Every comic you've read in 2011

Missy

FP: Abin Sur #1: Was alright. Not great, looked nice, and the next issue should be a lot more interesting.

FP: Batman #1: Hated it. It wasn't anywhere near as interesting as I was hoping, and sort of dragged.

FP: Secret Seven #1: I have no clue what happened in this comic.

FP: The World of Flashpoint#1: Nice to see what was going on in the Flashpoint Universe, and seeing things from normal, non superheroes perspective.

Secret Six #34: Crap. Simone had an interesting idea with Scandal's girlfriends ex trying to "Break the gay" in her, but then, she says "You know what? I quite like writing this shite dialogue with Ragdoll...I'll just say, the Six find him in three pages and kill him! Job done!" What was once one of my favourite books every month, has now became a joke. When this book ends, I don't think I'll be planning on reading anything Gail Simone writes ever again.

Batman and Robin #24: Was disappointing, like the first issue. The only thing this comic made me want to do, was pick up the Under the Red Hood trade when it is released, and read a Jason Todd, Red Hood story that I really like.

Booster Gold #45: 44 and 45 would have made a perfectly good single issue, but because they stretched this one issue thing out over two issues, it's a sort of waste of time.

FP: Aquaman: It didn't make any sense to me. I generally like Tony Bedards work, but this, this sucked.

FP: Citizen Cold: I'm starting to like Scott Kolins new style. So far, my favourite of the Flashpoint tie ins, because it was different, and Citizen Cold is awesome.

Red Robin #24: Maybe it's knowing this book won't matter in three months, as it's all going to be wiped, but I just didn't care about this. Art was fine, writing was alright, but just knowing none of this will have anything to do with the continuing story of Tim Drake, made this, and the ending, fall flat to me.

Titans #36: The art is usually the selling point for this book to me. Then Phillip Tan was brought in for half the book, and now the regular artist seems to have to rush his work to get it out on time, now that he has the full book. This isn't the best book ever, but I sort of guiltily enjoy it every month. But this month, it just wasn't clicking, the ending peaked my interest though.

Trades: 6

HC:0

Comics: 99

GN:0

Omnibus: 1

Alien VS Predator Volume 1 Omnibus. Tiny Titans #35, Brightest Day #17, Shazam: Monster Society of Evil TPB. Red Robin #19, Titans #31, Batman #706, Streets of Gotham #19, Brightest Day #18, Brave and Bold #33. Batman Beyond #1. Detective Comics #891, Detective Comics #892, Detective Comics #893. Action Comics #897, Shazam 1 shot. JL: Generation Lost 19, Secret Six #30, Red Robin #20, TMVP #6. Flash #9, Batman and Robin #20, Titans #32. Batman: Dark Knight #1. Green lantern #62, Green Lantern Corps #57, Brightest Day #20. Justice League International volumes 1-3. Teen Titans #92, Action Comics #898, JL:Generation Lost #20. Brightest Day #20, Green Lantern #63. The Crow TPB. Green Lantern: Rebirth #1, Batman and Robin #21, JL: Generation Lost #21 Batman Inc #3, Titans #33. Brightest Day #22, Red Robin #21, Secret Six #31. Green Lantern #64, GLC #58, Batman Inc #4. JL: Generation Lost #22, Batman: Streets of Gotham #22, Action Comics #899, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #155, Detective Comics #875, DC Universe Legacies #9-10. Fear Itself #1, Brightest Day #23. Red Robin #22, Ultimate Spider-Man #156, The Flash #10, JL: Generation Lost #23, COIE #12, All Star Comics #3, Legion of Superheroes #300, Batman and Robin #22. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #3, Deathstroke #3. Red Robin #22, Green Lantern #65, Green Lantern Corps #59. Action Comics #900, Batman Inc #5, Brightest Day #24, Detective Comics #876, The Flash #11, GL: Emerald Warriors #9, JL: Generation Lost #24, Secret Six #32. Ultimatum. Fear Itself #2. The Flash #12, Flashpoint #1, Secret Six #33, Batman Inc #3, Red Robin #23, Titans #35. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #4, Ultimate Spider-Man #158, Batman and Robin #23, Booster Gold #44, Batman: Gates of Gotham #1. Action Comics #901, Detective Comics #877, Green Lantern #66, Green Lantern Corps #60, GL:Emerald Warrior #10, Batman #710, Flashpoint #2. FP #1's: Aquaman, Abin Sur, Citizen Cold, Secret Seven, Batman. Secret Six #34, Booster Gold #45, Batman and Robin #24, Red Robin #24, Titans #36

