The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sucks man,same thing happened to me 2 years ago writing a research paper on Panama at my local library. Had to retype the entire thing in one night, as when I noticed I lost it and went back to look for it, the thing was long gone. I would try to find it as soon as possible before some douche bag claims it for his own. In other news I am on the forums when I should be typing a term paper on Weathering Hights,but that book is fucked up, plus this is more fun. I have a few weeks 'till the thing's due anyway.

That sucks man,same thing happened to me 2 years ago writing a research paper on Panama at my local library. Had to retype the entire thing in one night, as when I noticed I lost it and went back to look for it, the thing was long gone. I would try to find it as soon as possible before some douche bag claims it for his own. In other news I am on the forums when I should be typing a term paper on Weathering Hights,but that book is fucked up, plus this is more fun. I have a few weeks 'till the thing's due anyway.

Try reading Wuthering Heights. I hear it's better.

Sorry, can't spell for shit :blush: ,weatherin,wuthering,whatever. It withers my soul

The only book more boring I ever read was "Across Five Aprils" in grade school. I'm a big civil war buff, but that was just cover to cover redneck drawl... I wanted to burn the book and throw the ashes ton the sea. THAT'S how much I hated that book. It was about some farmboy with over a dozen siblings who writes to Lincoln and solves a murder and ... I can't, nay, won't, describe it any further. :sick:

Wuthering heights has a landlord almost get his balls bitten off by his tennant's dog or something in the beginning, they try to hook up with their neighbors ghost or something, chase after other person, ect. It seems very weird. I am at the part where Linton dies, anyone care to tell me what happens next?

Already used SparkNotes, thanks tho. I'm not saying the storytelling is bad, but the plot is kinda uninteresting to the average freshman male(i.e: me)Already read To the Lighthouse for summer reading, and my teacher said anyone who reads all of Finnegan's wake without screaming "I fucking hate this!" would get extra credit. My sister is a sophomore (in college) and I have to read shit more difficult this year in my honors classes than she probably has. Try finishing the Iliad and Odyssey in 2 weeks without some airhead saying Odysseus was a hypocrite for Penelope staying faithful fortwenty years while he banged Circe for a year. I rather enjoyed them because of all the mythology, but I was ashamed to admit I knew who Ares is through wonder woman...,while they weren't laughing at pictures of urns portraying a naked Polyphemus, or asking why he has one eye when his dad Poseidon has two , another thing people were surprised by was how much of a dick hole Zeus is and what a bitch Hera was. Hephaestus had it the worst though, after being thrown off mt. Olympus by hera, working at the forges, and finding Aphrodite and Ares in bed... It's all like one giant mythological soap opera. A kid in my class named Sean thought Athena was Zeus' imaginary friend since she was born out of his head. I swear, it's like the only thing they know about Greece is out of Disney's Hercules. Hades wasn't really that evil! Not to sound arrogant, but I hate idiots. (Yes I know this is all one major ranting, run-on cluster-fuck, but I'm just typing this fast so I can get back to work on the Wuthering Heights paper

Speaking of things I hate. I hate people who come to me for tutoring who haven't even read the fucking chapter that they need to have read for class tomorrow, and expect me to explain it for them w/o them reading it.

NO. WRONG. THAT IS NOT THE WAY THIS WORKS. YOU DO HAVE TO DO THE READING, I WILL NOT DO IT FOR YOU, AND MEETING WITH ME WHEN YOU HAVE NOT DONE THE READING (EVEN THOUGH I AM MEETING WITH YOU LATE ENOUGH THAT YOU SHOULD'VE HAD TEH CHANCE TO DO IT SEVERAL TIMES OVER) IS A WASTE OF BOTH YOUR TIME AND MINE.

This rant bought to you by several days of irritation at this kid I'm tutoring. (Why would you call yourself Skoob?!)

If they don't do the work, you should let their professor know, or tell them if they expect you to do their work for them, they should find a new tutor. (Unless they raise your pay that is ;) ) In all seriousness, you should read the chapter and not tell them, and have THEM explain it to YOU. Tell them that's the way it works, and if he doesn't want to do it that way, tough titties. I'm not tutoring anyone right now, but this is one of the reasons I hate group projects. When someone comes to my house to do one, it usually ends up with them leaving me to do all the work when they play my Wii and mess up my sores. As I stated above, I hate idiots. :angry:

This is college. Her very POINT was, no one should have to be told these things.

This is FUCKING college.

You say that like it should matter in this day and age.

It absolutely should.

As long as people continue to make b.s. concessions for the special little snowflakes, or do shit that is not in their job descriptions because the little shits cry "consumer" ("I'm paying your salary--I say jump, you say 'How high, Massa?'"), things will continue to go down the tubes.

College should not be High School II. College is not for everyone, as much as these institutions would like you to believe. And that devalues everyone's education.

If they don't do the work, you should let their professor know, or tell them if they expect you to do their work for them, they should find a new tutor.

This is college. Her very POINT was, no one should have to be told these things.

This is FUCKING college.

Exactly, if 15 year old me knows that, an 18+ college student should know that. In my opinion,at this point, just take their money and let them fail :evil:

I always push myself to hand in projects on time, and to be honest, if I'm late, I can only blame myself.

Also, in good news, I got my hard drive back from the library!

It was handed in and I had to describe what it looked like, and all I could remember was that it was big, black and had a white tag at the end.

I just got home from bringing my cat, Clover to the vet. She hasn't been eating and is thin as a rail. We got a special food for her, the veterinarian assured me it wasn't worms, but we will get tests back on Monday telling us whether it's her thyroid or cancer. I hope it's the former, as at least there is medication for that. She is 10, no longer in her prime, but the vet said she lost 3 pounds since the last visit in SEPTEMBER! Fuck... just fuck.

At first we thought it was worms or diabetes. My sister's cat has diabetes, and we went through a similar process. They took blood, urine, and stool samples that all came back negative for any disease. The doctor said that she also is anemic, since she won't eat. Thank you for your concern though.

UPDATE: Clover is now eating the special food, and has been administered her medicine. I will update you on her condition as soon as the test results come in ( should be monday or tuesday). Thanks for all the warm wishes, right now she is curled up sleeping in the corner of my room by the vent. This is rather cute, but depresses me as she doesn't have enough body fat to insulate her and she is biting her fur off and hacking it up every 6 hours, I would post a pic, but it would probably be upsetting. Seriously, thanks 4 the concern guys.

Yeah, only 5 days apart. It would suck for you Mike if it took 5 days to fix, but that would be seriously sick. If that happens, I don't have problem with you locking this thread. (Not that my input really matters, YOU'RE the administrator, do whatever the hell you want :P )