why does it have to go back to that? He's in his twenties or thirties by now in continuity so now he's a role model by being a young and carefree teenager again? Makes no sense.

Life is difficult and one's actions have consequences. That is the entire basis behind the character. Wiping away something that seems difficult if counterintuitive and against everything the character has been for forty years.

Other than that, I think it's great!

• 1 month later...

Haven't been into a comic book shop in a bit over two years now, but I went to one today.

Figured I aced my calc exam and deserved a treat, I'll probably tell the girl next week.......

Anyway, picked up 'One More Day' and 'Brand New Day' along with a few other items.....but I was really looking forward to the Spiderman stuff.

Jesus F.

You see this cover?

03188797534.546.gif

Look at that big, sloppy grin on his face.....it's as if he's telling the reader 'Hi fans, Peter Parker (Spiderman!) here, just wanted to let you folks know that hey, even I think the past few issues were pretty silly.....c'mon, lets enjoy my adventures in a mind-wiped universe together, shall we?'

This is what I come back to? These writers, the same writers who grew up as fans and have fucking READ Crisis, thought the best way to end the marriage was a deal with the devil.

Really?

Have we gone back to the Silver Age? Was the past 20 years 'all a dream'? What a fucking cop out.

Remember this?

00139063248.1.gif

The bitch of it is they KNOW when they make stupid, stupid mistakes. They can accept this, address it and even poke a bit of fun at themselves in the process.

It's Marvel. Marvel never needed huge, cosmic Crisis like stories to wipe stuff out. They FOUND ways out of binds like that through good storytelling.

Peter Parker, the 'everyman' hero, the down on his luck loser who never catches a break, the urban crime fighter who can't seem to save up enough money to rub two nickels together has his marriage wiped from reality.

Really?

For fucks sake. I'm about to break into 'Brand New Day' now although at this point I'm not even sure I should.

Oh well, thankfully I have boxes and boxes of older stuff I can cling to, like this for instance:

60930948398.107.gif

Jeez I loved Spectacular