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloodstone #1-4: Abnett and Lanning craft the best story I've ever read of theirs. It's light, cute, funny and pulpy. I enjoyed it a ot. As far as the art goes, it is uber-cheesecake. I felt weird for the first issue or two before it is revealed she is 19, which is a little better. But damn, he likes drawing side boob and cleavage big time. Interesting that this is one of the characters Ellis picked up on for Nextwave. I'm trying to think of where she pops up between here and there but can't come up with anything. Must have beena fan of cheesecake. :)

Kirby Genesis #0: I have to admit, and it's only a zero issue, but I'm pretty stoked for this series. Busiek gets it. The art is fantastic. I'm in. I have the first issue coming too and will be buying the trade after that. I can almost guarantee it.

Batman Inc. #6: I loved Morrison's writing on this. He is as clear in his direction of Batman as he has ever been. It's sharp, funny, intriguing and tense. The management and broad direction of Batman Incorporated is pretty awesome. This issue would be perfect expect for the art. Burnham...what the hell? I'm sorry, but this guy needs a couple years on indie stuff cutting teeth before he can play with the big boys. He drew issue four and I remember liking it but this issue was awful inconsistent and awfully cartoony where it shouldn't have been. The tone of this book is not suitable for his art. Maybe another, I'll say it, lesser book at DC but not this one. The news that he is drawing the rebooted Batman Inc. and that makes me not want to buy it. I'm not coming this far though and missing out on the last arc of Morrison's run. I just hope Burnham steps up his game because he needs to. Story 10/10. Art 3/10

Comics:554

Trades: 18

Graphic Novels: 1

Omnibuses: 5

Nine times out of ten we're on the same page, but I have to disagree with you on Burnham's art. I'll agree with you about it not being at the same level as his art on issue 4, but then again, it's hard to top pulling off three different art styles flawlessly. I love Burnham's art. I don't think he's at the level quite yet of Quitely or Darrow, but his work has the same sensibility. The cartooniness worked for me, particularly in Bruce in public at the beginning as he's always had that playboy side. Then you get to that scene between Gordon and the Bat-Family, and there's a clear difference when Bruce is Batman. So yeah, Burnham on Batman, Inc. when it comes back was the best news I could have hoped for.

Thor Giant-Size Finale: The culmination of JMS' run on Thor, which I may need to find the trades for. Has one of my favorite Volstagg moments ever, Bill, son of Bills and Kelda being totally badass, and Doom being, well, motherfuckin' Doom.

Alpha Flight .1: Good introduction and setup for what will be happening in the Fear Itself miniseries, and something I can't wait for, pretty much. Next week, baby!

Criminal: Last of the Innocent #1: Holy shit. If you buy no other creator-owned comic this year, get this one. Wonderful comibination of noir combined with childhood longing and an amazing parody of Archie. This is basically what happened if Archie grew up, went into the big city, and actually faced the real world. Can't wait for the next one.

Comics: 21

Trades: 2

Journey into Mystery #623: Ah, yes, this is what I was missing in the last two bits, makes far more sense with this. Also, again, fuck yeah Loki and Volstagg. "Does Loki cry?" "But for a moment."

Alpha Flight #1: Good setup fight against that one serpent guy from Atlantis or something, I honestly couldn't tell you who, good way to introduce everyone and get the initial problems within and without the team set up. The book kicks it into high gear with the last ten pages or so and the declaration that Unity makes. Chilling. Can't wait to see where they take the rest of this.

Comics: 23

Moon Knight Volume 1 #1-38: A little up and down from issue to issue but the Moench/Sienkewicz stuff is brilliant. Wonderful stuff. This was then what Daredevil was a few years ago, the most depressing book on earth. Good lord...

