How often do you use your console(s)?

Doug

How do you use your console(s)  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever since I lost the ability to waste time on the internet, I've been dropping a good 5 hours or so a day, and finishing a lot of games that I never got around to before, so yeah, a lot.

In order of most frequent use:

PS2

Dreamcast

Saturn

XBox

SNES

The rest I only use once in a blue moon. When I had a 360, it was used almost as much as the PS2. If just playing music counts, I use my PSP more than all the others combined.

I play my consoles when I have good games to play that haven't gone stale on me.

Which isn't all that often.

Also, my seventeen-year-old TV can't show the HD-reliant 360 games, so I can't play the games that are text-heavy or need a great degree of detail.

Which is why Dead rising was never great to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I was prepared to spend a few hours gaming last night, after I went to the store and bought a used game yesterday. I'm going to take it back and get a refund, and I haven't even bothered playing it. The game is a "demo disc." Um, I want the full game, please.

D'oh!

Mistakes happen. I do want my money back though. :laugh:

Can shops even sell demo discs?

They're not supposed to, but what often happens is that a customer will take advantage of lazy game store employees and trade in a demo disc, pretending it's the full game. Said employee, simply looking at the game title and not the giant "RP-Rating Pending" symbol, or the "this is a demo disc" text, and give them the credit of the actual game for the trade in.

People try it more than you'd think.

Can shops even sell demo discs?

They're not supposed to, but what often happens is that a customer will take advantage of lazy game store employees and trade in a demo disc, pretending it's the full game. Said employee, simply looking at the game title and not the giant "RP-Rating Pending" symbol, or the "this is a demo disc" text, and give them the credit of the actual game for the trade in.

People try it more than you'd think.

Truthfully, I don't think that there's anything saying that Gamestop and the rest can't sell used game demos; they just usually don't. I think it's a store policy that they don't take them, but yeah, sometimes they slip in. As long as they're not "officially" allowed to be bought/sold, then GS and the rest can stay on good terms with the big three companies.

Yeah, it's against store policy. There are actually SKUs for certain more popular demos, but more often than not, they don't take them.

As for legality, that's never really stopped them before.

They're not supposed to, but what often happens is that a customer will take advantage of lazy game store employees and trade in a demo disc, pretending it's the full game.

I was told they got it from "corporate." Given how things can slip through the cracks with large corporations, it wouldn't surprise me. But somehow I doubt it.

Even if the store got cheated, they messed up a second time because the discs are kept in a large drawer, and the boxes on the shelf. They had to pull the disc and put it in the box, and didn't see the big "RP" on the disc. I didn't notice it until I get home.

It doesn't matter. Mistakes get made. No harm done.