The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the Doom deal is either being ignored completly or at least until the end of the Cabal storyline. Doom in Thor is still Doom, and I guess he will remain so until the Asgardians in Latveria storyline is resolved. I don't blame MJS for this, he probably had the whole thing planned out for ages and agreed to fit with Cabal and Bendis' plans. Cool as the Master of Doom storyline was it was poorly timed, they should have pushed it back until a more suitable time, even if the creive team wouldn't have been around to write it. Or they could have at least made reference to the wider Marvel U in order to place it a couple of months ahead of the rest.

I went to a comic fair thing today in Glasgow, and spent a lot less than I was expecting, I spent about £18 and I got:

Batman: A lonely place of dying book

Batman and Judge Dredd signed (The guy said it hasn't be proven if it was the actual writers and artists who signed it)

Batman: Year 2 trade

Bone volume 1

Bone volume 2

Issue 66 of JSA

Plastic Man issue 7 by Scott Morse

Batman Broken City part 6

2 packs of random comics in a 10 for £1 grab bag (I just opened the packs, seem to be mostly bland books, but you can't go round for 10p a book.)

Crisis on Infinite earths issue 12

Not bad for 18 quid I think.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend! I'm just always a little surprised when I see people continue to collect comics that they hate, and it seems that's not even the case.

That's the thing though, I was reading outsiders for months before I actually got up the courage to say "Why the fuck am I reading this!?" it just becomes natural to pick up the latest issue of something sometimes.

The latest issue of Batman and Robin felt so shit to me, with shit art and one panel that made Dick look like a 30 year old Japanese guy from an Anime, and Damien look like a 70 year old Chinese woman.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend! I'm just always a little surprised when I see people continue to collect comics that they hate, and it seems that's not even the case.

That's the thing though, I was reading outsiders for months before I actually got up the courage to say "Why the fuck am I reading this!?" it just becomes natural to pick up the latest issue of something sometimes.

The latest issue of Batman and Robin felt so shit to me, with shit art and one panel that made Dick look like a 30 year old Japanese guy from an Anime, and Damien look like a 70 year old Chinese woman.

YES! I could barely read it.

YES! I could barely read it.

Yeah, if the next issue isn't any better, I'm dropping the book.

Started reading a Judge Dredd/Batman crossover, the best thing about the book is that it makes Scarecrow a real freaking bad ass.