Comics:592

Chamber of Darkness #1-8: This is the definition of "mixed bag" but is definitely not a classic 70s Marvel Horror book. Let's just say that.

Tower of Shadows #1-9: The first 6 issues are some of the best horror comics ever made. Beautiful wortk by Steranko, Kirby, Colan, Ditko, BW Smith, Howard Chaykin, Wally Wood. Genius stuff. The last few issues have really bad opening stories of sword and sandal stuff by Wood with reprints from the Golden Age. Too bad.

Comics: 609

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to keep up on this:

Cap America #618: Pretty good. But still not going to miss this monthly.

GL #66, GLC #60, GL Emerald Warriors #10: Best monthly books from the big two. Hands down. Fuck this is good!

DC Comics Presents Son of Superman: bought this because of the JH Williams III art and it is spectacular. the story is pretty good and I love Elseworlds obviously. I have a little trouble buying the actions of the JLA going along with the fascist government like they do. Especially Bruce, but that's a niggle. Good stuff.

Savage Dragon #158-168: Wow. Let me preface this with the fact that SD is the ONLY comic I have read monthly since 1992 and I have always loved it. Even during the late nineties when I stopped reading comics. I never stopped DRagon. IT's as part of my comics experience as Kirby and Colan's best work. That said, this is the first time I've been ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY BLOWN THE HOLY FUCK AWAY!!! Larsen is the boldest creator probably in the history of comics. The master. Firstly, he pays off on a one-off vision that Wildstar (a Jerry Ordway creation) had almost 100 issues ago, and it now defines the comics. issues 165-168 literally blew my mind one after the other. I have to admit that I wasn'ty hot on Dragon's origin in SD #0 as it felt as though it was the only thing in Dragon history that seemed tacked on unnecessarily throwaway. WRONG! I take it all back. Holy shit, Larsen, you devilish bastard. Fuck the haters. This is the best comic on the racks.

Thunderbolts: Cage-The story and characters are brilliant. I hope that Parker can stick this for the long run instead of petering out so horribly like Atlas did. It became a shadow of itself in two trades. This one has a lot of promise. AND, John Walker is one badass amputee mofo! I am not the biggest fan of Kev Walker's art. Really. I can overlook it for the story for the time being. I'll grab the next trade.

Irredeemable vol. 6-I honestly have no clue where Waid is going with this and i love it. I have really warmed to Krause's art too. Good stuff.

Comics: 625

Trades: 20

Batman and Robin, Vol. 1 (#1-6): Broke my anti-Morrison embargo and picked this one up about a month ago. Very much a case of black and white: Ironically, I enjoyed the Frank Quitely-drawn issues a lot more than three illustrated by Philip Tan. Professor Pig is an interesting addition to the Batman rogues gallery, but my thoughts on Flamingo can best be summarized by what Damien says upon meeting him ("I was expecting menacing, not gay"). Curious to know what happens next, but neither of the next two volumes are in paperback yet.

Thor: The Mighty Avenger, Vol. 1: Every bit as fun and as awesome as Chris, Dan, and Mike said it was. The art looks like a mix between the styles of David Mazzucchelli and Darwyn Cooke, yet has a voice of its own. Have already picked up the second volume.

Ultimates, Vol. 1 (#1-6): Not the best thing I've read from Mark Millar, but still a solid if slow read. The team's battle with the Hulk is epic while Henry Pym does to his wife is harrowing and even more brutal. The incessant references to popular culture and public figures can be annoying and dated but a number are surprisingly prescient, such as Nick Fury expressing the desire to be played by Samuel L. Jackson. Currently midway through Volume 2.

Trade paperbacks: 7

Flashpoint: Deadman and the flying Graysons #1: Won't be reading issues 2 and 3.

FP: Reverse Flash: Everything you needed to know about this book, was revealed in The Flash #7 or 8 and Flash: Rebirth. Nothing new came out of this book.

Batman Inc #7: Alright, not great, felt like it was rewritten at the last minute. Looks alright, Burnham has done better in this series.

Detective Comics #878: Ending to this storyline was a letdown, but Snyder pulled it back with a bone-chilling ending, so overall good.

