What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked the relationship between Potts and Stark in Iron Man.

I liked it in that they were able to loophole the Hollywood system and filled the love interest quota without having to actually do it.

Howl's Moving Castle- Hadn't seen it in a while, its really the only one of the recent Miyazaki's that I've not seen a dozen times. Still great, although not without some storyline issues, although I attribute those to the source material rather than the filmmakers. The cast and production crew are amazing, I hadn't noticed that John Lasseter of Pixar fame was responsible for the english version of these films.

Superman IV - You know, I didn't hate this.

It's not exactly a bad movie, it just has nothing memorable. (besides Nuclear Man and his crazy nails)

He does put all the oil back into a tanker and then welds the tear in the hull with his heat vision...IT'S A FUCKING OIL TANKER!!!!

Superman IV - You know, I didn't hate this.

It's not exactly a bad movie, it just has nothing memorable. (besides Nuclear Man and his crazy nails)

He does put all the oil back into a tanker and then welds the tear in the hull with his heat vision...IT'S A FUCKING OIL TANKER!!!!

That's Superman III.

Not strictly just watching, but I'm bingeing on stand-up comedy today. Watched a bunch of Stewart Lee, stemming from finishing up his Sunday lunchtime show TMWRNJ's first season once again, moved on to my first Bill Hicks shows which I thoroughly enjoyed, and finally am watching some Josie Long. She's not the best known name but I'd heard good things and I've enjoyed her appearances on various quiz shows, even with Charlie Brooker leering at her over his cue cards.

Hicks is very close to David Cross, so he's right up my alley. Definitely looking for more of him.

Not strictly just watching, but I'm bingeing on stand-up comedy today. Watched a bunch of Stewart Lee, stemming from finishing up his Sunday lunchtime show TMWRNJ's first season once again, moved on to my first Bill Hicks shows which I thoroughly enjoyed, and finally am watching some Josie Long. She's not the best known name but I'd heard good things and I've enjoyed her appearances on various quiz shows, even with Charlie Brooker leering at her over his cue cards.

Hicks is very close to David Cross, so he's right up my alley. Definitely looking for more of him.

Bill Hicks, as fantastic as he was, is the 2-Pac of stand-up. He's had more albums released when he was dead than he when he was alive. That being said, you can't tell me that his rants against authority from damn near 20 years ago aren't still applicable to authority today. It's an interesting indictment into just how little as a race we've progressed in 20 years.

Just watched The Duchess. I like Kiera Knightley, I like Ralph Fiennes, but this felt a lot like an extremely untrustworthy history lesson. Also, I'm not sure that judging the sexual politics of the day by modern standards is entirely helpful, especially if you are trying to draw comparisons with Princess Diana for marketing purposes.