The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit. All Stan did was give Ditko a plot and he had to create a 21 page story out of it. Think of all the character designs and villain costumes that Ditko came up with, most of which lasted for decades and have become iconic to the characters. Eventually, Ditko did the plotting and the drawing of the stories. He had as much to do with shaping Spider-Man's universe as Stan Lee did.

Bullshit. All Stan did was give Ditko a plot and he had to create a 21 page story out of it. Think of all the character designs and villain costumes that Ditko came up with, most of which lasted for decades and became iconic to the characters. Eventually, Ditko did the plotting and the drawing of the story. He had as much to do with shaping Spider-Man's universe as Stan Lee did.

If I'm not mistaken, though, the entire concept of the character of Peter Parker, including his personality and powers, were created by Lee.

Though that may just be Lee talking his work up a little too much; I don't know.

Compare the stories with art by Ditko with those with art by John Romita Sr. There's a clear tonal difference between them, with Romita Sr.'s skewing more towards soap opera in fitting with his style. Just look at Gwen Stacy. In Ditko's stories, she was determined, confidant, and a bit of a bitch. The Romita Sr. Gwen became much more doting and emotional, almost a complete 180 from how she was originally portrayed. The artist has as much influence on the story as the words of the writer do.

I just got back from the local 7-11, and Vanilla Coke has been discontinued. :cry:

Yeah, they discontinued those a while ago. Probably shouldn't have still been drinking those.

Haven't had one in a long time, I had a craving for one though and was rather disappointed. Mountain Dew however, has 5 different varieties...