Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've convinced myself that since I'm such a misanthrope, I'll need a dog for company while Lucy is abroad next year. And since I'm (likely) going to be in a reasonably tiny apartment, that severely limits the sort of dog I can have. And since I hate little yappy bastards, I've settled on a bulldog. And that bulldog will be named Lockjaw. And I've clearly been job hunting and apartment searching too much today, because I've thought this through entirely.

I've convinced myself that since I'm such a misanthrope, I'll need a dog for company while Lucy is abroad next year. And since I'm (likely) going to be in a reasonably tiny apartment, that severely limits the sort of dog I can have. And since I hate little yappy bastards, I've settled on a bulldog. And that bulldog will be named Lockjaw. And I've clearly been job hunting and apartment searching too much today, because I've thought this through entirely.

Dude!

Let me know when you get the puppy!

I'll bring over my purple pet dragon Lockheed and my Abo slave Gateway for a party!

Would you let a 5 year old watch Transformers 2? I recommended that my housemates not show it to their kid, but then one of his friends came over to play and was talking about it. I'm not sure his parents really realised what was in the film before they showed it to him, that or they didn't care.

Personally I think that the combination of 'hilarious' drug use, heavily sexualised imagery, constant violence and tentacle rape (yes, Sam is tentacle raped) disqualifies this film from being viewed by kids that young. He's still watching Cbeebies for gods sake. Ordinarily I'd would totally blame the parents but it Bay's fault for putting a lot of this stuff in a film based on a toy franchise, it seems massively irresponsible to me.

How about you guys, what do you think? In particular those of you with kids like Des or Mike (if he'd stayed in El Paso to raise his lovechild instead of running away to Chicago that is).

How about you guys, what do you think? In particular those of you with kids like Des or Mike (if he'd stayed in El Paso to raise his lovechild instead of running away to Chicago that is).

I have no idea what that means. :huh:

But if I had a child, no, I wouldn't let them watch anything I hadn't pre-screened or I knew was okay -- such as shows on PBS. Even if Transformers 2 didn't have the over-sexualization, I still wouldn't let a child watch it due to the intense action.

I have no idea what that means. :huh:

I'm merely implying you have a secret sordid past. ^_^ I've yet to think up a name for your former persona. Maybe Esteban Ortega, famous bank robber.

On an unrelated note, if I'd known that Jewel Staite was a regular in Stargate Atlantis I would have been watching. Why does no-one tell me these things?