What's hurting Game Cube sales the most?

Mr. Keith

What's hurting Game Cube sales the most?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not to mention the fact that they haven't come up with an original idea for a potential breakthrough title in about 10,000,000 years. Everything they have is rehashes of prior big-name Nintendo titles. Mario, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, etc., etc., etc. Not to say that those games are bad because they aren't at all. However, they need to come up with something new and not just come out with a different Zelda game every two years.

I own a GameCube, but I have one game. ONE. Super Smash Bros. Melee. That's it.

Not to mention the fact that they haven't come up with an original idea for a potential breakthrough title in about 10,000,000 years. Everything they have is rehashes of prior big-name Nintendo titles. Mario, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, etc., etc., etc. Not to say that those games are bad because they aren't at all. However, they need to come up with something new and not just come out with a different Zelda game every two years.

Do games like Pikmin and Animal Crossing not exist in this world or something? Sure, they didn't sell millions, but you can't expect them to make a break through game all the time. Especially when the company is making so many seqeuls to other games and sub games to almost all of their franchises as it is*With an exception to SSBM, of course <_< *.

I'll say Online mode for me. That's the one thing which is causing me to wanna get more PS2 games at the moment. Just the idea of playing Resident Evil, WWE and MortallKombat Online is way too tempting of an offer to pass up.

There are several quality games on the 'Cube, just not enough. Not enough at all. Nintendo are slowly losing their grip on reality, appealing to a Japanese market that's in decline, trying to give off a kiddy image, yet relying on nostalgia to keep sales up. I mean, you can't be kiddy and appeal to the ones who grew up with you. The new Zelda game seems to show a little understanding of this fact, but it's too little, too late. Even kids have more refined tastes nowadays.

The guys just don't have a clue anymore. Deriding things like GTA as a "dead end street". Lashing out at more successful franchises is pathetic. I think Vince McMahon must be running things now, because Ninty is flailing like a fish in a pan right now.

So yeah, it's generally their mass of contradictions, lack of direction, and simply not enough appeal that's screwing them over. They won't even have the handheld market to fall back on soon. Complacent bastards.

I dunno if they're gonna lose portable martket just yet. True, Sony usually doesn't show off their best titles until later in the year. But they at least should've shown something that has the potential of being ground breaking on the PSP, and that hasn't happened yet. Not to mention companys like Square-Enix and a bunch of others are showing that they'll support Nintendo in the hand held martket a whole lot more then the console one.

Can't quite argue your other points, though.

Not to mention the fact that they haven't come up with an original idea for a potential breakthrough title in about 10,000,000 years.  Everything they have is rehashes of prior big-name Nintendo titles.  Mario, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, etc., etc., etc.  Not to say that those games are bad because they aren't at all.  However, they need to come up with something new and not just come out with a different Zelda game every two years.

Do games like Pikmin and Animal Crossing not exist in this world or something?

And Pokemon, and Custom Robo.

Custom Robo was hit or miss, though. For me it was miss.

I really like the gamecube games I have, (about a dozen) it's just that 12 exclusive games that rule is not enough in 3 years.

Lack of Online titles

Probably more of a problem now than it was a few years ago, since online games have really taken off. If the next Nintendo console doesn't have that option, it may very well be their Dreamcast.....

Lack of third party exclusive

This would be my choice and yet it's not really intentional on Nintendo's part rather than the developer's recognising a lack of capabilities on the Gamecube. Viewtiful Joe was a major thing for them, and then it gets made for PS2 :grumble:

Nintendos kiddie image

For teen gamers who don't appreciate N's history, perhaps, but it's not really that big a deal.

No GTA or Halo

Halo is massively overrated. GTA would be great for N's fortune tho'. Basically, N needs it's own kind of GTA/Halo to reassert itself because Metroid doesn't seem to count....

PS2 and X-Box are just much better

Not really, they just have more going for them

Can't watch DVD's or listen to music on it

That's something that always puzzled me about the GC, that it was disk based but couldn't acomodate normal sized disks.

Really, it's a combined set of problems. Nintendo may just drop out of the home consoles market to solely focus on handhelds if the next one fails to address these problems so the future's not that bleak....

I don't think online has anything to do with it... yet. Playstation is still doing well and I really don't think online has anything to do with it. I never hear anyone talk about Playstation online, I only hear about X-Box online. Also, going online would be near impossible for Nintendo because it will cost them too much. X-box runs at a loss. So Nintendo should either strike up a deal with some server providers or come up with something that could be the next big thing.

I understand that and really don't want them to go all out on the Online thing like X-Box or Playstation 2. I just don't understand why they never really tested the waters with one or two of their franchise titles, and I know of a lot of people who got really POed about it. Just a couple of other choices besides Phantasy Star Online would work, it doesn't have to be a hundred.

And yeah, X-Box has the more important Online service and hugest selection. Doesn't change the fact that most of the games I want to play Online are on the PS2. :evil:

• 3 weeks later...