Episode 206

RSS

I know I said this about episode 202, but this might be my new favorite episode. Everything about it was a blast!

FYI: Jenny suggested the music. Frankly, it fit our show (and I needed bumpers since Wicked Prayer's soundtrack hasn't been released), so that's what I went with. I know this is the second show since 200 with full songs, but don't get used to it.

Heh.

Random thoughts:

-"Babycheeks" should be an official grade just above "Babychest".

-Pat Morita was nominated for an Oscar and Golden Globe for the Karate Kid. And I absolutely agree that you should review the Karate Kid for the show, but you should also review the sequels, including "The Next Karate Kid" with Hilary Swank.

-Yeah, don't feel bad that couldn't finish Wicked Prayer. No one I know who's seen it has finished it, and some of them are masochists. The group I was watching it with turned it off after recovering from our respective giggling fits brought on by the reveal of the John Connors in full makeup.

Edit: Almost forgot... Great show.

I sorta watched Wicked Prayer all the way through, but I was very drunk at the time, so I remeber very little. I do remeber however, that Tara Reid ended up being ARRESTED rather than killed. Given that this is (loosely) a Crow film, that's so horribly retarded. Gotta love how you labelled then John Connor & Angel though!!!

As for the personal geekdom question, I whole-heartedly agree with allowing such things. For one thing, I could churn out a couple of extra articles on a few obscure things from dear old Angleterre. Assuming I could fit in article writing between sleeping and eating, at the moment....

Ummm............what's a sharpie????

-Yeah, don't feel bad that couldn't finish Wicked Prayer. No one I know who's seen it has finished it, and some of them are masochists. The group I was watching it with turned it off after recovering from our respective giggling fits brought on by the reveal of the John Connors in full makeup.

I watched The Crow: Wicked Prayer 4 times. It was hard, but when I buy a DVD I make sure I get my money's worth out of it. It was just a horrible film, in my opinion David Boreanaz and Danny Trejo are the only thing that kept me going. The Dennis Hopper scene almost made me jump to get the DVD out of my player(like in an action movie, lol). Sadley you have to waste your money to buy this, since it's not a part of the box set(the only way I'll buy Omen IV: The Awakening is with the box set).

I love the Karate Kid films, The Next Karate Kid was utter garbage, but still watchable compared to Crow 4, but not by much. Think about this, a few years after The Next Karate Kid, Hilary Swank won an Oscar for the film "Boys Don't Cry"

Random Observations:

Jenny should totally sing more often.

I can't think of anything more intrinsically geeky than a thirty-year-old man wigging out over something he liked when he was seven or eight. That is an awesome idea for a segment.

I don't know what the laws are in Illinois, but in Massachusetts, the cops would be allowed to ticket you in your parking lot. You pay a condo fee for, among other things, the use of the parking lot, but you don't specificaly OWN it. As long as the management company has no issue with it, and the cop doesn't have to, like, climb a fence or dig a tunnel to get in, you're fair game. That said, hey almost never ever actually DO this, because it's a dickhead thing to do, unless one happened to see you do something you weren't supposed to and then turned into your lot (I once got ticketed for driving without an inspection sticker, and a cop follwed me home).

I am of the opinion that the Crow franchise should have ended witht he first movie. The rest of the movies, and the TV show, were abominable. I haven't seen Wicked Prayer - it's the only one I haven't seen, because my fondness for the original keeps me coming back in hopes maybe THIS sequel will be better, but after the one with Kirsten Dunst I just gave up. Blech.

I think we can all agree at this point that Kirsten Dunst has ruined every movie she's ever been in.

Hmm. You know, I think you may have something there.

Lies! Bring it on, Crazy/Beautiful, Eternal Sunshine, Marie Antoinette, all these are good films with good performances by Kirsten Dunst. I admit she was all wrong for Spider-man, but I've liked her a lot in other films.

I think we can all agree at this point that Kirsten Dunst has ruined every movie she's ever been in.

Hmm. You know, I think you may have something there.

Lies! Bring it on, Crazy/Beautiful, Eternal Sunshine, Marie Antoinette, all these are good films with good performances by Kirsten Dunst. I admit she was all wrong for Spider-man, but I've liked her a lot in other films.

If not for the greatness of DUSHKU~!@@, Bring it On would have been all kinds of awful, and I'll argue that she was horrid in the other three as well.

Hey guys, Just getting to this episode, got home and been busy.(Happy "Late" Anniversary)

Hey Jenny, not a big MCR, my sister loves them and my cousin happened to go to high school with the brothers.

I love the music in The Karate Kid, I have the song "Your the Best Around" and "Glory of Love" from the soundtrack. I also love Over the Top, a very underrated film by Sylvester Stallone, great story and awesome music.

Here's some music videos for those movies; hope you enjoy:(I wish these videos were on the DVD's)

Joe Espisito-Your The Best Around Music Video (Karate Kid Soundtrack)

Peter Cetera-Glory of Love(Karate Kid II Soundtrack)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnOXm7ozIGE...feature=related

Sammy Hagar-Winner Takes It All (Over the Top Soundtrack) this has an arm wrestling match between Sammy Hagar and Sylvester Stallone

Kenny Loggins-Meet Me Half Way(Over the Top Soundtrack)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHE-VwX9jwI

Getting on with the podcast, Now Mike I'm no police officer, but if it's private property, its like entering a house without a warrant, it's illegal. I think he was wrong. You may have something to complaint about there. I'm behind you on that(unfortunately I don't live in the community), so I'm not sure how much that can help.

