True Grit Remake

ShaunKL

It's the Coen Bros, so that's a plus (although only every other one of the films is genuinely great). The cast looks superb too, Jeff Bridges looks badass at points in that trailer. Damon and Brolin are always watchable too.

I'll give it a shot. I'll try anything to do with modern westerns, it's so rare that they're bad. In fact, I can't name a bad western from the last 20 years.

I'll give it a shot. I'll try anything to do with modern westerns, it's so rare that they're bad. In fact, I can't name a bad western from the last 20 years.

What did you think of The Quick and The Dead? It can be quite divisive but I remember liking it when I saw it on Canadian TV some 6 years ago.

What did you think of The Quick and The Dead? It can be quite divisive but I remember liking it when I saw it on Canadian TV some 6 years ago.

It's a really nice little Spaghetti Western with a sweet cast. Hackman, Crowe, DiCaprio, it's all good. Not mad-keen on Sharon Stone but she does ok. Raimi is clearly just having a ball with the whole thing.

I mean, I know that last 20 years means there's only been about 10 westerns but I seriously can't think of a bad one. 3:10 to Yuma. Open Range. Unforgiven. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (and it's all time great soundtrack). It seems like everyone who can actually get one made knows exactly what they're doing.

I keep meaning to watch my copy of The Proposition too, looking forward to that one. Not least because it's the same guys doing that soundtrack. Need to see Tombstone too.

As the resident Duke fanatic on the forums, I was originally really fucking pissed when this was announced. But then, every step since then has been perfect. The casting news was all great, the trailer only solidified the fact that this is going to be a totally different film. Is it going to be odd seeing the Dude as Rooster Cogburn? Yes, but I can get over it. The original film is one of my all time favorites, and good or bad, this is going to do nothing to change that. I trust the Coens, so I'll say it: I'm excited for this one.

On the note of "The Quick and The Dead", I love it. But, it's a Sam Raimi directed western, so I was pretty much sold from the get-go.

Also of note: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!