Favorite / Best: James Cameron

Missy

Favorite / Best: James Cameron  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, you've definately know how to make a poll/forum. The best James Cameron film is almost an impossibility to choose. The easiest to say is that Pirahna II: The Spawning was his worst film. But his best film is incredibly hard to choose. So I will do what I did last time, review each film:

The Abyss; certainly one of the top Sci-Fi films of all time, next to films like 2001: A Space Odyssey, E. T: The Extra Terrestrial. Ed Harris is excellent in the starring role, the Special Effects, like with all Cameron films breaks the barrier of what was thought to be possible at the time. The story is one of those stories you must be focused on or you'll miss something, which is what I like to see in films. I give this film 8 out of 10.

Aliens; James Cameron took a horror/sci-fi classic like Alien and kicked it up a notch with Aliens. Making it more Action oriented and giving Sigourney Weaver one hell of a line "Get Away From Her, YOU BITCH, " is classic and is definately one of the top film quotes. James Cameron has proven that sequels can surpass the original in some aspects and he did it here too. This was also noted as being one of the first films to get an "Extended Cut" when first released on Laserdisc(I believe the honor for that goes to T2: Judgment Day). Go watch Ridley Scott's original and prepare for a good time with this follow-up.

This gets 9 out of 10.

Pirahna II: The Spawning; well every director has to start somewhere and this was one of his first. I only saw this once and couldn't watch it again. Still it's better than the original, so it gets a point for that. 2 out 10.

The Terminator; the best Sci-Fi film in my opinion. This film help secure Arnold Schwarzenneger's place in the world of cinema(Conan the Barbarian was his first break-through role though) and really began the time traveling craze of the 1980's(which was quickly followed by Back to the Future). There is no way in hell that someone in this forum hasn't seen this film and its sequel, so I won't even point out its good points, you should all know them. 10 out of 10.

Terminator II: Judgment Day; side by side as the best Sci-Fi film ever made in my opinion, while even surpassing the original in alot of ways. The technology for the film, just like with The Abyss was thought impossible, but Cameron proved again that anything is possible when you want it. "The Extended Cut" is just as memorable as being one of the first(I actually think it was the first)film to recieve an alternate version of it theatrical cut on Laserdisc. 10 out of 10.

Titanic; well probably side by side with Gone With the Wind and West Side Story as the greatest love story ever told. What it also manages to do is teach us a little about things that have been documented as fact in history. While the history isn't 100% accurate(there was a ship close by that could have saved the passengers in the water, but they ignored the SOS, thinking the flares were party signals). It also shows that everyone in our lives no matter how big or small can effect our lives in big ways. 10 out of 10.

True Lies; lol I love this film. It manages to mix action and humor nicely. While Demolition Man mentions Arnold Schwarzenneger in a comedic fashion, this film mentions a Sylvester Stallone "I Married Rambo" Jamie Lee Curtis and Arnold Schwarzenneger are great together and we are introduced to the beautiful Eliza Dushku, who would go to kick ass (literally)in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. 8 out of 10.

Favorite: True Lies is too damn funny and exciting. Whenever I see it on TV I stop to watch it.

Best: Terminator 2, as I said before, set the new standard for action films. Furthermore, it just might be better than the original -- a rarity in cinema.