JLA movie news

Missy

I can see Common as John Stewart.

Adam Brody as Flash? I could probably see that too. I first thought of Adrian Brody instead of Adam and had a huge groan. So maybe my acceptance of Brody is based on the fact that he's a much better choice than Adrian.

I still think Ryan Reynolds is made for that job...

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reason one and only for Deadpool movie not being made:

It is an action comedy based on a character whose face is scarred beyond recognition. You can't sell a burn victim heartthrob to teeny-boppers and expect them to bite. It's not a moneymaker.

Yeah, except that he'd be in a mask for 90% of the movie. I'm sorry, but if they are seriously making an Ant-Man movie, then they damn well can make a Deadpool movie.

Reason one and only for Deadpool movie not being made:

It is an action comedy based on a character whose face is scarred beyond recognition. You can't sell a burn victim heartthrob to teeny-boppers and expect them to bite. It's not a moneymaker.

Yeah, except that he'd be in a mask for 90% of the movie. I'm sorry, but if they are seriously making an Ant-Man movie, then they damn well can make a Deadpool movie.

I'd have to disagree there. Ant Man is more viable because its a marketing dream. Plus it is a lot easier to pitch: "Imagine if "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" met the Incredible Hulk. Done.

Deadpool would be so neutered if brought to the big screen you wouldn't want to see it anyway.

Justice League: Who Will Be Cast as Wonder Woman?

whowillbewonderwomankn0.th.jpg

Casting is in full effect on the Justice League movie, and while no names are yet attached, we are getting a better idea of the actors who are trying out for the roles. And everyone seems to want to know what actress will be playing Wonder Woman. Let’s take a look at the new hopefuls:

Australian actress Victoria Hill (December Boys) supposedly did a screen test audition in September.

MTV reports that 26-year-old singer/actrsss Christina Milian wants the role. Although, I’m sure her ethnicity might prevent her from winning the role of the Amazon. Wonder Woman is also known for her curvaceous long legs. The modern day character is 6′3″ while the older version was much shorter (5′11″ was “amazonian” height for a woman in the 1960’s). Millian stands at a very short 5′ 2”.

Cinematical has learned that Shannyn Sossamon (A Knight’s Tale, One Missed Call) has auditioned for the role, after blowing away the Mulroneys in a Princess Di casting session. Sossamon is 29-years old and 5′ 9”, a little closer in height, but still much shorter than the traditional character.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Final Destination 3, Live Free or Die Hard) and Teresa Palmer (December Boys) both auditioned for Miller earlier this week during the marathon casting sessions in Hollywood. Age 21 years of age, Palmer is the youngest of the bunch. Her publicity materials list her as 5′ 5¾”. Winstead stands 5′ 8” and is also young (22 years old).

The Past: Both Jessica Biel and Katie Holmes have been rumored, but are no longer in contention for the role.

Apparently they are looking for an actress aged 21-29, and anywhere from 5′ 2” to 5′ 9” in height. So chances are that we’ll be getting a younger/shorter Wonder Woman.So who would you cast as Wonder Woman?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/10/18/justic...s-wonder-woman/

Deadpool might work if they brought him in as a merc in Wolverine 2 and he really stood out as a whacky anti-hero. It would be especially fun to see him as a slightly amoral whackjob hired to take down Wolverine. I could see a Deadpool movie working that way but theres no way he could draw on his own. At least tying in his origin with Wolvie makes him memorable to moviegoers.

Justice League: Who Will Be Cast as Wonder Woman?

whowillbewonderwomankn0.th.jpg

Casting is in full effect on the Justice League movie, and while no names are yet attached, we are getting a better idea of the actors who are trying out for the roles. And everyone seems to want to know what actress will be playing Wonder Woman. Let’s take a look at the new hopefuls:

Australian actress Victoria Hill (December Boys) supposedly did a screen test audition in September.

MTV reports that 26-year-old singer/actrsss Christina Milian wants the role. Although, I’m sure her ethnicity might prevent her from winning the role of the Amazon. Wonder Woman is also known for her curvaceous long legs. The modern day character is 6′3″ while the older version was much shorter (5′11″ was “amazonian” height for a woman in the 1960’s). Millian stands at a very short 5′ 2”.

Cinematical has learned that Shannyn Sossamon (A Knight’s Tale, One Missed Call) has auditioned for the role, after blowing away the Mulroneys in a Princess Di casting session. Sossamon is 29-years old and 5′ 9”, a little closer in height, but still much shorter than the traditional character.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Final Destination 3, Live Free or Die Hard) and Teresa Palmer (December Boys) both auditioned for Miller earlier this week during the marathon casting sessions in Hollywood. Age 21 years of age, Palmer is the youngest of the bunch. Her publicity materials list her as 5′ 5¾”. Winstead stands 5′ 8” and is also young (22 years old).

The Past: Both Jessica Biel and Katie Holmes have been rumored, but are no longer in contention for the role.

Apparently they are looking for an actress aged 21-29, and anywhere from 5′ 2” to 5′ 9” in height. So chances are that we’ll be getting a younger/shorter Wonder Woman.So who would you cast as Wonder Woman?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/10/18/justic...s-wonder-woman/

Of that list, Victoria Hill. Sossamon does nothing for me, Winstead & Palmer are too young and Christina Millian is USELESS at everything she does. It's not that she's black that should hamper her but the fact she has no talent.

