The awesome video thread

Mr. Keith

Y'know, it's interesting.

Revenge of the Sith, as a novel, was a thousand times better than the movie. Matthew Stover was able to rewrite the movie script into an epic, emotional, and powerful fantasy narrative. It proves that Revenge of the Sith possesses a rather brilliant story, but is told horribly through the acting, directing, and writing of the film.

That's why I think they should always use the Empire Strikes Back method: Have George do the overall story work and producing, but leave the scriptwriting and directing to someone else. They use that method with The Clone Wars, and it works pretty well (within the parameters of a kids' show, of course).

Also, the Millennium Falcon IS in Revenge of the Sith:

3965full.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know, it's interesting.

Revenge of the Sith, as a novel, was a thousand times better than the movie. Matthew Stover was able to rewrite the movie script into an epic, emotional, and powerful fantasy narrative. It proves that Revenge of the Sith possesses a rather brilliant story, but is told horribly through the acting, directing, and writing of the film.

You could almost say that for all three of the prequels.

That's why I think they should always use the Empire Strikes Back method: Have George do the overall story work and producing, but leave the scriptwriting and directing to someone else.

Yeah. I didn't really think about it till the review, but the CG shit really wasn't that important, it just felt like CG, so it didn't feel real, wheras the original was real sets and you could believe they were there and this stuff happened.

Meh, it's also in Star Trek: First Contact, Blade Runner and Starship troopers. Plus there are plenty of YT-1300 freighters in the Star Wars universe, it's a make and model, not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Still, I always got a chill when one showed up when I was playing the old Tie Fighter game. It's totally iconic.

You could almost say that for all three of the prequels.

Yeah, that's what a lot of Star Wars fans (myself included) believe about the prequels. Good stories, bad films.

EDIT:

I thought the same thing about the Falcon, too, but it turns out that It actually is THE Falcon, not another YT-1300. It's been stated in interviews as such.

K, so I'm getting further into the review.

I actually like that opening space battle. A lot.

I agree with his sentiments about Anakin unfortunately always being shown as a dickhead in the prequels.

The unclear tone of the opening scenes is also pretty dead-on.

EDIT:

"People that like these films are either drooling idiots who just like lightsabers, or tiny babies."

K, this guy just lost my respect.