The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

The gore doesn't bother me but,

Roy losing his arm kinda pisses me off. And just in general, maiming and killing off these characters that we're supposed to like is the problem. I like Roy. I've seen him beat a heroin addiction, raise a kid as a single father, ride high with the Titans, and now, that he's finally in the JLA, become an equal to Ollie. And having Captain Fucking Marvel being the guy to rip his arm off is whole 'nother level of fucked up.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roy losing his arm kinda pisses me off. And just in general, maiming and killing off these characters that we're supposed to like is the problem. I like Roy. I've seen him beat a heroin addiction, raise a kid as a single father, ride high with the Titans, and now, that he's finally in the JLA, become an equal to Ollie. And having Captain Fucking Marvel being the guy to rip his arm off is whole 'nother level of fucked up.

I agree with all of this, wholeheartedly.

The gore doesn't bother me but,

Explain.

Spoiler tags aren't working for me right now, so I can't say, but what!?

I've decided to become Superboy Prime's biggest fan.

I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with the character if not for Countdown. He made for a good, if vaguely whiny, villain in Infinite Crisis. He wasn't too bad in Sinestro Corps War. He did still get on my nerves in Legion of Three Earths but that might also be because it was coming off of Countdown and he was surrounded by better villains. I actually was digging him in the recent issue of Adventure Comics. So, I'd have to say I don't mind Superbitch Prime as much when it's Geoff Johns writing him. So, Preston, good luck with your bid to become his biggest fan. I'm sure there will be little competeition.

I've decided to become Superboy Prime's biggest fan.

I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with the character if not for Countdown. He made for a good, if vaguely whiny, villain in Infinite Crisis. He wasn't too bad in Sinestro Corps War. He did still get on my nerves in Legion of Three Earths but that might also be because it was coming off of Countdown and he was surrounded by better villains. I actually was digging him in the recent issue of Adventure Comics. So, I'd have to say I don't mind Superbitch Prime as much when it's Geoff Johns writing him. So, Preston, good luck with your bid to become his biggest fan. I'm sure there will be little competeition.

This. Though I haven't read 3 Worlds.

After re-watching Justice League: The New Frontier something dawned on me: Hal was brought to his ring / Abin Sur, yet all of the other rings fly off to their new bearers. Why is that; why was Hal the only (?) one who was ever transported to his ring?

Abin Sur wasn't dead at the time, he used the ring to bring Hal there. Automatic ring assignment happens when the bearer dies unexpectedly.

After re-watching Justice League: The New Frontier something dawned on me: Hal was brought to his ring / Abin Sur, yet all of the other rings fly off to their new bearers. Why is that; why was Hal the only (?) one who was ever transported to his ring?

Abin Sur wasn't dead at the time, he used the ring to bring Hal there. Automatic ring assignment happens when the bearer dies unexpectedly.

But what I'm asking is, has that happened before or since?

But what I'm asking is, has that happened before or since?

When Guy was introduced? Didn't he get called to that same ring to?

I don't think it's happened since, as most people are killed in battle now, also, Abin was an expert in his field as a green lantern, and like cops they are killed quickly, not slow and painfully like Abin was.