Everything Marvel

JackFetch

'Ant-Man,' 'Doctor Strange' Lead Marvel's Phase Three

Marvel Studios has a lot in store for fans with their wave of Phase Two films: "Iron Man 3" and "Thor: The Dark World" in 2013, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" in 2014, and "The Avengers 2" in 2015.

But Joss Whedon's "Avengers" sequel isn't the only Marvel Studios release scheduled for 2015. In November of that same year, the world will finally see Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man," long-rumored but now on the fast-track towards reality as the official start of Phase Three.

"'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Marvel's Kevin Feige told MTV News during our recent interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright — which is the only reason we're making the movie."

"I've known Edgar since our first lunch together at Comic-Con in 2004," he continued. "He asked me what Marvel was doing with 'Ant-Man' — we weren't even a studio then; what a difference eight years makes! It's very much an 'Ant-Man' origin movie from the perspective of Edgar Wright and his co-writer Joe Cornish. It will of course be firmly planted in the MCU, but a different corner than we've seen before."

Indeed, "different corners" appears to be a theme of Marvel's third phase. "So much of the stories we're telling [right now] is about the core 'Avengers' characters we've now met, and they'll be evolving in big, surprising ways, in Cap's next movie and Thor's next movie and of course in 'Iron Man 3,' as we get them all into the next 'Avengers' film," said Feige. "Beyond that… 'Ant-Man' is the only one officially announced, but you probably don't have to look too far to guess at the next list of characters we're toying with and beginning to develop."

Could the oft-rumored "Doctor Strange" be a part of those plans?

"'Doctor Strange,' which I've been talking about for years, is definitely one of them," he confirmed. "He's a great, original character, and he checks the box off this criteria that I have: he's totally different from anything else we have, just like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' He's totally different from anything we've done before, as is 'Ant-Man,' which keeps us excited."

http://splashpage.mt...strange-marvel/

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Do you need GOTG to be successfull to make Planet Hulk work? That's a stand alone situation more than anything. It doesn't have to lead to World War Hulk. Wouldn't be hard to make it a happy ending, like they did for the animated movie.

What I meant was that they'll likely want to see how well received GOTG is before they say yes or not to another film that takes place primarily in space. It's a risk to do something so different from the Earth based stories, they are going to want a gauge to see how interested the audiences are in seeing other inter-galatic adventures that take place without much happening on Earth.

What I meant was that they'll likely want to see how well received GOTG is before they say yes or not to another film that takes place primarily in space. It's a risk to do something so different from the Earth based stories, they are going to want a gauge to see how interested the audiences are in seeing other inter-galatic adventures that take place without much happening on Earth.

A good point. I'd like to see a live-action attempt at Planet Hulk anyway. I actually liked that run on the Hulk. I think it would work better as some sort of mini-series though.

• 3 weeks later...

Disney XD has announced premiere dates for its two new animated series: Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, which follows the adventures of Iron Man, Thor et al, and Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., which features Big Green and his buddies — and no Ellis!

Avengers Assemble will sneak preview Sunday, May 26, and then officially premiere on Sunday, July 7. Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. makes its series debut on Sunday, August 11. (All times are 11 am EST).

Avengers Assemble follows Iron Man & Co. as they train and live together in their new HQ, Avengers Tower, battling baddies such as Dr. Doom, Attuma and the Atlantean Army and Dracula. The voice cast includes Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore (Ultimate Spider-Man) reprising his role as Hulk, Roger Craig Smith (Wreck-It Ralph) as Captain America, Travis Willingham (Shelf Life) as Thor, Troy Baker (Ultimate Spider-Man) as Hawkeye, Laura Bailey (Super Hero Squad) as Black Widow and Bumper Robinson (The Game) as Falcon.

The Hulk series, meanwhile, finds Big Green and friends living under one (vaulted?) roof, working together to tackle threats that are too enormous for other heroes to handle. Tatasciore again voices Hulk, joined by Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse) as She-Hulk, Clancy Brown (The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes) as Red Hulk, Ben Diskin as Skaar and Seth Green (Robot Chicken) as A-Bomb.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/disney-xd-sets-premieres-marvel-ous-avengers-hulk-160056429.html