FP: Project Superman #1: Pretty bland. I'm getting a theme from these Flashpoint tie-ins, and theme is bland.

GL: Emerald Warriors #11: Revealed nothing about War of the Green Lanterns, but it did show one thing, Guy Gardner is a bad ass.

Comics: 105

Alien VS Predator Volume 1 Omnibus. Tiny Titans #35, Brightest Day #17, Shazam: Monster Society of Evil TPB. Red Robin #19, Titans #31, Batman #706, Streets of Gotham #19, Brightest Day #18, Brave and Bold #33. Batman Beyond #1. Detective Comics #891, Detective Comics #892, Detective Comics #893. Action Comics #897, Shazam 1 shot. JL: Generation Lost 19, Secret Six #30, Red Robin #20, TMVP #6. Flash #9, Batman and Robin #20, Titans #32. Batman: Dark Knight #1. Green lantern #62, Green Lantern Corps #57, Brightest Day #20. Justice League International volumes 1-3. Teen Titans #92, Action Comics #898, JL:Generation Lost #20. Brightest Day #20, Green Lantern #63. The Crow TPB. Green Lantern: Rebirth #1, Batman and Robin #21, JL: Generation Lost #21 Batman Inc #3, Titans #33. Brightest Day #22, Red Robin #21, Secret Six #31. Green Lantern #64, GLC #58, Batman Inc #4. JL: Generation Lost #22, Batman: Streets of Gotham #22, Action Comics #899, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #155, Detective Comics #875, DC Universe Legacies #9-10. Fear Itself #1, Brightest Day #23. Red Robin #22, Ultimate Spider-Man #156, The Flash #10, JL: Generation Lost #23, COIE #12, All Star Comics #3, Legion of Superheroes #300, Batman and Robin #22. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #3, Deathstroke #3. Red Robin #22, Green Lantern #65, Green Lantern Corps #59. Action Comics #900, Batman Inc #5, Brightest Day #24, Detective Comics #876, The Flash #11, GL: Emerald Warriors #9, JL: Generation Lost #24, Secret Six #32. Ultimatum. Fear Itself #2. The Flash #12, Flashpoint #1, Secret Six #33, Batman Inc #3, Red Robin #23, Titans #35. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #4, Ultimate Spider-Man #158, Batman and Robin #23, Booster Gold #44, Batman: Gates of Gotham #1. Action Comics #901, Detective Comics #877, Green Lantern #66, Green Lantern Corps #60, GL:Emerald Warrior #10, Batman #710, Flashpoint #2. FP #1's: Aquaman, Abin Sur, Citizen Cold, Secret Seven, Batman. Secret Six #34, Booster Gold #45, Batman and Robin #24, Red Robin #24, Titans #36. FP: Deadman #1, Reverse Flash #1, Batman Inc #7, Detective Comics #878, GL: Emerald Warrior #11

Fear Itself #4:

Yeah, it looks like they killed Bucky for realz. Also, are we sure that this is Norse mythos and not Greek mythos, with the usurping? Basically, Odin's the AllBastard, shit is fucked all over the world, Canada's waters are full of dead Atlanteans, and Tony looks to be making an interesting deal with the AllBastard.

Interesting issue, and it looks like next time's gonna be a motherfuckin' throw down.

Red Skull: Incarnate #1: PUPPIES. D: D: D: D: D:

In all seriousness, there's a really interesting visual motif going on, especially with brutal inhumanity, and the color red, and that alone makes me really interested in where the artists are going to take this. The actual story of this first issue is not something I'm partuclarly surprised about, in terms of something like this, but I'm interested to see the road it goes down.

Brutal orphanage, first brush with the Nazis, and then a lesson with the dogcatcher in how to suppress his humanity, all using puppies. I think you can guess what happens.

I do feel like Pak's letter in the back of the issue, while well intentioned, was a touch preachy.

Comics: 25

Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu #1-6-Fucking terrible. Their attempt to change the character post Moench was miserable.

Marc Spector: Moon Knight #1-60-Starts off great but falls apart near the end especially with the Infinity War stuff. Gah! Stephen PLatt drew 3 of the last 4 issues and I totally forgot about that guy. Wonder what he's up to now. If I ever meet him, I'm going to shake his hand. I sold a comic with his art Prophet #5 (?) for $150 bucks in the early nineties. Now it's in the 10 cent bins.

