What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

I really don't mind the Ewoks all that much. It may be cute for cute's sake but they aren't as bad as everyone says they are.

Agreed. I don't even mind Jar Jar Binks all that much. Everybody in the STAR WARS saga can't be a Han Solo or Mace Windu. You've got your heroes and you've got your buffoons. Jar Jar was no worse than C-3PO who really is an annoying pain in the ass. To me, C-3PO is R2-D2's sidekick, not the other way 'round.

Of course he is. R2 leads the way and solves the problems, 3PO is just meant to be the audience in those bits, asking what the hell R2 is doing.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing I really don't like about Jar Jar was Lucas making him the whole reason the Emperor took power in the first place. He was put in the movie for kids, and ended up being responsible for billions of deaths by voting in Padme's place.

Seriously, Palpatine's whole plan was riding on this moron voting his way.

Watched Dr. Horrible two nights in a row, the first when the parents were fighting on Christmas Day with one of the little sisters (she loves it), then with her and my father last night (he was asleep for half of it, and woke up right at Captain Hammer's hammer = dick line *facedesk*).

Showing the parents Inglourious Basterds tonight.

Hamlet, with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart. I'm probably a bigger fan of the Kenneth Branagh version but thats really just down to depth of cast. This stage version was much less indulgent but had some neat tricks in it, and certainly the roles were well performed, I just think the film allowed greater focus on the individuals rather than forcing the wider focus on the stage as a whole.

...I don't really see how you could do a follow-up to that plot-wise, but whatever. If there's a sequel, I'd probably watch it.

Actually, it's a prequel. He said he had enough material for a mini series. He also said he always says he's thinking about a sequel, and not to read too much into what he says. At least he's honest about bullshitting us.

Watching Dr Horrible on youtube.

Why the fuck didn't they release a DVD here!

I'd have bought it.

I did buy it. Do you not have a region-free player? Dozens of my DVD's are US imports, I couldn't manage without mine.

Just watched Death Wish. Charles Bronson's face looks like a hairy rockslide but he's still one of the most emotive and personable vigilantes in film history. Really glad I picked this one up, it really does tell the whole story in a smooth and linear fashion that makes you understand his motivations. I wish more films were this straightforward, maybe then they could make their point better. There's a great deal in that that Dead Man's Shoes owes thanks to. I liked Death Sentence as the modern day update as well, but that one turning into more of a traditional hollywood guilty pleasure, since he's actually directly fighting the people responsible.

I just finished The Taking of Pelham 123. While it was a good movie overall, I didn't get Travolta's character. He played him great, I just don't get why a guy who wanted to die badly would care about money. He also had the best last line in an action movie.

It also has the most plot holes I've seen in awhile.

Watching Dr Horrible on youtube.

Why the fuck didn't they release a DVD here!

I'd have bought it.

I did buy it. Do you not have a region-free player? Dozens of my DVD's are US imports, I couldn't manage without mine.

I would buy the import, but shipping and being charged 1.50 per transaction means I need to wait till I have a lot of stuff to import to get it.

...I don't really see how you could do a follow-up to that plot-wise, but whatever. If there's a sequel, I'd probably watch it.

Actually, it's a prequel. He said he had enough material for a mini series. He also said he always says he's thinking about a sequel, and not to read too much into what he says. At least he's honest about bullshitting us.

Agreed. Whenever Tarantino starts talking about sequel/prequel/sidequel it's best to just take a deep breath and remember who's talking. To date the projects he's promised us but so far hasn't delivered on:

A sequel to KILL BILL

THE VEGA BROTHERS: which was supposed to be a prequel to both RESERVOIR DOGS and PULP FICTION and by the time he got around to doing so, both Michael Madsen and John Travolta turned it down as both felt they were now too old to play those characters.

KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY THING which is supposed to have both parts as well as unseen/deleted scenes added to give us a six hour definitive magnum opus.

GRINDHOUSE: The definitive theatrical version.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping all over Tarantino as anybody who knows me knows I love the cat to death. But its just that I learned years ago not to start panting and salivating over his proposed projects.

I would have really loved to have seen his proposed James Bond project which he wanted to film in black-and-white, set in period during the 1960's. Put Clive Owen in the Bond role and we'd have had an instant classic.