The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1) Got an awesome (read: vintage gold velour. On wheels) couch for $50. And have awesome people in my life to a) move it, b) store it.

Yes, I am awesome. :D

2) My Lollapalooza tickets sold!

I'm glad you got most of your money back, and it allowed you to buy that awesome coffee table.

3) My husband is finding work: Medical testing!

YAY!

...What kind of medical testing?

Making sure he smokes his regular ten a day, then making him quit and testing his mood/vocab/thinking/logic.

Wait, he's being tested on? Ulp. :shocked:

Well, better than a bunny being forced to smoke... and now I have the mental image of a bunny smoking. Still, glad everything is starting to go better, Nicolette. Your couch sounds freaking awesome.

Good to know your phone actually works now.

So call me. I'm going insane out here. :P

...What kind of medical testing?

Making sure he smokes his regular ten a day, then making him quit and testing his mood/vocab/thinking/logic.

Okay, good, nothing that could damage him for life. xD

In a very proud moment for me at last night's graduation, one of my students delivered a speech which I will summarize below:

"Graduation means a lot of things for me. It means growing up. It means the beginning of a new life and the beginning of adulthood. It means making decisions on my own and guiding my own life. Best of all, it means not having to listen to anymore od Des's lame jokes."

At which he turned to me and said "Boom! Roasted."

Best. Speech. Ever.

I am officially the biggest bad ass you all know. I took a chainsaw to the shin and only received a scratch.

Bah, I set my leg on fire with a grinding wheel and didn't even notice.

Or more accurately my boss didn't point it out. I wasn't happy afterwards, especially because he was laughing so much.

Its true, from what I can tell Dreads kids are dangerous misogynists with violent multiple personalities.

That being said my godson just watched some Brave and the Bold and declared that Joker was a good guy and better than Batman. By age 11 he'll be writing essays on the unfair persecution of Patrick Bateman.

Cade's at the point where he can dress himself. He has a wetsuit type bathing suit that is bright red with yellow stripes running down the sides. He calls it his Flash suit. Occasionally he'll walk out of his room in the middle of the night wearing it and asking me to zip it up for him.

This morning he put it on as we were getting ready and I asked him to put on a tshirt and shorts instead of the Flash suit and moments later he entered my bedroom asking for help with his socks. Under the collar of the shirt I could see the Flash suit, I thought about bringing it up but if I really knew his secret identity, he might have mindwiped me or something...