Moon KNight Special #1-MK and Shang-Chi in a shitty zany buddy comedy. Ugh.

MK Divided We Fall-I read this two days ago and have no recollection of it. Couldn't have been good.

Comics: 693

Alpha Flight #2: Holy everloving fuck. I think this might be the tie-in to follow, if you're following no other tie-ins from Fear Itself. Van Lente and Pak are going there.

Brainwashing, government takeovers, and crazy bitches, oh my.

Pick this up, seriously.

Journey Into Mystery #625: Wonderful wrapup to this leg of the journey, and Loki kicking ass and taking names as always and ever. It's a pretty fun issue, with, again, some great quotes. Interesting insight into what's going on in the main book towards the end, and Loki's pretty much going to kick all the asses, it looks like. Can't wait for next month's.

Comics: 27

New Warriors #1-75 and Annuals # 1-4: Quite possibly the most consistent series Marvel has released in my lifetime. The first 25 issues of Nicieza/Bagley are superhero comics magic. Perfection. It gets a little clunky artwise with Darick Robertson with the next 25 odd issues but the story there is solid. When Nicieza leaves around fifty and Skolnick takes over, the story gets shaky but finds its feet again soon. Patrick Zircher does a fine Bagley impression. The growth of the characters through this series is unmatched in Big Two continuity. No argument there. I stopped reading around the 40 issue mark originally so looking back at those is refreshing. I loved this look back.

Comics: 772

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 469

The Avengers #185

New Avengers (2010) #12

The Flash #275

Flashpoint #1

Jonah Hex (1977) #26

Jonah Hex (2006) #67

Comic books: 62

Trade paperbacks: 12

Graphic novels: 0

Savage Dragon #169-71: Larsen is on fucking fire. Holy shit, great stuff!

Walking Dead #80-6: The No Way Out storyline plus one or two more. I've been up and down on this for a little while but this storyline was pretty darned good. I'm interested to see where this goes for a little while.

Alpha Flight #0.1: It was alright. I'm debating picking up the trade. No one can get Alpha Flight right. At least this team is populated with Canadians I feel that this is my curse.

Captain America and Crossbones: This oneshot should have been called "CRossbones on a solo mission and thinking about Captain America a lot." It was pretty fun. Inconsequential, but fun.

All-Winners Squad #1: I love the art. These characters are my wheelhouse. The story was one of those necessary first issues that doesn't really tell you anything. I'll definitely check #2 out though.

X-Men Schism #1: Wow. Jason Aaron has me reading X-Men again. The opening page is the best Wolverine page I've ever seen. Pacheco's art is top-notch. Great to see him at the top of his game and I hope he can finish this mini. I would continue Aaron's X-run except Bachalo's on art. Yuck.

GL Emerald Warriors #11: Weirdly, no mention of the War of the GLs. A solo oneshot Guy story and easily the worst of the series. Ugh. Terrible, actually. The creative team has bought themselves a chance with the previous ten issues though.

Batman Inc. #7: Maybe the best since the first two issues. Burnham's art is pretty good here. He has to be the most inconsistent artist I've ever seen from issue to issue. Man-of-Bats is a favorite character from the Morrison run. I liked this a lot.

Brightest day Aftermath: The Search for Swamp Thing #1: Neither good nor bad. Pretty mundane actually.

Captain America #619: A pretty good issue for a final Cap issue for me. I don't like the art shifts in these issues. Previously, from between the two artists past and present in the series, it worked because they complemented each other. But Guice, Samnee and Breitweiser are so different from each other it's jarring. I may move to trade depending on what I hear, but otherwise I'm done with Cap.

Kirby Genesis #1: This was pretty good too. Definitely a trade wait though. I'll be moving to that.

DC Presents JLA Black Baptism: the idea of JLA against magic characters has never grabbed me. I don't like it when the Avengers do it either. This was pretty boring and overdrawn but 3.50 for a small trade is pretty good.

