A look at 2005

Missy

Which one has you the most excited?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of the five comic book movies listed above (all of which are due out in 2005), which one has you the most excited?

I assume Batman will run away with this poll, but Sin City is the one that has me shaking with anticipation. Everything from the clip to the trailer to the posters to the cast to the writer/director has me drooling with gleeful anticipation. And, truth be told, this is the first movie I've ever wanted to bootleg. I would seriously pay a hefty price to get my paws on a copy this very instant.

This is a nightmare choice. Sin City looks OFF THE HOOK and has a cast to back it up. Batman Begins though... First person to tell me what to vote between those two will decide it for me.

The answer is Sin City. We've been disappointed by Batman before, and Warner Bros. doesn't have the best track record when it comes to its comic book properties. One look at the last two Superman and Batman films, as well as Catwoman and the upcoming Constantine clearly demonstrate this fact. Now, that's not to say Batman Begins will disappoint, but our hopes shouldn't be as high as they are.

Whereas Sin City looks intense, the creator of the series is directly involved, Robert Rodriguez went out on a very long limb to convince Miller to let him make it, and spent his own money to adapt the series. Additionally, Rodriguez is a huge comic book fanboy that knows he will be murdered by geeks more rabid than him if this blows. There is absolutely no way Sin City will be anything but awesome.

This is a nightmare choice.  Sin City looks OFF THE HOOK and has a cast to back it up.  Batman Begins though... First person to tell me what to vote between those two will decide it for me.

The answer is Sin City. We've been disappointed by Batman before, and Warner Bros. doesn't have the best track record when it comes to its comic book properties. One look at the last two Superman and Batman films, as well as Catwoman and the upcoming Constantine clearly demonstrate this fact. Now, that's not to say Batman Begins will disappoint, but our hopes shouldn't be as high as they are.

Whereas Sin City looks intense, the creator of the series is directly involved, Robert Rodriguez went out on a very long limb to convince Miller to let him make it, and spent his own money to adapt the series. Additionally, Rodriguez is a huge comic book fanboy that knows he will be murdered by geeks more rabid than him if this blows. There is absolutely no way Sin City will be anything but awesome.

I vote for Sin City then.

EDIT: And who voted for Elektra? Come on now...