Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't. And it was AWESOME. Batman as a vampire is so God-damn cool.

This is an episode that was ruined by the ending. It felt like the writer's realized that they had written themselves into a corner and ran out of time so they decided, "Okay, it's all a dream." I mean, even if we had a n "Or is it?" ending, that would have been better. They could have had a closeup on Batman's eyes and it be a total tribute to Thriller.

This is an episode that was ruined by the ending. It felt like the writer's realized that they had written themselves into a corner and ran out of time so they decided, "Okay, it's all a dream." I mean, even if we had a n "Or is it?" ending, that would have been better. They could have had a closeup on Batman's eyes and it be a total tribute to Thriller.

It didn't ruin it for me. And it did kind of have a "The End???" ending with Batman saying he was hungry.

I thought the episode was mostly alright. It wasn't a fantastic episode. But it had Aquaman, and he makes everything outrageous/better.

May Schedule

Friday, May 6th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#50 Darkseid Descending!"

Batman assembles a new, motley Justice League to thwart a pending Earth invasion by Darkseid. The rag-tag group can hardly get along--let alone battle a near god--but when they become Earth's last hope, they have to learn to pull it together.

Friday, May 13th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#29 Death Race to Oblivion!"

Mongul holds Earth ransom, forcing it's greatest heroes--and villains!--to race for the planet's survival. It's a crooked bargain wherein even if Batman wins, he dooms his fellow heroes--if the villains don't doom them first!

Friday, May 20th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#30 The Siege of Starro, Part One!"

Led by Faceless Hunter, the Starro Invasion comes on full swing. Only Batman and a handful of unlikely heroes remain uninfected to thwart the alien parasites and their mind-controlled hosts before all of Earth is sucked dry.

Friday, May 20th, 2011 at 7:00pm (ET) - "#40 The Siege of Starro, Part Two!"

Star Conqueror may be defeated, but Faceless Hunter is not! The alien warrior manipulates B'Wana Beast, forcing him to combine the tiny Starros into one massive beast he plans to use to destroy the planet! But Batman has his own back-up -- the Metal Men!

Friday, May 27th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#56 Scorn of the Star Sapphire!" -- New!

Batman teams up with Green Lantern Hal Jordan to face the evil Star Sapphire!

Friday, May 27th, 2011 at 7:00pm (ET) - "#18 The Color of Revenge!"

Batman and Robin team up again, but it's not like it always was--there was a reason Robin left to go work on his own. As Crazy Quilt comes after Robin for revenge, all the dirty laundry comes out between the dynamic duo!

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#58 Time Out for Vengeance!" -- New!

The JLI travel to the past to try and stop a force that wants to wipe out all the incarnations of Batman throughout time (Cave-Batman, Pirate Batman).

Friday, May 27th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#56 Scorn of the Star Sapphire!" -- New!

Batman teams up with Green Lantern Hal Jordan to face the evil Star Sapphire!

Yay! ^_^

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#58 Time Out for Vengeance!" -- New!

The JLI travel to the past to try and stop a force that wants to wipe out all the incarnations of Batman throughout time (Cave-Batman, Pirate Batman).

o_o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cartoon Network has confirmed that new episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold and Young Justice have been delayed to as-of-yet unrevealed dates.

New episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold and Young Justice have been delayed, as confirmed by Cartoon Network. A block of new Batman: The Brave and The Bold episodes were set to air beginning this week, with the debut of "Scorn of the Star Sapphire!," but now repeats will air instead. New episodes of Young Justice have also been pushed back.

New Batman: The Brave and The Bold episodes "Scorn of the Star Sapphire!" and "Time Out for Vengeance!" were originally set to debut this Friday and next, respectively. According to Cartoon Network, a rerun of "Mayhem of the Music Meister" will now air this coming Friday, May 27th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) instead. Additionally, as of next Friday, Batman: The Brave and The Bold is once again temporarily removed from the network's schedule line-up.

In addition to new episodes being delayed, Young Justice will also move to a new timeslot beginning June 3rd, 2011. The series will now air at 6:00pm (ET) on Fridays, according to Cartoon Network. The episode "Denial" is now slated to air on Friday, June 3rd, 2011 at 6:00pm (ET) instead of the new episode "Targets."

Cartoon Network has not yet scheduled when the delayed new episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold and Young Justice will now air.

Source

DAMNIT, I hate this, Cartoon Network is terrible at putting their product out there, we never see reruns of episodes of a cartoon, especially Batman or Young Justice, the only time the shows are advertised or a repeat is shown is during the time in which new episodes are appearing. This has been a huge problem with networks in the past 10 years, with shows going on DVD, and Reality shows being cheap to produce and having a good amount of viewership involved, the networks seem to not care about keeping the interest of the shows they have until a couple weeks before new episodes begin.

Shows like Tru Calling, Bionic Woman and more had potential, but with them not showing anything on those series during the season hiatus(with Bionic Woman it was the lack of advertisement and the writer's strike that killed the series), interest wained or people forgot. I have been watching B:TBATB, through torrents to catch up, simply because I never remember when the series is on and they never air reruns. Also, I'm gonna wait until the series has ended and they release a Complete Series set, cause these SEASON 1 VOLUME 1, BS, is a huge SCREW YOU, to us fans.

