The Flash

KnightWing

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides Barry revealing his identity too much again and a couple lines that crossed the cheesiness line, this was a fantastic episode. Mark Hamill went full on Joker and killed it. And man, I am so impressed that they did the Reverse-Flash backstory alongside him. The opening scene was one of the best speed scenes they've done, Thawne coaching Barry on tapping into the fucking Speed Force tapped into me being a fucking nerd, and his taking Wells' appearance has a precedence of sorts in "The Return of Barry Allen" where Thawne had surgery to make himself look like Barry. We even got a heartfelt Barry/Joe scene. I cannot wait to see what they pull out for the finale

Besides Barry revealing his identity too much again and a couple lines that crossed the cheesiness line, this was a fantastic episode. Mark Hamill went full on Joker and killed it. And man, I am so impressed that they did the Reverse-Flash backstory alongside him. The opening scene was one of the best speed scenes they've done, Thawne coaching Barry on tapping into the fucking Speed Force tapped into me being a fucking nerd, and his taking Wells' appearance has a precedence of sorts in "The Return of Barry Allen" where Thawne had surgery to make himself look like Barry. We even got a heartfelt Barry/Joe scene. I cannot wait to see what they pull out for the finale

Agreed on all points. Return of Barry Allen is one of the few Flash stories I've read from top to bottom, so the flashback had me marking out.

The promo for the next several episodes honestly made me want to cry. I'm so happy to be a fan of DC Comics right now, in a way that the comics have denied me for the past few years. GOD I CANNOT WAIT!

New trailer from WonderCon, mostly the same with a few new shots.

Also, other news from the panel at WonderCon:

• Caitlin is going to become Killer Frost in season 2, possibly sooner
  • Also in season 2, Mirror Master and Dr. Alchemy
  • There are plans to bring in Wally West
  • Alternate Timelines are going to pop up and everything erased from when Barry went back in time will resurface in some way

Another enjoyable, light episode I found. Because I don't watch Arrow I've missed out on happy-go-lucky Ray Palmer. I dunno why he's this universe's Iron Man, but whateves. Liking that his chipper personality contrasts with the first promotional image of him in the suit.

The entire time I'm thinking "Ah, Queen Bee. Easy." When it turned out to be the Bug-Eyed Bandit, I felt bamboozled.

I liked last night's episode. I like how Caitlin has earned and totally believable hesitation towards finding out Wells is evil, and it was fun to see Flash fight his supporting cast. The shape shifter is a time honored live action superhero tradition, and I felt this came off the least annoying compared to other instances.

It was better than last week's. I liked that Iris found evidence that it wasn't Eddie on her own; helps make up for the crap the writers gave her last time. The shape shifter story was pretty rote. If he's been doing this for six months to a year, he should probably have been better at pretending to be someone else.

The worst thing in the story was the girls carrying Everyman in their car to the police. Seriously? You're not going to call the police and have them pick him up? You're going to put a handcuffed shapeshifting guy into your backseat and just hope he doesn't wake up and either overpower you or pull shapeshifting shenanigans? Dumb.

But otherwise the episode was neat. Having the family dynamics of Flash and Arrow compared was interesting. I found it funny that Quentin didn't seem to understand the idea of making peace with family. Also, I wanna say that this is the most fun Laurel has ever been in the Arrowverse. I hope she gets a chance to be more like this in Arrow.