What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished Gantz. God damn you Kellen, stop recommending stuff.

That show sort of tears your heart to shreds. I expected a better payoff for the amount of strife I had to go through watching it.

Speaking of unsatisfying endings I'm going to start rewatching Neon Genesis Evangelion next.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Went to see 12 Rounds!!

AWESOME fuckin movie! great action, good compelling story that kept me on the edge of my seat..... John Cena has a great acting career ahead of him. Best movie I've seen this year. The next in theaters film on my list is Fast & Furious..... does anyone know what the song is that plays in the background of the trailer?

Guest DCAUFan1051
People are already giving you shit about your taste in tv shows. You just handed them the bat to beat you with over the movies you like.

Honestly I'm at the point where I don't care anymore, I am not gonna defend what I like to anyone. I thought it was a good movie. If people on here don't like my opinions then there's always the ignore button.

Suave, how was BOB in Monsters v. Aliens? I heard Seth Rogen did his voice work.

That show sort of tears your heart to shreds. I expected a better payoff for the amount of strife I had to go through watching it.

Speaking of unsatisfying endings I'm going to start rewatching Neon Genesis Evangelion next.

Actually, I have to disagree with you about the ending of Evangelion. The TV show's ending is perfectly coherent, and The End of Evangelion expands on it.

How high is the gore quotient on Gantz? I've heard interesting things.

Actually, I have to disagree with you about the ending of Evangelion. The TV show's ending is perfectly coherent, and The End of Evangelion expands on it.

How high is the gore quotient on Gantz? I've heard interesting things.

Gantz has a very high gore quotient. Characters you've followed for many episodes will suddenly and unexpectedly die in the most horrible fashion imaginable.

Re the ending of Evangelion-

The world turns to orange goo. WTF? I may get more from it this time around because its been about 5 years since I saw it but you'd be the first person I've encountered who said it actually made sense. I'll come back this when I've had the chance to look it over again.

The original ending, while it didn't address any of the issues and mysteries that had built up over the last half of the show, was actually kind of satisfying to me. It shows the actual process of Instrumentality, even though it doesn't really explain what it is, and it ends up being a kind of cracked-out therapy session for the major characters of the show as they take part in Instrumentality.

End of Evangelion is, at the same time, a broader view of what was actually going ON in the original Episodes 25 and 26, I think, as this focuses on both the psychological and physical action around what was happening.

There are some fairly epic fight scenes in here, a full explanation behind all the mysteries that the show left untouched, along with a fair amount of Shinji's cracky therapy session of Episodes 25 and 26. This feels a lot more satisfying than the original ending for the series, though the original ending was fairly passable in my mind.

I think it has a lot to do with personal interpretation above all else. :P

Rumbling Hearts is a pretty decent show, though it gets a bit too melodramatic for me at times. Also, about half the cast is only put in there for comic relief.

I really need to get an external hard drive soonish, I want to download some shows, and I don't have enough space on my Mac to be able to do so without getting rid of stuffs.

Also, Kings. Watch it.

Starting season four of Dr Who.

Season 3 was a bit of a letdown after the awesome season two, well to me atleast.

Random thing, but did anyone else really hate Martha? I mean she was annoying and always hanging onto the Doctor and made her the focal point and was genrally just annoying, and the love thing felt Smallville leverls of forced when she had feelings for him.

I'm totally considering watching Kings but the lead guy used to be Lovejoy in the UK series Lovejoy. He was an adventurous antiques dealer and the entire show was shot on gravel pathways outside old British mansions. It was awful but curiously addictive. Even his awesome turn in Sexy Beast couldn't make me separate him from the man who once said "women and antiques are the only reasons for living". And yes, Lovejoy was his only name. Like Prince.

Random thing, but did anyone else really hate Martha? I mean she was annoying and always hanging onto the Doctor and made her the focal point and was genrally just annoying, and the love thing felt Smallville leverls of forced when she had feelings for him.

She couldn't leave the show fast enough.

Interested to hear what you think of Donna. By the end of Season 4 she was my favorite companion from the new series.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Loving the new Spectacular Spider-man cartoon. The boys really dig it and i think it is miles above the 90s version in every way.

Hate the theme song though. So generically indie rock it's ridiculous.

I agree I do like it, not as much as 90's though and yeah the theme song reminds me of the 70's Spidey & His Amazing Friends

Guest DCAUFan1051

Went to see Fast & Furious today loved it it was awesome!! Warning I give away the ending. So if you want to see this film don't highlight the text.

Thought it was gonna bring the series to a close, but then right at the end it left it open a little. With O'Connor leading a racing team to break Torreto out of the prison bus.