What do you want from E2 in 2010?

Missy

Looking ahead, I want to make the video game section a top priority in the coming year, and I want to slowly push movie and anime / manga reviews. Beyond that, I have a few other ideas that I'm not yet prepared to mention. But what would you like to see Earth-2.net cover or change in 2010? This goes for the podcasts, too; do you have an idea for a new show or segment?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been meaning to do the occasional manga review. I’ve read a bunch this year, but I never got around to reviewing any of it.

And I am kind of interested in doing a videogame podcast somewhere down the line, although not by myself. But the podcast section of the website is so massive at this point. I'm not sure if you guys need another one.

Aaron: I too want a video game podcast on Earth-2.net. And as I've said before, I want a podcast for every day of the week. Currently we have three Thursdays every month that run without podcasts, and once FYEO ends in the middle of the year, every Thursday will open up. Also, come February 2011, WFP will end, leaving every other Wednesday open. So I would like to fill those slots, and maybe a video game show is what will end up there.

Erin: I think a monthly book review -- or even a round-table discussion -- would fit nicely on the site.

Mike and Des reviewing the rest of Countdown. ^_^

In 2010 I aim to ban more people. ;)

Other than that, if more reviews are going to be on the site, I would love for the earlier suggestion of chronological ordering instead of alphabetical to be added?

Why chronological?

The return of the forum tournaments.

This whole "what do you want in 2010" idea popped into my head because I want to bring the tournaments back early next year.

Staff page.

At this point I just have to upload the bios. Well, and still receive a few more. <_<

For anime stuff, I'd be more than happy to contribute more (I don't know if you got some of the stuff I've been sending, if you haven't, apologies for my fail). Also, in terms of cons, I'd still be open to covering ACen 2010 (and to drag you along to prove it's gotten better :P).

For videogames, my life will be freeing up siginificantly these next few terms, would be happy to do some reviews. (Also, just want to put this out there; if I get accepted to my study abroad program, I will be in Tokyo at the time of the Tokyo Game Show. :D)

More episodes of Mike and Niki, even if they're the awesome shoot the shit episodes rather than a topic episode. Mind you I shouldn't be pressing that since I still haven't finished "Electric Kool-Aid." Mind you, I know Niki is busy with gad school and all that so it's all understandable.

As an idea for a podcast to fill some of the spare areas, a Disney Animated Film themed podcast was suggested over in the After WFB thread. I'm sure Mike would have no trouble finding someone on the board who knows a fair amount about the films to co-host/ask to record it for the site.

Other than that, hope that the site continues to be awesome. Also, having read some of the tourney threads, I look forward to being around for one.

More episodes of Mike and Niki, even if they're the awesome shoot the shit episodes rather than a topic episode. Mind you I shouldn't be pressing that since I still haven't finished "Electric Kool-Aid." Mind you, I know Niki is busy with gad school and all that so it's all understandable.

We both feel real bad that the show fell to the wayside, and we hope to record a few episodes over the upcoming semester break.

Pulling the curtain back a little, Niki actually wanted to record one the other night, but I had just finished recording an episode of Earth-2.net: The Show with Des, and it was 1:30a. So I had to turn her down.

As an idea for a podcast to fill some of the spare areas, a Disney Animated Film themed podcast was suggested over in the After WFB thread. I'm sure Mike would have no trouble finding someone on the board who knows a fair amount about the films to co-host/ask to record it for the site.

I could see something like that being a monthly show, not unlike FYEO.

I'd like to see more "shoot-the-shit" episodes, but about more than just comics.

Once Niki and I get MAP back on track, I think that will be the show for non-comic "shoot the shit" topics

How about you retcon everything Earth-2.net has ever reviewed, then start over. :evil:

Though there are a few things I wouldn't mind redoing, but no one is going to be punching the walls of reality any time soon. :P

How about you retcon everything Earth-2.net has ever reviewed, then start over. :evil:

Though there are a few things I wouldn't mind redoing, but no one is going to be punching the walls of reality any time soon. :P

We should all keep an eye on Preston just in case.