What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have watched the director's cut of Alien, a week after watching the theatrical cut. Can't say I noticed much of a difference, save for a little more tension post-quarantine rule-breaking and the "KILL ME!" scene. Still a great film though. I'm quite tempted to invest in my own Alien/Predator boxset after me and my housemate part company in August.

Always heard good things, and this show lives up to them. Its rare to find something that feels so epic and so light all at once. Lotta fun so far.

How far in are you?

7 episodes in. After the opening its gone a little downhill due to the fairly cut and dried way the show presents and solves problems, I was expecting a more mature attitude originally. Still fun though.

Good. I mean, its charming but some of the situations and how they are resolved right now make it feel like a show for quite young kids. I've no problem with shows being suitable for that audiance but I like to think that a show can do that and still be interesting for adults. Like JLU.

I watched it, but I didn't enjoy it.

Drive-Thru (2007) As part of my group of friends tradition, we go and rent movies we've never heard of (mostly horror) and get uproariously drunk while we watch them. By far, by far, by far, this is the worst one. A fast food mascot called Horny the Clown murders teenagers to Speed Metal. The only upshot was a cameo from the SuperSize Me guy as a Hellaburger manager.

There was literally no ending, the movie just stopped.

Razzmatazz!

Your safe word?

(I'm hoping that I correctly got your reference otherwise I'm going to look really stupid. Well, more so than usual.)

Perhaps we watched different episodes of 30 Rock...

Drive-Thru (2007) As part of my group of friends tradition, we go and rent movies we've never heard of (mostly horror) and get uproariously drunk while we watch them. By far, by far, by far, this is the worst one. A fast food mascot called Horny the Clown murders teenagers to Speed Metal. The only upshot was a cameo from the SuperSize Me guy as a Hellaburger manager.

There was literally no ending, the movie just stopped.

Yeah, Drive-Thru sucks.

Inspired use of Sarah MacLaughlin in this weeks 30 Rock. Gains my Laugh of the week award.

This weekend I will watch Starship Troopers, Robocop, and Robocop 2. And if I can squeeze it in, I'll also watch Return of the Living Dead.

Best. Movie. Weekend. Ever!

Considering back-to-backing The Princess and the Frog and something else tomorrow. Either Youth in Revolt, Edge of Darkness or The Wolfman I think. We'll see. Might just wind up watching Zatoichi and Fist of Fury instead. Need some hardcore relaxation prior to going out.

Razzmatazz!

Your safe word?

(I'm hoping that I correctly got your reference otherwise I'm going to look really stupid. Well, more so than usual.)

Perhaps we watched different episodes of 30 Rock...

D'oh, missed that line. I thought of a SNL sketch (coincidentally with Tina Fey) with a bunch of people at a key party and they went around and said their safewords and the one I can remember outside of Tina Fey's (Popcorn.) was Razzmatazz.

Good. I mean, its charming but some of the situations and how they are resolved right now make it feel like a show for quite young kids. I've no problem with shows being suitable for that audiance but I like to think that a show can do that and still be interesting for adults. Like JLU.

It really gets good in the 2nd season. The 2nd-season finale is Empire Strikes Back-level drama.