Hulk and Iron Man movies in same continuity!

JackFetch

I think its not unreasonable that Nick Fury will show up in all the new Marvel films. Even if it doesn't set up the Avengers, its still a cool fanboy deal to get him into them to confirm thier continuity.

Besides, they already confired that Dr Strange is present in the Spider-man movieverse.

If memory serves, when Jonah was bantering around names to call Doc Ock, one of them was Doctor Strange. But that doesn't put them in the same universe. It's simply a nod to Steve Ditko, who co-created Ock and Strange.

The Punisher can be seen very briefly at the end of Spider-Man 2. As MJ runs away from her wedding, she passes a fountain. If you pause it, Thomas Jane, in his Punisher gear, can be seen.

If memory serves, when Jonah was bantering around names to call Doc Ock, one of them was Doctor Strange. But that doesn't put them in the same universe. It's simply a nod to Steve Ditko, who co-created Ock and Strange.

The Punisher can be seen very briefly at the end of Spider-Man 2. As MJ runs away from her wedding, she passes a fountain. If you pause it, Thomas Jane, in his Punisher gear, can be seen.

I remember about the Dr. Strange thing now. Didn't someone say that name was taken, thus putting them in the same universe? I had no idea about the Punisher thing though. Damnit, I'm going to have to watch it now.

edit: According to IMDB it's not him.

Toward the end of the movie, it was rumored that the Punisher was noticeable. This turned out to be false and is only someone who resembled Thomas Jane. This is purely coincidental. He was never intended by the makers to be the Punisher.

I remember about the Dr. Strange thing now. Didn't someone say that name was taken, thus putting them in the same universe? I had no idea about the Punisher thing though. Damnit, I'm going to have to watch it now.

Yeah, you're right. Someone said, "Taken," when the name was tossed out. But that doesn't mean it is the Doctor Strange. It could be a crazy hippy bum calling himself Doctor Strange.

edit: According to IMDB it's not him.

Toward the end of the movie, it was rumored that the Punisher was noticeable. This turned out to be false and is only someone who resembled Thomas Jane. This is purely coincidental. He was never intended by the makers to be the Punisher.

Thomas Jane or not, that's clearly supposed to be the Punisher. It originally caught my eye (in the theater) because he looks right at the camera. Extras never do that. It's a fun little in-joke, that's all.

I'll have to watch it again......it may have but if it was I didn't notice it.....I may have been too busy being overwhelmed with the power of hope or some such.

While I'm a fan of these 'nods' to fans they have the danger of backfiring.......recall the deleted scene from the first FF movie where Reed used his pliability to morph into a more appealing form for Sue.....something to the affect of 'Well SueDarling.....I know I'm not a 'tough guy'....maybe you'd prefer something like THIS!'

....and he makes himself look like Wolverine......and then turns to the camera, breaking the fourth wall by giving the audience a knowing smile 'Hey! You've seen the X-Men! YOU ALL know who this is!!'

I'm torn between being relieved that they didn't put it in and mortified that they even filmed it in the first place.......

My gf got me the barebones FF initial release ( :cry: I love her to bits but what....we couldn't wait a few months for the sexy double disc?)

and it's one of the special features in there.....it's bizzare....

They filmed it but didn't complete the sfx......what you'll see is Reed's face as he turns to camera as the wolverine type hair skeleton ghosts about his head.

That knowing smile he gives us, the viewers, is just.......bad.....

I still haven't had the chance to grab the dead sexy double disc FF film so I don't know it's there as well.......

• 5 weeks later...

A description of the scene in question:

So the scene that was shot was for the Hulk with General Thunderbolt who is very important to the Hulk. Anyway, Tony Stark meets with him - which of course is a straight prelude to the Avengers Movie.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35203

Oh, and another way that two separate franchises fit together:

The super soldier serum is a huge part of the plot in the Incredible Hulk movie

• 2 weeks later...

It's confirmed:

We're not sure if William Hurt was supposed to say this much, but he said quite a bit to MTV at the Sundance Film Festival about starring in The Incredible Hulk and the film's cross-over with Iron Man. (Spoilers Ahead!) Exhibit A:

"

I have a scene with Iron Man, with Robert Downey Jr.," the Oscar-winning actor told MTV News Friday at the Sundance Film Festival. "It's a funky scene"... "I don't know how it'll work," Hurt admitted, saying it was a thrill to appear as General Thaddeus Ross during Downey's scene. "I know it's weird [to work with a character from another movie], and to know it's a device. We did something; I don't know what that's going to be like [to watch].

"

He goes even further, detailing a big spoiler. Exhibit B:

"Liv Tyler, I play her father, General Ross," he explained. "There's a scene, and during that scene there are a number of things happening. [Hulk] has beaten Abomination, and then there's a crowd that gathers around, and they realize that he's beaten Abomination. That Abomination was the one who was killing for just the joy of killing; Hulk is not the one... "It's the moment of turn," Hurt added, "when society's relationship with Hulk stops being so stupid."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6702