Randomness

Missy

...I fucking quit.

They're fucking remaking 'True Grit.'

I don't even care that it's directors and actors I not only respect, but like. There is no fucking reason to remake this film. None at fucking all.

Especially given the emotional attachment that film has for a lot of people. There's a thousand other westerns, don't touch the one that embodies a hollywood legend.

As someone with no real knowledge of westerns, how does remaking this compare with remaking 3:10 to Yuma?

Three words:

John Fucking Wayne

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...I fucking quit.

They're fucking remaking 'True Grit.'

I don't even care that it's directors and actors I not only respect, but like. There is no fucking reason to remake this film. None at fucking all.

Especially given the emotional attachment that film has for a lot of people. There's a thousand other westerns, don't touch the one that embodies a hollywood legend.

As someone with no real knowledge of westerns, how does remaking this compare with remaking 3:10 to Yuma?

3:10 To Yuma was a tight little film that actually sort of merited a remake. It was a nice period piece that many people had forgotten about.

True Grit is the movie that won John Wayne his only best actor Oscar, and is widely regarded as the best movie of an American Legend. (Personally, I think both The Searchers and Rio Bravo are better films, but Rooster Cogburn is the Duke's quintessential role.)

3:10 to Yuma was a popular and well received film that got a popular and well received sequel.

True Grit was one of John Wayne's seminal films, made after he'd suffered through lung cancer, resulting in the removal of four ribs and a lung. He won the academy award for it. Many old school western fans feel its far to personal and important a film to be remade. I'd have to agree, it would feel like remaking one of those all time classics, like The Godfather.

I'm all in favour of remaking westerns, I think they are underutilised. There are a thousand candidates out there which don't invoke a negative response from old school fans.

And the worst part?

They think they're doing it right, and in another case, I'd agree with them. I mean, Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, The Coen Brothers, that's a hell of a team. Fuck, put them on a remake of Rio Bravo and I'd be in the front row. But this is True Grit. It's like remaking Casablanca.

Time for another to do list from me!

1. Work on PR project and analyse some websites.

2. Redraft journalism article on stand up comedy.

3. Listen to news based/magazine radio shows.

4. Analyse these radio shows.

5. Start work on interview questions.

6. Mess around with audacity.

7. Buy a gaming magazine.

8. Analyse gaming magazine articles.

9. Analyse film magazine.

10. Redraft and lengthen analysis of articles already completed.

11. Figure out how to import MP3's onto a Synergy radio desk.

12. Re-record radio station idents.

Time for another to do list from me!

1. Work on PR project and analyse some websites.

2. Redraft journalism article on stand up comedy.

3. Listen to news based/magazine radio shows.Listened to one

4. Analyse these radio shows. Analysed one of them.

5. Start work on interview questions.

6. Mess around with audacity.

7. Buy a gaming magazine.

8. Analyse gaming magazine articles.

9. Analyse film magazine.

10. Redraft and lengthen analysis of articles already completed.

11. Figure out how to import MP3's onto a Synergy radio desk.

12. Re-record radio station idents.

Well, that's part of 2 down.

Also, screaming would be nice round about now.