The Traveller vol. 1: Mark Waid + time-travelling superhero = instant buy. Brilliant stuff. You know what's going on from the start of the second issue but it does swerve you and, though it leads to a further storyline, this one is one and done and is a tightly packed story. Great, great stuff.

Comics: 791

Trades: 22

X-Men Schism #1: Wow. Jason Aaron has me reading X-Men again. The opening page is the best Wolverine page I've ever seen. Pacheco's art is top-notch. Great to see him at the top of his game and I hope he can finish this mini.

My only gripe with the first issue was Storm's reaction to everything. While I'm not saying she should be all gritted teeth and "let's get 'em," at the same time her comment seemed rather naive.

That said, had another character made the same argument -- such as one of the younger mutants tagging along with Hope -- it wouldn't have bothered me.

Recent reads:

The Terminator: 2029 to 1984

This is better than it has any right to be.

The art, especially in the first three issues, has a Walking Dead vibe to it. New and old characters alike are introduced, and they're dropped into the well-known Terminator mythos with great skill. Changes are made to the story, but they don't contradict what we already know; the changes actually enhance the movies, which, for a tie-in comic, is a rarity. My only gripe is the pacing of the second miniseries. While the three-issue format worked for the 2029 mini, the 1984 series needed to be at least one extra issue.

Batman: Knight and Squire

It's alright, but nothing special. :unsure:

The Amazing Spider-Man #665

Betty Brant is brutally attacked for no other reason that to show that Peter is selfish. Aunt May yells at her nephew in a scene that is wildly out of character. Jonah is a parody of himself. And the hospital scenes, as a whole, are a joke.

Dan Slott normally gets Spider-Man and his cast, but this issue is... wow... just stay far, far away.

Ultimate Fallout #1

I didn't cry, but I can see why people would. Really emotional stuff here. Though, it did end rather abruptly.

Ultimate Fallout #2

Nowhere near as strong as the first issue, and rather disjointed with the different stories, but it's worth a look if you're interested in the new direction of the Ultimate Universe.

X-Men: Schism #1

Read what I said above in my previous post.

PunisherMAX #12-15

For the first time in a long time, I find myself eagerly anticipating the next issue in a storyline. It literally cannot come fast enough.

Fear Itself #4

This is proving to be my favorite companywide crossover in a long time.

Captain America (2011) #1

A beautiful book with a different voice than I'm used to from Brubaker. And that's not a bad thing. When Steve Epting is illustrating your comic, you better give him fast action and big scenes. That said, I'm a little lost when it comes to this new character. But I trust Bru enough to know he'll make everything clear in a few issues.

Comic books: 72

Trade paperbacks: 14

Flashpoint: Batman #2: Enjoyable, the ending was shocking as all hell. Out of all the FP minis spinning from the main book, this is the only one I care about.

Flashpoint #3: Good, interesting. I still don't think like this is a big event. I have no clue how they are going to solve Flashpoint, beat Zoom, and find out about DCnU in only two issues. But I want to see how it is done.

Secret Six #35: I've badmouthed this book a lot recently, but this was the first issue in a long time that didn't suck. Gail Simone can write good action based comics, which makes it even more annoying when she resorts to the stupid shitty gibberish dialogue driven work that she's been doing for the past few years in everything.

Titans Annual 2011: Alright, not great. Deathstroke reveals his true plans, and it comes across, as pretty dumb.

Detective Comics #879-880: The best Batman book out right now? Oh yes.

Green Lantern #67: Suprising ending for WOGL. I'm intrigued.

GLC #61: Don't care about John Stewart, didn't care about this comic. It was a one in done issue, that may affect things happening in GLC after the relaunch, but for the price, this just wasn't worth it.

Red Robin #25: I have no clue where this book is going. And I'm starting not to care. If it wasn't ending next month, I'd have dropped this book by now.

Titans #37: It just felt like it was going through the motions. Deathstroke's big plan for the team just felt weird, and not very interesting.

