What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just Star Trek VI and First Contact, and realised that the new movie has spoiled them for me. VI looked unsurprisingly cheap but it was shocking how made for TV First Contact looked. The Borg corridor scenes that terrified me when I was a precocious 11 year old really didn't look as good. It still a good film with good performances but its no longer near to top of my Sci-fi best ever list.

Sad really because I saw Wrath of Khan again recently and it still stands up. The submarine style ship combat is as tense as ever, perhaps that feels more natural than the stiff hand to hand and feeling of personal threat the Borg provide.

Venneh, Star Trek can be a lot more fun than its reputation may have you believe. Its totally worth getting into, and there's a big gap between watching it casually and buying a uniform.

I just finished the first season of Futurama. It started out a little slow for me, then picked up in the middle, and sort of dropped off near the end. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I didn't laugh as much as I had hoped to.

Next I'll be giving Weeds a try. Having seen the first episode, so far I'm impressed.

I just finished the first season of Futurama. It started out a little slow for me, then picked up in the middle, and sort of dropped off near the end. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I didn't laugh as much as I had hoped to.

Next I'll be giving Weeds a try. Having seen the first episode, so far I'm impressed.

It gets better after the first season. It's like the first season of The Simpsons, utterly forgettable. Outside of "Fry and the Slurm Factory", I can barely remember any of the Season 1. Now, seasons 2-4, I can quote like mad. I got the Bureaucrat song stuck in my head now. Damnit!

Planet Earth, the real one, not the version narrated by Sigourney Weaver. I think all Brits will agree that watching a natural history documentary narrated by anyone other than David Attenborough just feels wrong. Plus the discovery channel version cut out over an hour of the series to allow for adverts.

Watched Star Trek last night; it was the first Star Trek movie I've seen in theatres.

I really, really liked it. Everything was beyond beautiful; the settings, the cast, the ships, everything. The cast gelled really well, and still managed to establish themselves as separate characters. There were so many tiny details, too, like why only Kirk calls McCoy Bones, references to Wrath of Khan, just awesome in general. I also like how they're firmly establishing this as a separate continuum.

Have to especially mention Scotty and Chekov. So awesome.

And one very specific scene at the end was beyond amazing.

When Quinto!Spock and Nimoy!Spock meet, they're like mirror images of each other, except one's older. Same mannerisms, same body language, hell, even the same bone structure!

Going to see this again if I get the chance.

Just introduced a friend of mine to Wrath of Khan. He'd only ever seen the new Star Trek film so this was a bit new to him, but he really enjoyed it. I'm 50/50 on whether its better than the new one. The modern sensibilities of Abrams' effort are countered by the strong themes of Khan, its really a tough pick. I need perspective, I'll come back to this issue in a year or so.

Alan Arkin <3. And he has some of the best lines in the movie. Or indirectly causes some of them.

Olive: I'd like to dedicate this to my grandpa, who showed me these moves.

Pageant MC: Aww, that is so sweet.

[Audience applauds]

Pageant MC: Is he here? Where's your grandpa right now?

Olive: In the trunk of our car.

I won't say heroes is good but its certainly watchable. The writers have no clue what they are doing from episode to episode but it makes up for it with a few grat characters and some awesome casting.

Worf is the freakin President!

Worf was also awesome as both Bane and Krull in the latest Brave & the Bold.

There is literally no comics plot that Heroes won't steal and make worse. They

ended the season by turning Sylar into Nathan and making him believe it. Its totally Proteus/Morph from Exiles.

Its become a truly awful show, reduced to cliches and endless rearranging of the premise to try and regain what they lost at the end of the first season. This was a great show right up until the season one finale, now its a joke. I pretty much watch for Matt Parkman, Hiro and Ando, and even they started to suck this year.