Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that the latest issue of Witchblade is probably the most visually complex of the War of the Witchblades storyline that I've seen, and the brief look I had through has absolutely sold me on buying the trade. This is the first book since Arkham Asylum that I've bought PURELY on the merits of the art. Its stunning, there's a two page spread in the middle that needs to be a big freakin' poster on my wall.

Yup. I mean what do you call that? Is it comic-book art? Not by normal standards its not, its art exhibition quality, its cover art to a book with a more conventional art style inside. I can find 10 example of work in that book that genuinely astounded me. The reveal of the dark witchblade and her pets, the final three panels of Danielle in the issue (especially the final one), its just amazing, especially in this issue with the complete witchblade-armour style forming significant portions of the backdrop as well.

Its cracking work, and its a big tick in the buy column from me.

Oh, and when I say I'm buying it purely for the art, that's not a strike against Marz. I've liked what I've read of the overall storyline as well, that's a contributing factor to me checking out the book more recently, its just that with this art Vince Russo or Dan Brown could be writing and I'd still being laying down my cash.