Justice League Unlimited

James D.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops...I guess I should have put this there to begin with... :doh:

No big deal.

I wish they'd add Nightwing, 'cause I <3 Nightwing.

Don't count him out. They haven't officially said who else they are adding. For instance, I heard that Plastic Man might be added, but he isn't on the poster. Nightwing might also be in there.

Green Arrow, baby! It's about f*ckin time!

Oliver Queen is everything I want to be in life. Well, aside from that whole cheating on his girlfriend a hundred times thing. And that dying thing. And the whole best friend losing his mind and killing God knows how many people thing. And the surrogate son becoming a junkie thing.

Aight, ya know what? Oliver's cool, but I don't want to be him.

• 4 months later...

MASSIVE BUMP ALERT

The new series, "Justice League Unlimited", begins next Saturday on Toonami, but I didn't catch the time it will show. All I can say is I'm fucking psyched as hell for this. Green Arrow looks like he'll play an integral role in the show since they showed him the most on the commercial.

The new season = HOT HOT CUM IN THE PANTS!!! :OMG:

Please forgive the stupid question, but I haven't been watching: Will this episode introduce these characters, or have they been previously introduced?

Only a few of the characters who will be on this new show have ever been introduced before--Supergirl (from the 90's Superman animated series), and Dr. Fate, Etrigan and Aquaman (from the first two seasons of Justice league).

Green Arrow, Zatanna, et al, have never been on Justice League before.

Actually, now that I think of it, was Zatanna ever on the 90's Superman animated series?

Only a few of the characters who will be on this new show have ever been introduced before--Supergirl (from the 90's Superman animated series), and Dr. Fate, Etrigan

I forgot that JL follows the continuity of both the Batman and Superman cartoons. :doh:

and Aquaman (from the first two seasons of Justice league).

And how could I have forgotten that?!?! The scene where Arthur severs his hand to save his infant son was perfection!

Actually, now that I think of it, was Zatanna ever on the 90's Superman animated series?

She was in the Batman cartoon. Bruce was trained by her father.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I FINALLY saw my first JLU episode and it wasn't great, but certainly not bad. There were too many moments of comedy in this one for me to stomach. I mean, Circe making Batman sing a LOVE SONG??????????? WTF.

Still, seeing Zatanna throw a piano at Circe = :OMG:

Tonight's episode was BRILLIANT. Supergirl, Green Arrow and The Question had to figure out why Supergirl was dreaming such bizarre, psychotic nightmares. But it turns out they aren't dreams...

The story was amazingly well done. (I love Green Arrow. The man is just a badass.) I won't tell what all happened unless someone wants me to, but I am REALLY diggin' the 3rd season here after only seeing two episodes. The guy who did the voice of Scarecrow in the Batman animated series did the voice of the Question. I hope they do more with the Question, actually--his character is VERY cool.

I've downloaded Episode 3 of JLU from this season. It's titled "Kid Stuff". Basically, while stealing the Amulet of First Magic (the source of all earthly sorcery), Mordred turns on his mother, Morgain LeFay, and banishes her and every adult on the planet to barren dimension. There, LeFay makes a bargain with Superman, Batman, Diana, and Lantern (who have also been banished, obviously). She transforms them into child versions of themselves which allows them to return to Earth. So, the Justice Kids have to stop Mordred and return the planet's adults back to Earth. It's quite funny.