What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

There was a Channel 4 movie made about a decade ago based on Through the Looking Glass, with Kate Beckinsale as Alice.

I'd been looking for it for the DVD for years, and today, we finally got it in. :cool:

Did she look as young as she did in Shooting Fish?

Not nearly. It was in between Shooting Fish and Brokedown Palace, the year in which she realized just how dreadful that short lesbian haircut was and grew it out.

My stalker fandom started there.

Hahaha, short lesbian haircut! Yeah it definitely wasn't one of her better looks.... but worth suffering through for the decade that shortly followed! On that topic, did you find any wallpapers worthwhile on that site I suggested?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching Baby Mama. I've no idea why its taken so long, its basically Liz Lemon The Movie in the same way as Shaun of the Dead is Spaced The Movie.

Hey its got Steve Martin. And Sigourney Weaver! Hey, Greg Kinnear! I'll watch anything with him in.

That was a fun movie. Funny, very watchable, full of good people. Recommend, especially to anyone who likes 30 Rock.

Did you get to the end with the best last line ever?

The Yutani reference? Yeah. Kinda lame. Like "it's okay that the rest of the movie sucked, because the last line is a reference to two other good movies!"

Oh, I was talking about the little girl. "Mommy, are the monsters gone?" and her saying yes, cracking line. Had me in tears, I paid like £6 for my fucking ticket. Some of the visuals were nice, like the woman who gave birth to the aliens.

Did you get to the end with the best last line ever?

The Yutani reference? Yeah. Kinda lame. Like "it's okay that the rest of the movie sucked, because the last line is a reference to two other good movies!"

Oh, I was talking about the little girl. "Mommy, are the monsters gone?" and her saying yes, cracking line. Had me in tears, I paid like £6 for my fucking ticket. Some of the visuals were nice, like the woman who gave birth to the aliens.

Of the two AVP films, I prefer the second one as it has a bit more imagination to it. The characters are definitely terribly cliched, but the general darkness of the film makes up for it. The first AVP is a Paul W S Anderson film, and that's all I need to say about that.

I liked the atmosphere of AVP2, but I think that the storyline and action of AVP1 was better.

The storyline of AVP worked better for AVP than it did for Resident Evil, which was practically the same film if you switch out the relevant franchises. AVP2 wasn't a great film by any means, but at least it had ideas which it followed through on. Paul W S Anderson is a creatively bankrupt director who has lived a charmed life, which includes being married to Milla Jovovich.

Paul W S Anderson is a creatively bankrupt director

Event Horizon, sir. Event Horizon.

But still, arguing about which AVP movie was better is like having a tough time deciding which hand you'r prefer Joan Rivers to shit in.

The difference being that he didn't write Event Horizon, compared to AVP & the Resident Evil series. I won't deny Event Horizon's a good film, but it's the one dry patch of a resume covered in excrement.

Paul W S Anderson is a creatively bankrupt director

Event Horizon, sir. Event Horizon.

But still, arguing about which AVP movie was better is like having a tough time deciding which hand you'r prefer Joan Rivers to shit in.

Death Race. That bastard shat on death race. Also, if anyone can ride on the high of one good film, it's Paul Verhoeven for RoboCop.

The thing about Anderson is he tries to make the films about the characters, rather than the actions, only problem is, he cannot write characters for shit, and when you do get to action sequences, they feel so fucking lifeless.