The awesome video thread

Mr. Keith

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the special power video, which I just watched, I like the stopping time thing, but I understand Dubs comment about what exactly stops and what doesn't. I don't like mind control though, as I agree with the theorists that it would drive anyone insane, especially if you can't turn it off, or you find out all those things you really shouldn't know. Ignorance really can be bliss.

I think on balance upside vs downside, shape shifting really has most powers covered.

Well, there's a huge difference between mind control and mind reading.

Mind reading would be just about useless, even if you could turn it off. The mind doesn't organize itself in easily readable chunks, nor to people give constant exposition to their inner most feelings.

Mind control, by its very nature, is voluntary on the part of the controller. I don't have to worry about figuring out what people think, they think whatever I tell them to.

Shape shifting would lead to insecurity and over time, a complete loss of your own identity.

So, ever wish that your favorite band's very first performance was caught on film? Ever wish that they were pretty much just as good in that first performance as they ever were? Ever wish you could see one of the most militantly political people in music history dance like a member of Digital Underground?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAN0HHVGAp4&feature=player_embedded#at=352

Above is a 53+ minute video of the 1991 1st live performance of Rage Against the Machine.

That sound you just heard was DW's balls exploding.

So, ever wish that your favorite band's very first performance was caught on film? Ever wish that they were pretty much just as good in that first performance as they ever were? Ever wish you could see one of the most militantly political people in music history dance like a member of Digital Underground?

Above is a 53+ minute video of the 1991 1st live performance of Rage Against the Machine.

I never knew that RATM was your favourite band.

:cool:

Rule of life states that every band's first performance will involve either awkward hand signals or doubly awkward dancing.

Still quite surreal though.

It's pretty cool how at first nobody is paying attention, and then the crowd gathers as people realize they are seeing something special.