Comics: 113

Alien VS Predator Volume 1 Omnibus. Tiny Titans #35, Brightest Day #17, Shazam: Monster Society of Evil TPB. Red Robin #19, Titans #31, Batman #706, Streets of Gotham #19, Brightest Day #18, Brave and Bold #33. Batman Beyond #1. Detective Comics #891, Detective Comics #892, Detective Comics #893. Action Comics #897, Shazam 1 shot. JL: Generation Lost 19, Secret Six #30, Red Robin #20, TMVP #6. Flash #9, Batman and Robin #20, Titans #32. Batman: Dark Knight #1. Green lantern #62, Green Lantern Corps #57, Brightest Day #20. Justice League International volumes 1-3. Teen Titans #92, Action Comics #898, JL:Generation Lost #20. Brightest Day #20, Green Lantern #63. The Crow TPB. Green Lantern: Rebirth #1, Batman and Robin #21, JL: Generation Lost #21 Batman Inc #3, Titans #33. Brightest Day #22, Red Robin #21, Secret Six #31. Green Lantern #64, GLC #58, Batman Inc #4. JL: Generation Lost #22, Batman: Streets of Gotham #22, Action Comics #899, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #155, Detective Comics #875, DC Universe Legacies #9-10. Fear Itself #1, Brightest Day #23. Red Robin #22, Ultimate Spider-Man #156, The Flash #10, JL: Generation Lost #23, COIE #12, All Star Comics #3, Legion of Superheroes #300, Batman and Robin #22. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #3, Deathstroke #3. Red Robin #22, Green Lantern #65, Green Lantern Corps #59. Action Comics #900, Batman Inc #5, Brightest Day #24, Detective Comics #876, The Flash #11, GL: Emerald Warriors #9, JL: Generation Lost #24, Secret Six #32. Ultimatum. Fear Itself #2. The Flash #12, Flashpoint #1, Secret Six #33, Batman Inc #3, Red Robin #23, Titans #35. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #4, Ultimate Spider-Man #158, Batman and Robin #23, Booster Gold #44, Batman: Gates of Gotham #1. Action Comics #901, Detective Comics #877, Green Lantern #66, Green Lantern Corps #60, GL:Emerald Warrior #10, Batman #710, Flashpoint #2. FP #1's: Aquaman, Abin Sur, Citizen Cold, Secret Seven, Batman. Secret Six #34, Booster Gold #45, Batman and Robin #24, Red Robin #24, Titans #36. FP: Deadman #1, Reverse Flash #1, Batman Inc #7, Detective Comics #878, GL: Emerald Warrior #11. FP #3 and Batman, Titans #37, Titans Annual 2011, Secret Six #35, Detective Comics 879-880, GL #67, GLC #61, Red Robin #25

X-Men: Schism #2

After the first issue, I had a pretty good idea what will cause the split between Scott and Logan, and now I'm convinced. Over the years Logan has mentored several young mutants, and it looks like he's about to take on another: Idie. My guess is that she'll be killed in the third issue, pushing Logan over the edge. While he likes badass Cyclops, I think after losing Nightcrawler and the rather predictable death of Idie, Wolverine will have had enough of Scott's leadership of the X-Men.

As for the issue, it's very clearly a "let's get from point A to point B" issue, with a little character development along the way. In that regard, it's okay.

Kitty's "I'm Jewish" line was out of character. She's a much more subtle character. Instead of rubbing her faith into President Ahmadinejad face, I personally feel there should have been a quiet moment where he saw her Star of David before she dove back into battle.

The little blond girl is nothing more than an evil Hit-Girl.

Overall, I enjoyed Cho's artwork, but his Cyclops was way to skinny. He looked sick at times.

Comic books: 73

Daredevil (2011) #1

After years of reading Daredevil stories that should have logically ended with Matt putting a gun in his mouth, it's refreshing to see one that's fun and bright, yet still a Daredevil story at its core.

Paolo Rivera's art is a refreshing change, too. It uses Matt's radar sense in a way we're familiar with, but in a style that's distinctly Rivera's own.

In the same way the tonal shift from the dark, gritty Batman: The Animated Series to the sunny, goofy Batman: The Brave and the Bold was off-putting for many people, longtime fans of Daredevil will be shocked by the new direction of the comic. But like the aforementioned example, if given time to appreciate it for what it is -- that being a new take on the same character -- it'll turn a lot of heads down the line.

Comic books: 74