Song Break....Okay song, good to just walk somewhere with, but sitting in my home alone, ughh

The name is pronounced BOR-E-AN-EZ, not that you probably care, lol

The Crow: Wicked Prayer, I won't review again, since I did under episode 200 forum. I know how you feel about how you felt, now imagine seeing it 4 times, simply to hear the commentaries, AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Your lucky you missed Dennis Hopper's performance in this, it would kill you watching any other film by him.

Pat on the back for trying guys, we all appreciate it.

Love Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II....

Watching The Crow: Wicked Prayer made me feel bad for the writer who wrote it, the DVD makers for making the DVD's, the editors(who had to watch the scenes a million times) and the actors(the director seemed to have enthusiasm for it). This Crow film was given a theatrical release(for one week), it was very short, but this was after being on the shelves for a few years(cause of how bad it was). The only reason it was released was because of fans of the films petitioning the release.

Read my review on episode 200 of Earth-2.net: The Show for this film if you wanna know more of the plot of the film.

The beginning of the film does set the tone of the whole film, I mean it introduces each character as if its trying to be a documentary(by freezing the characters, giving their stats). I hated that.

Cuervo does mean Raven in Spanish, he is an ex-con after he killed a would be rapists(who was bragging about raping a woman). The town hated the Jimmy character because of him killing the guy. His character is stuck in the town do to a parole, at midnight he will be allowed to go free.

The characters of Luc and Jimmy were childhood friends, who are like sarragant brothers to each other. Luc feels Jimmy has turned his back on Luc and his beliefs.

Jenny ENCORE....LOL

I blame every actor for this pice of garbage, they read the script and signed on, so yes they are to blame. As much as I like Danny Trejo, Dennis Hopper and David Boreanaz, this was their fault.

Hey Mike, remember how you gave every Batman: TAS an extra point for not being "The Terrible Trio" episode? Well do the same for every movie you reviewed before this for not being this film.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE'S MY REVIEW I COPIED AND PASTED FROM EPISODE 200(if you haven't listened to this episode, go now)

The Crow: Wicked Prayer (2005) Okay this will be a short review, as this film SUCKS, almost nothing about this film is good. I found myself bored as f*** when watching this. It was given a one week theatrical release in Seattle, Washington and was released on DVD a little bit laters. Just like in the previous film, we get high profile actors. Edward Furlong(T2: Judgment Day, Pet Semetary II and Aerosmith's "Livin on the Edge"), David Boreanaz(Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Bones TV Series). Tara Reid(the American Pie films), Danny Trejo(Rob Zombie's Halloween, The Devil's Rejects), Emmanuelle Chriqui(Wrong Turn, On the Line), Dennis Hopper(Speed, True Romance), even Macy Gray(Spider-Man). While I enjoyed the performance from David Boreanaz and Danny Trejo, the rest of the film sucked. This film did do one thing and that was give us the look of what John Connor in T3 if Edward Furlong was given a chance to play him in the film.

Ok basically the film takes place in a run down Reservation site where much of the land has been polluted to almost unlivable conditions. Danny Trejo is the man who everyone looks up too and the father of Emmanuelle Chriqui. The beginning of the film starts off with the reservation going through preperations for the Raven Festival, Jimmy Cuervo an ex-con who was jailed for the death of a would-be rapist and hated by everyone except Lily(Emmanuelle Chriqui)and is preparing the leave town as his probation is ending and wants to take Lily with him(they have been secretly having a romance together). On the night that he is preparing to leave with her his old pal Luc Crash(David Borenaz) and his group of Satanic Worshippers come by and kill them in a Satanic Ritual, that will endow Luc with all the powers of Satan and help the anti-christ be born into the world. Jimmy is brought back by The Crow's powers and dons the make up similar to the Raven Festivals insignia(which amazingly is the same as Eric Draven's make up)and heads out to destroy them one by one.

Okay, the studio even thought this fil, sucked, it sat on the shelf for a long while before being released(due to fan request). Dennis Hopper in this is so cartoony I was shocked that he played in this piece of crap, but than I saw his similar portrayel in "Land of the Dead" and thought, wow he must have sunk bottom in his career. The music was terrible, the acting was over the top much of the time. The only solid performances here are from Danny Trejo as the grieving father, who becomes an ally to his once hated Jimmy and David Boreanaz, who takes his Angelus persona from Buffy and Angel and gives it a heartbeat(fans of those series will know what I mean). So far, my review on this film is a better read than watching the film. So here is my score on this piece of filth 2 out of 10(the 2 are for Boreanaz and Trejo).

He wasn't getting made up like the Crow...he was getting made up like a Scorpion...like Sting from WCW!

I used to work in a restaurant that shared a parking lot with a huge grocery store and a strip mall. I parked along the curb out of the way in a pretty central area. I got a ticket for parking in a fire lane. I called the lot manager and asked him what was up, he says, "yeah you're in a fire lane but he can't give you a ticket on my property."

So I didn't pay it.