What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Showgirls is my favorite worst movie. How can you go wrong with a stripper who dances like she's having a seizure, doubles as a wave machine, and seems to beat up people everytime she's called a whore then proves them right a couple of scenes later. Plus the dialogue. "You fucked him." "No I didn't." "I saw you. You fucked him then you fucked her."

"Once a ranger" does kinda suck because it does fuck with the timeline (Unless Rita and Zedd's kid matured as fast as Gwen Stacey"s did) and all of the rangers they got outside of Adam are kinda lackluster. "Forever Red" was a better episode other than it being more jerking off Jason Frank.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Once a ranger" does kinda suck because it does fuck with the timeline (Unless Rita and Zedd's kid matured as fast as Gwen Stacey"s did) and all of the rangers they got outside of Adam are kinda lackluster. "Forever Red" was a better episode other than it being more jerking off Jason Frank.

Which is the synopsis for Dino Thunder. Forever red is awesome.

Paul W S Anderson is a creatively bankrupt director

The first Resident Evil movie was a really clever Alice in Wonderland allegory that no one got, had Milla Jovovich in a miniskirt, and made references to Cube.

He gets a pass.

I dunno, Taken falls into this category of weird, because I expect Liam Neeson do be good in things. And he was. And people were killed. And it was all good, but the movie itself wasn't.

A friend of mine said it best about Taken. "I really like Liam Neeson, I loved his character and I wanted him to win. But his daughter was just so annoying that I really didn't care if she lived or died."

And Total Recall is probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite Arnie movie. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a girl with 3 tits and midget hookers.

If there's anything that Luc Besson has taught me, it's that France is full of assholes. Everyone, from that little girl that's trying to sell you flowers to that seemingly kind old man that's trying to cross the street, secretly wants to stab you in the back.

I was actually really surprised by how positive people were about Taken. Something about that film just rubs me the wrong way. I just didn't have any fun with it.

I hate everyone that isn't Liam Neeson in Taken. The spoiled bitch of a daughter. The cunt of an ex-wife who caused the daughter to get kidnapped in the first place by being a terrible parent. The dumbass friend of the daughter who's whoreish ways caught the eye of the kidnapper. I wish Liam Neeson would have just lost it and killed everyone. The scene after the credits would have been me applauding him.

I definitely hated the friend more than the daughter, so I wasn't at all upset when she died. I bought it on Bluray, purely for how much of a badass I think Liam Neeson is in it. But I'm also a sucker for the whole 'ex-spy using his skills he learnt one last time' sort of thing... Maybe it's why I enjoy Burn Notice so much as well.

Haha, hadn't thought about it like that, but yeah the title could give a different idea.

I've heard it described as two things

1. It's Bourne Identity on TV, and that's a good thing

2. This is shit, it's just a rip off of MacGuyver (I think that's a positive for it thought, hehe)

It's definitely a fun show, doesn't take itself too seriously at all.

Zoolander is a grower not a show-er. You might not laugh as much as with say Anchorman, but its got some really fun sequences and characters. The walk-off is tremendous, and the petrol-fight is always laugh-out-loud funny.

Plus Will Ferrell is awesome. This was before he started doing all his sports comedies.

Zoolander is a grower not a show-er. You might not laugh as much as with say Anchorman, but its got some really fun sequences and characters. The walk-off is tremendous, and the petrol-fight is always laugh-out-loud funny.

I hate Anchorman!

Anyway, yeah, the walk-off and gas fight were two of the best sequences.

Little Shop of Horrors: Concentrated awesome. One of my favorites. The scene between the masochistic patient, played by Bill Murray and the Sadistic Dentist, the only role I don't hate Steve Martin in, is by far my favorite, but the movie is class, all the way through.

Time Bandits:Terry Gilliam tries to make a kids movie, produces cinematic abortion. Cameos from Sean Connery, John Cleese and Shelly DuVall were not enough to make me not hate this. David Warner as the villain, not enough to save this. How can a movie about time traveling dwarves robbing Napoleon be this bad? How? Out of five stars, fuck this movie.

Time Bandits:Terry Gilliam tries to make a kids movie, produces cinematic abortion. Cameos from Sean Connery, John Cleese and Shelly DuVall were not enough to make me not hate this. David Warner as the villain, not enough to save this. How can a movie about time traveling dwarves robbing Napoleon be this bad? How? Out of five stars, fuck this movie.

Terry Gilliam did Fear and loathing. That gets him a pass, everything else he's made has verge on mediocre, to just plain shite*

*I don't count Python films, as he co-directed most of them with Terry Jones.