SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard Candy.

...So, maybe this wasn't the best thing to watch before and after a two and a half hour tech crew shift. Excellent movie, yes, and Ellen Page and Patrick Wilson do amazing acting in this. It's just very very dark and hard to watch at some points.

So, going to watch a bit of Tropic Thunder before passing out for the night to mitigate it.

Heroes: Most recent episode. ...Meh.

Battlestar Galactica: ...Oh. My.

I've long since given up even trying to figure out where the show's going and just decided to sit back and enjoy the ride. And this week's episode was nothing short of phenomenal, especially on the musical side.

Kara. Tyrol.

Dollhouse: Watched everything that's been released up until this point.

...Meh. It gets better by the episode, but it still feels soulless, to some degree.

What do you think of my name is Earl doug?

To me the show has been going steadily downhill since season 2 which is a shame that it peaked so early.

I agree, The show is getting lackluster. I still do not understand why they wrote out Joy and Darnell. Untill I have a reason to watch the new episodes I will be watching previous episodes.

Guest DCAUFan1051
What do you think of my name is Earl doug?

To me the show has been going steadily downhill since season 2 which is a shame that it peaked so early.

I agree, The show is getting lackluster. I still do not understand why they wrote out Joy and Darnell. Untill I have a reason to watch the new episodes I will be watching previous episodes.

While I' like Jason Lee as an actor I hate the Earl show. Dunno why I just do I can't even watch it for two minutes anymore. I think I watched the first three episodes when it premiered and then that was it.

On another note I've been doing a Justice League marathon.... currently starting Season 2..... am I so glad I didn't watch it when it was airing, because I couldn't stand having to wait a week for the part 2's lol :D Since I'm watching this most excellent cartoon I've noticed a few things, but I don't want to "step" on what mike & james will be doing with WFP..... so I'll write my notes down of what I have noticed and post them when WFP hits JL/JLU. :D It's hard to believe it's only been three years since the show ended...... seems like forever.

Anvil: The Story of Anvil

A documentary about aging rockers way past their prime trying to recapture their momentary glory? Surely Spinal Tap covered this already? Wrong. Its funny and tragic and touching in ways that surpass its fictional rival. The rubber faced loon of a lead named "Lips" who used to play his guitar with a vibrator and his stalwart drummer who looks like Steven Seagal will in ten years have been together 30 years and they are still trying. In the words of Lips himself, "its a legacy that will last forever...and so will the debt."

Sat through all three evil dead movies for the first time over the past week.

They are awesome, thought 2 and 3 are the more fun films, and more enjoyable.

I also saw Creepshow for the first time(Hi Des!) and although overall I enjoyed it overall my favourite story was the lonesome death of Jordy Verirll.

It was so funny and exactly how i would love to write and direct something like this and the guy who played Jody was fucking hilarious.

I was watching the documentary on disc 2 and found out it was Stephen king playing Jordy.

I put that in spoiler tags as if you haven't seen it I recommend you do and then read what I put in spoilers.

Also new episode of south park is online and it is the best episode yet.

Yeah he has just the right amount of being a menacing killer and completely off his head which he never has again. Nielsen can only play over the top now with hit and miss results.

Overall the movie was perfectly cast as everyone played their role perfectly, the final story: They're creeping on you made my skin crawl in a good way, no movie has ever made me like that before, no matter how horrible, and the actor who had to hold your attention and did it so well.

So I've been watching Spectacular Spider-man season 2 recently (over the past couple of weeks). I really enjoyed the first season, which was handled expertly, juggling the origin stories of villains, constant relationship dilemmas, financial dilemmas, and excellent fight sequences. Outside of the terrible mangling of Venom in episode 13 (the last episode of the first season, I really thought this show is on its way to become one of the best animated shows ever and if it continued it would become the Batman the Animated Series of the new decade.

So I began watching the second season (recently finishing episode 8) and I wondered with very few origin stories left to tell, how it would continue. Frankly my worries subsided immediately. They've done just as an excellent a job continuing this show as they've done in the first season, even making a large effort to fix the terrible blunders they made with Eddie Brock/Venom (who is just incredibly menacing in the new season). Although I wasn't a fan of the reveal of the Master Planner, I really enjoyed the updating of the Sinister Six, how they dealt with Kraven, with Norman, and how Peter deals with his relationship problems from episode to episode. It all flows very naturally. They also deal with something that's so prominent in the comics, Petey's identity and why he needs to protect his secret so badly. I really love this show, and if you haven't been watching it you should be.

I also watched some Batman Beyond (the first three episodes) for the very first time. While I think the origin of the Terry McGuniess was done very well and I love seeing old Bruce. I just really can't get into the Corporate Crime plot. These corporate vendettas all come across as rather boring. I understand that Bruce's parents were killed by street crime, which is why Bruce did most of his work on eradicating that level, and Terry's father was killed due to corporate crime, which is why Terry does his work on that level. I understand all that. Doesn't mean I have to like it. What the show does well, is that they create a while new universe, but everything still feels like Gotham. They create new villains (while none have rivaled the Joker or Mr. Freeze of the old series) that follow the line of "freaks" that permeated during Batman's clock. I'll stick with it in hopes that the show gets better, but I don't know.

Watched Rocky Balboa this morning, as it's spring break, and I have nothing better to do.

This movie just gives me goosebumps in so many different scenes. It's not the best shot, or written, but for someone who loves the character, this is an incredible emotional ride.