Sony wants six Spider-Man films

Missy

I've heard Amy Pascal [chairman of Sony's motion picture group] say she wants to make six Spider-Man pictures," Raimi said in an interview at the Saturn Awards in Los Angeles. "So I think she's a woman of her word. And if she says there'll be six, there'll be six. ... If they were to ask me, and if I felt as passionate as I feel now about the character and had this great hunger and desire to tell the story, which I really do now, you couldn't keep me away from it.

I'm down with this as long as the writing continues to be topnotch and the cast remains onboard.

Yeah, she wants the third to end with some spider-baby thing. No joke. Spider-baby.

Personally, I think they should "Gwen Stacy" MJ at the start of the fourth film, thus setting Peter on a new, darker arc for parts four, five and six. This would even be the perfect place to bring the black costume and Venom into the picture.

Yeah, she wants the third to end with some spider-baby thing. No joke. Spider-baby.

Personally, I think they should "Gwen Stacy" MJ at the start of the fourth film, thus setting Peter on a new, darker arc for parts four, five and six. This would even be the perfect place to bring the black costume and Venom into the picture.

Exactly. It's really the only way they could do Venom--by having more than 3 movies. The story is so drawn-out that they'd need to have all of them end on cliffhangers. They need to do Carnage, too, though. Cletus Cassidy = criminally (no pun intended) underrated.

Does anyone else think that the budget required for a movie that would feature a convincing Venom would be astronomical?

That (and the lack of good CGI) is why they haven't touched the character as of yet.

20040716l.jpg

Yeah, you'd need to have the Eddie Brock and symbiote suit stuff going for at least a whole movie before you do Venom. I don't think you can do Carnage properly because that sorta turns Venom into a good guy, since Venom wants to kill Carnage nearly as much as Spiderman.

Lack of good CGI :lol: oh, were you being serious??? Good, even great CGI can be done with real actors. The problem is no-one is breaking the shackles of standard film making. The shit Lucas did with Episode IV, no one ever dreamed of, and it was basic shit like changing opacity and stuff. People just need to trust themselves instead of putting all their faith in a machine.

And it's not as if Venom needs to have realistic human skin, movement etc.

Go re-watch the first Spider-Man film. As good as it is, every now and then Spidey looks cartoony as he swings around. There are moments like that in Spider-Man 2 as well. If Venom is too look good they really need to make people believe he's real, and not some glorified computer creation.

I do agree that they might need some improvments to make a good Venom however at this rate it'lll still be a good three years before SM4 would come out, that's a long time to get some stuff taken care of.

Also am I the only onbe who thinks Brock Lesnar would make a good Eddie Brock

Brock could barely act while he was wrestling, let alone given a major role in a super budget film.

Prolly just cuz he looks quite a bit like him is why I thought that, & it's better than some things I heard, when there was a rumor that Venom would be in #2 it looked like it would be Vin f'n Diesel

The problem with casting Eddie Brock exactly as the original comic book version is that there aren't many huge blonde types that good enough actors to pull of the suicidal depression of Eddie Brock.

If they do Venom, they should do the Ultimate Spider-Man storylne for it. They could have Peter find the box while he's helping Aunt May unpack in her apartment. Plus, it opens up a fairly wide age range for actors, since Peter's already in college, Eddie could be a grad student, or a research assistant or something. They could just say he was working at the Bugle to earn a little extra money for college.

Go re-watch the first Spider-Man film. As good as it is, every now and then Spidey looks cartoony as he swings around. There are moments like that in Spider-Man 2 as well. If Venom is too look good they really need to make people believe he's real, and not some glorified computer creation.

If you mean 'cartoony' in an out of place colouring/lighting not quite right way, then I know what you mean. There were some spots where it wasn't quite right. But the movement and detail all in all were really quite good. I likd how he look clumsy for the most part, because that is how a spider looks when it floats from branch to branch.

As for who to play Brock, seems he didn't get the Thing part, Michael Rooker...