The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really liked the latest issue of Wolverine, in particular a short exchange between two of the villains- "You have to understand sir. Captain America rising from the dead is a very potent myth for Americans", "Well he's not coming back this time Tobias".

Its was pretty cool how they set that up in the book too, Red Skull personally killing Bucky as Captain America amongst the ruins of the Capitol. I thought it might have been Steve Rogers in the updated uniform but he had brown eyes, not blue. Interestingly Skull's eyes change from blue to brown due to a colouring error at one point.

The whole look of Skull in the outfit with his trophy room is awesome though, I like that he got a high billing as a villain in this project, higher than anyone else we would recognise to this point.

Why is it that everything I've loooked at with Rucka as the writer/co-writer(minus 52) just blah?

Because you're getting better taste?

Read walking dead 48. Damn.

The next few issues should have you crumbling into a shell of a man. it's glorious.

Yay!

The next few issues should have you crumbling into a shell of a man. it's glorious.

Yeah, I hope to get volume 9 in a few days.

I couldn't put down volume 8 when I got it, and the way they went back and explained how that person showed up was great.

Why is it that everything I've loooked at with Rucka as the writer/co-writer(minus 52) just blah?

Ahem. There is plenty of great Rucka material. Queen & Country is good, as was a lot of the Batman stuff he's done. His co-plotting stuff with Brubaker on Gotham Central & Daredevil has been excellent.

Ahem. There is plenty of great Rucka material. Queen & Country is good, as was a lot of the Batman stuff he's done.

Batman death and the maidens.

What a boring story, I picked it up because it was the end of Ra's Al Ghul, well thats what it SAID it was. I read it and it was some crap about Talia and Bruce and oh by the way Ra's is dead....

Superman: Ruin revealed.

I read this in a library and thank god I didn't.

The whole story is who is ruin and frankly I couldn't care who it was, or wasn't.

The whole thing was a poor mans Hush. Rucka must have known this and knew no one would read it as it just was blah.

I haven't read his Gotham Central stuff, but that was Rucka with someone else, not on his own. Rucka with someone else it seems gives him reason to actually write and have a point and be entertaining, Rucka alone is dull.

Also, I'm getting the first issue and nothing else of Detective comics, so someone who will be reading it monthly, please let me know how it is.

The first issue was 99cents at DCBS and I am not paying £3 for an issue of a comic written by someone i don't really like and being told "Oh, your paying for this co-feature to"

Still better than nothing, and books costing $3.99 or £3.

Random but:

Will DC publish the return of Bruce Wayne by Paul Dini as a trade, as in both Sirens and Streets in one nice book without ads?

Just wondering as I want to read it, but would prefer if it was a trade and I know this is months down the line.

Also, Preston thoughts on

Hush pretending to be Bruce and getting away with it.

Random but:

Will DC publish the return of Bruce Wayne by Paul Dini as a trade, as in both Sirens and Streets in one nice book without ads?

Just wondering as I want to read it, but would prefer if it was a trade and I know this is months down the line.

Also, Preston thoughts on

Hush pretending to be Bruce and getting away with it.

In short: I fucking LOVE it.

In long:

It makes perfect sense, it's a great purpose for one of my favorite Bat-Villians and it protects Bruce's identity, which is so... devastatingly wicked and I just... love Hush so fucking much.

Just grabbed the latest issue of GL Corps and moley holy! If the cover is any indication, Arisia brings a yellow son to Daxam to foster an uprising against the Yellow Lanterns now using it as a home base.

!

For those that don't know, Daxam is a colony of Krypton. Yellow sons...yeah, you get it.

So, I looked at my comic collection, and realised I haven't re-read most of my trades in ages, and will probably not read many of them again (I tried reading Hush earlier today) so I'm thinking of putting a bunch of them on eBay.

Does anyone have any advice for pricing, and how to list the comics. Mostly it will be my Batman trades, and some punisher trades, such as Punisher war journal and the Garth Ennis run.

I'm thinking I could post them for £5 each? And try and offer deals like buy 2 for 8, 3 for 12/10.

Want to know what would be awesome?

If Tiny Titans had a tie-in to blackest night.

What would happen is Terra scrapes her knee and crys in pain, she then meets Black hand who offers a her a lolly and a ring to take away the pain from her knee, she takes it and becomes a black lantern, who is just plain mean to the other titans.

Awwee yeah Blackest night!

So to coincide with Marvel and DC upping prices to $3.99 my ex-local comic shop has decided to up their prices too.

Now $2.99 books cost £2.45 instead of £2.35 and $3.99 books cost £3.30 instead of £3.

It's not a big price jump, but the books have the same price tag and are the exact same as the ones they sold the previous month.

Thank god, I made the switch to DCBS.