I wish TV could go back to the way it was, where the shows are shown on a yearly basis, with reruns during the breaks(occasionally a movie instead), instead of stupid SCRIPTED Reality shows and "Talent" shows with no talent.

DAMNIT, I hate this, Cartoon Network is terrible at putting their product out there, we never see reruns of episodes of a cartoon, especially Batman or Young Justice, the only time the shows are advertised or a repeat is shown is during the time in which new episodes are appearing. This has been a huge problem with networks in the past 10 years, with shows going on DVD, and Reality shows being cheap to produce and having a good amount of viewership involved, the networks seem to not care about keeping the interest of the shows they have until a couple weeks before new episodes begin.

Shows like Tru Calling, Bionic Woman and more had potential, but with them not showing anything on those series during the season hiatus(with Bionic Woman it was the lack of advertisement and the writer's strike that killed the series), interest wained or people forgot. I have been watching B:TBATB, through torrents to catch up, simply because I never remember when the series is on and they never air reruns. Also, I'm gonna wait until the series has ended and they release a Complete Series set, cause these SEASON 1 VOLUME 1, BS, is a huge SCREW YOU, to us fans.

I wish TV could go back to the way it was, where the shows are shown on a yearly basis, with reruns during the breaks(occasionally a movie instead), instead of stupid SCRIPTED Reality shows and "Talent" shows with no talent.

First off, I'm sure there's a reason for why they pushed it back. It could be anything from needing more production time to wanting to air more completed episodes back to back before they have to go on hiatus. As for how things used to be? How things used to be, you wouldn't have gotten even the small four episode sets. Besides, if everything came down to not pissing off the fans, Brave & The Bold would have never even had episode 1. As for it being a screw you, it costs a bit to put out DVD sets. Warners isn't going to put out something that isn't going to sell. Doing it this way allows them to gauge interest before they start putting out whatever. They've since put out the season 1 boxset making up the first 13 episodes so, yeah, patience is great but I wouldn't exactly wait on a complete series box set.

Now, onto the unrelated things in your rant, Bionic Woman actually was fairly well advertised. It's just the fact that the product they put out wasn't great and while the show started out strong, it qwas already looking like it would be canceled before the strike ever occured. Tru Calling got it's chance but, once again, the show wasn't that good to begin with and the fact that it got a second season show that Fox was trying to give it a chance. If an audience isn't interested, putting it at a better timeslot isn't going to change things. Also, scripted television still makes up the majority of the network timeslots. Honestly, people watch it so that's why it's on the schedule. If it wasn't there, it's not like Bionic Woman or Tru Calling would still be running. Instead, we might have another lawyer show or hospital show or something else that might suck just as bad. Besides, some of us enjoy Survivor and The Amazing Race.

Those shows failed because they sucked, not because there's a network-wide conspiracy to cut costs. And like Will said, reruns are rare on network TV, and back in the day, we wouldn't have even had season releases.

And on why it got delayed again, it's entirely possible they feel that there need to be edits from when it aired in the UK/etc, like with the Birds of Prey song.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the announced "DC Nation" Cartoon Network programming block for 2012. If they push back BATB and YJ episodes now, they should still have some left over for then.

Stop it, you're being rational. We're on the internet, we're supposed to be mindlessly throwing a fit for the dumbest damn reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First off, I'm sure there's a reason for why they pushed it back. It could be anything from needing more production time to wanting to air more completed episodes back to back before they have to go on hiatus. As for how things used to be? How things used to be, you wouldn't have gotten even the small four episode sets. Besides, if everything came down to not pissing off the fans, Brave & The Bold would have never even had episode 1. As for it being a screw you, it costs a bit to put out DVD sets. Warners isn't going to put out something that isn't going to sell. Doing it this way allows them to gauge interest before they start putting out whatever. They've since put out the season 1 boxset making up the first 13 episodes so, yeah, patience is great but I wouldn't exactly wait on a complete series box set.

Now, onto the unrelated things in your rant, Bionic Woman actually was fairly well advertised. It's just the fact that the product they put out wasn't great and while the show started out strong, it qwas already looking like it would be canceled before the strike ever occured. Tru Calling got it's chance but, once again, the show wasn't that good to begin with and the fact that it got a second season show that Fox was trying to give it a chance. If an audience isn't interested, putting it at a better timeslot isn't going to change things. Also, scripted television still makes up the majority of the network timeslots. Honestly, people watch it so that's why it's on the schedule. If it wasn't there, it's not like Bionic Woman or Tru Calling would still be running. Instead, we might have another lawyer show or hospital show or something else that might suck just as bad. Besides, some of us enjoy Survivor and The Amazing Race.

Actually its all about the money, I know that its a business and with a business money is to be made, but it just sucks that they would release volumes or best of sets to see if there is an interest and than release full seasons afterward. What does that mean to the fan that brought the volumes or best of sets? It means that they have to shell out more hard earned money for episodes they already have, just so they can complete their collection. Its like the Superman set, now they already know that people are going to want to buy that set, so why hold off on what they held off on. I know the Superboy pilot was probably left off due to legal reasons, but what about the extra deleted scenes. Thy did that to get another 100 plus dollars out of people, even if they already brought the previous sets. So I say screw them. I'll just have a friend burn the disc on a regular DVD and buy it from them.