Next week...

Missy

So, I suppose the rest of us are here to pontificate for your amusement? What do you take us for?!

Uh..................Jubilee kills the Silver Surfer? :unsure:

Paving the way for Annihilation: Destructo Crapola! The event that introduces the world to Jubilation Lee, Herald of Galactus.

Consider this thread a cock tease. ;)

That, and a warning: when buying your comics next week, do not flip through them in the store. Doing so will spoil some really cool moments / reveals, and these are events you do not want ruined before reading the entire book.

Consider this thread a cock tease. ;)

That, and a warning: when buying your comics next week, do not flip through them in the store. Doing so will spoil some really cool moments / reveals, and these are events you do not want ruined before reading the entire book.

considering the only Marvel books i am getting next week are Howard The Duck and Criminal i assume these HOLY SHIT moments won't effect me at all.

It could be something in The Order or Immortal Iron Fist but while both are great books i don't know if either are big enough to warrant a HOLY SHIT moment.

maybe Fantastic Four ?

but at the end of the day i will probably not even read the book in question nor care about the HOLY SHIT moment (unless it's the X-Men book) but you still have me slightly intrigued now about what it could be.

The three books are

Annihilation: Conquest #1, Astonishing X-Men #23 and New Avengers: Illuminati #5

If you're heavily invested in Marvel's future, two of those books are very important! As admitted in the first post, the other "HOLY SHIT~!" moment was more of a fanboy thing.

Well, what did everyone think?

Astonishing:

I think I liked this one the most, even though it wasn't the most surprising. Everyone knew Cyclops wasn't going to die, and that he would eventually get his powers back, but the explanation to the whole plan was brilliant, as was the very last page. Since I have been reading this book longer than the others listed here, this was the most fulfilling to me. Big payoff issue.

Conquest:

This really had two moments. The High Evolutionary was going to be the moment, I thought, and was actually willing to accept that. But on that last page, with Ultron, I was floored. Probably the biggest holy shit moment of the weak. This is good shit people, get on board.

Illuminati:

This was. obviously, the least surpising moment of the week. I think everyone assumed someone was going to be a skrull. I did like that the group realized that this all goes back to when they fucked with the Skrulls years ago, and it was nice to see that these actions have consequences. Good story, good shit, but not the best surprise.

Illuminati, we knew it was going to happen but it was done in such an epic way that it worked very very well.

Astonishing: definitive fanboy moment solidifying why Cyclops isn't a pussy like everyone else writes him to be.

Annihilation: couldn't excite me if I was writing this book.

The sad thing is, the reveal in

Annihilation: Conquest

was screwed over by

the delays of Mighty Avengers

. Supposedly

at the end of the first Mighty Avengers storyline

we'll learn

how Ultron got into space / involved with Annihilation: Conquest

, but that

was supposed to happen months ago

Annihilation: couldn't excite me if I was writing this book.

Wow. I didn't know that was possible.

The utter crap they have been front-loading this event with has turned me off of ever enjoying anything with the name "Annihilation" attached to it. Marvel is becoming a place I don't enjoy anymore. The cosmic stuff was what I used to like the most.

In New Avengers: Illuminati

it was revealed that Black Bolt was a Skrull. The question is, how long has he been one? Did he help shoot Hulk into space, or was that the Skrull? Did he take Hulk's beating, or was that the Skrull? And where's the real Black Bolt?

At the end of this I think the Hulk will redeem himself in the eyes of the heroes by stopping the invasion. Its obvious that the skrulls were the ones who sent his rocket off-course.

With regards to Black Bolt I'd say that right now I think that was a very recent replacement. His actions in the Silent War and World War Hulk were very much Black Bolts own. Presumably the Silent War is now placed after WWH chronologically since SW ended with Black Bolt imprisoned by his brother. Its could be that the Skrulls engineered the fall of the Inhumans and so now whilst Bolt is imprisoned they intercepted the call and sent an impersonator.

Once again this is one of those areas where Marvel is being very unclear.