Green Lantern

Missy

Reports are coming in stating that Jack Black has signed to play Green Lantern in a comedy version of the DC property (a la The Mask). Word is that DC tried to kill the project, but parent company Warner Bros. loves it. And, due to the way that company is structured, DC had little to no say.

If this is true, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise, because Warner Bros. nearly went ahead with a similar GL project years ago staring Eddie Murphy.

Reports are coming in stating that the WB studios have conspired to destroy the Green Lantern.  All past, present and future Green Lanterns have threatened to kill themselves within the week if the conspiracy isn't halted.

Fixed.

I'm starting to seriously think Warner Bros. wants to kill the comic book/superhero genre. With Catwoman and Constantine forthcoming, the rumors of Jack Black as GL, McG even being considered to direct Superman, and Superman III & IV and Batman III & IV already under their belts, their résumé is quite ugly.

Reports are coming in stating that the WB studios have conspired to destroy the Green Lantern.  All past, present and future Green Lanterns have threatened to kill themselves within the week if the conspiracy isn't halted.

Fixed.

I'm starting to seriously think Warner Bros. wants to kill the comic book/superhero genre. With Catwoman and Constantine forthcoming, the rumors of Jack Black as GL, McG even being considered to direct Superman, and Superman III & IV and Batman III & IV already under their belts, their résumé is quite ugly.

With a legacy such as that, I wouldn't be surprised if some WB exec is hiding some dastardly plot to ruin DC. At least their credibility.

With a legacy such as that, I wouldn't be surprised if some WB exec is hiding some dastardly plot to ruin DC. At least their credibility.

There is such an idea floating around. Much like AOL/Time Warner was looking for an excuse to sell WCW (and boy did they get it), some tend to believe that they no longer want DC Comics and the only reason they keep the company around is for movie, TV, and cartoon deals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jack has gone on the record as stating that he is not attached to this film (THANK GOD!), but would be interested if the script was right.

Still, if they can't get Black, I'm sure WB'll find some way to ruin it. There's always some face-of-the-hour that can be hooked into a project like this. How about Ashton Kutcher, he's annoying! Or maybe they'll turn it into another girl power fantasy (emphasis on the ass) by getting someone like Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan in a "wacky" version of GL.

I can't believe this is the same company that gives us Justice League Unlimited.

Still, if they can't get Black, I'm sure WB'll find some way to ruin it. There's always some face-of-the-hour that can be hooked into a project like this. How about Ashton Kutcher, he's annoying!

Don't scare me like that. Seriously, the thought of that fucktard even touching a superhero movie frightens me to the bone.

Fixed.

Does anyone remember how Marvel were trying to sell to Sony at one stage? It was before ToyBiz came in for the save. THANK GOD that never happened, imagine how fucked up the genre would be if both the BIG2 were controled buy Parent companies....