Sign in to follow this  
The Master

Randomness

Nah, only more like an inch or two here; just enough to dust and make everything pretty, but not enough to make things hellish. You're in the special part of the state.

Thus far, we're snowless. In fact, as of today, Chicago has had 281 days without snow, which is a record. Though they're saying we might get some this afternoon.

Move an hour or so south, I'm sure it'll make just enough difference weather-wise. You'll still get four seasons and all, but you won't get hell winter. :P

Just looked at my daily podcast trawl and what did I see? A 90 minute Nerdist Podcast interview with CM Punk. I specifically asked Chris Hardwick for this on Twitter when I heard Punk was going to be on AMC's Talking Dead, so I'm pretty damn happy about this.

I let my grandmother use my Netflix account.

Apparently she watched the WWE Top 50 Finishers DVD.

She gave it five stars.

Dubs, that's awesome.

I'm going to propose something. The term "fiance" is boring and out-dated. We need something new. I propose that when two people are planning to get married, they call each other "Accomplice in Awesome." Think about it.

Bob: So, my fiance won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Me: Snore.

Compare to:

Tom: My Accomplice in Awesome is watching the linoleum curl.

Me: Wait, what? You have my total attention.

Not only that but, even after marriage, you can continue to use the title. Plus, if the marriage ends on good terms, both members can say that their relationship was just too awesome to last.

When we were engaged, and Megan will verify this, I refused to say the word Fiance. I fucking hated it. I thought it was a stupid fucking word. I introduced her as my wife-to-be or craft the sentence to add "we're engaged" if it was necessary.

I also hate "partner" when you're talking about a spouse and not, you know, your fellow bank robber or something.