Deadpool might work if they brought him in as a merc in Wolverine 2 and he really stood out as a whacky anti-hero. It would be especially fun to see him as a slightly amoral whackjob hired to take down Wolverine. I could see a Deadpool movie working that way but theres no way he could draw on his own. At least tying in his origin with Wolvie makes him memorable to moviegoers.

Give up the dream people there will never be a deadpool movie...

Barry Allen is alive and still the fastest man on Earth in George Miller’s “Justice League of America,” according to UGO fixture Patrick Sauriol!

Slightly startling news, as Barry (the silver-age Flash) been dead for decades and had nothing to do with the recent comic-book Brother Eye arc on which the movie appears to be based.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34548

And here's Wonder Woman..................supposedly:

palmerpj8.th.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story...5013560,00.html

Speaking of Spoilers:

From AICN

Justice League FAQ

Does the Justice League exist at the start of the film?

It does not.

Has Batman met all the superheroes he has under surveillance?

Yes....

Are the heroes surprised Batman knows all their

secret identities?

No.....

Does Lois or Luthor appear in the movie?

Lois is mentioned; no Lex.

With which supervillains must the League contend?

Maxwell Lord, Talia al Ghul (daughter of “Batman Begins’” Ra’s al Ghul) and the Omacs.

Does Superman have a big part?

Superman has a huge part as well as a huge fight with Wonder Woman and Batman.

Do Wonder Woman and Batman team up against Superman?

Diana does team up with Batman against Superman.

Whose side is Martian Manhunter on?

Martian Manhunter is not involved nor is anyone else, they are all fighting other people or hurt.

Does Aquaman have a big part?

Not so much.

Do we get to see Atlantis or Themyscira?

We see Atlantis briefly, no Paradise Island.

Do we get to see Green Lantern's Guardians or other members of the GL Corps?

Not at all.

Do Hawkman, The Atom, Green Arrow, Zatanna, Hal Jordan

or Black Canary appear and/or exist in this universe??

No.....

A living, breathing Barry Allen appears in the script. Is Wally West in the movie as well?

Both Wally and Barry are heavily featured in the film, and are the best written characters in the script.

Are Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash(es), Batman,

Superman, John Stewart and J'onn J'onzz the only DC

superheroes in the movie?

Yes.....

What’s the best thing about the script?

Best thing about the script besides all the Flashes stuff is the fight with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

Is that Barry Allen’s funeral at the start of the script?

Yes......

Producers don't seem to realize why the first two X-Men and Spider-Man films worked so well. An emphasis wasn't placed on pleasing fanboys; the goal was to tell an awesome story. Every single time I read a clip about this JLA movie I have to smack my head. "OMG~ Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman fight!" Ugh.

Since I haven't seen her act, I'll reserve judgment on Teresa Palmer. Though I will say she looks way too small for the part.

• 2 weeks later...
Major tentpoles are the most vulnerable should the strike drag on. Warner Bros. execs are nervous about how to proceed with "Justice League of America," which is still uncast and is a crucial potential franchise boasting popular DC Comics characters. While WB expects to move ahead on most of its projects, if the strike extends past February, the studio will have some reevaluating to do.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6514

The trades are going to announce the cast of Justice League next week, but courtesy someone connected to Ken Ralston I can tell you four confirmed names.

- Adam Brody (THE O.C., GILMORE GIRLS, THANK YOU FOR SMOKING)

- Common (SMOKIN' ACES, WANTED)

- Scott Porter (SPEED RACER 'Rex Racer', FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS tv show, DESCENT, MUSIC AND LYRICS)

- Teresa Palmer (WOLF CREEK, THE GRUDGE 2, DECEMBER BOYS)

Palmer is not Wonder Woman, I believe she's a villain. Brody is Wally West. Common is The Green Lantern. Porter, they think, is Superman. There's also word that Michael Gough might be appearing as Alfred.

The full cast should be revealed by this time next week.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34814

btw if you are confused about "Common" like I was, he's a rapper. He's going to be GL. He actually looks pretty good for the part.

http://z.about.com/d/rap/1/0/B/D/-/-/Commo...dingForever.jpg

Ugh!. Adam Brody as Wally West. For god sake, what happened to all the Ryan Reynolds talk, he was/is the perfect choice.

As for Common, the weird thing when I read that, was that I thought of the Martian Manhunter before I thought Green Lantern. Truth be told, he would probably do either justice, based on the limited screen time I have seen for him (Smokin Aces).

Also, the more I watch The Bionic Woman, the more I think she would play Wonder Woman really well.

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh!. Adam Brody as Wally West. For god sake, what happened to all the Ryan Reynolds talk, he was/is the perfect choice.

He's Repairman Jack baby! I'd prefer Ryan Reynolds in a good Repairman Jack movie over being Flash in a shit JLA movie any day.

According to AICN this is 100% the girl playing Wonder Woman.

galeww3sk6.jpg

Her name is Megan Gale, and she's an Australian supermodel. btw she's 5'10"

I think her acting chops speak for themselves: watch her stunning portrayal of Bette Page

maybe NSFW