Final Crisis

Missy

If we're to assume the poster is a clue, then it should be mentioned that lightning is ripping through Green Lantern, Hawkman and (partially) Wonder Woman. Killing Hawkman wouldn't mean much and Hal just returned, thus leaving Wonder Woman. Killing her would be momentous.

Another clue might be in the way Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are all standing. They look very cocky, villainous almost. Could this be the Crime Syndicate?

I know DC won't pull this, but I would love it if it turned out The Trinity has been (or has been controlled by) Ultraman, Owlman and Superwoman since Wonder Woman killed Maxwell Lord.

If we're to assume the poster is a clue, then it should be mentioned that lightning is ripping through Green Lantern, Hawkman and (partially) Wonder Woman. Killing Hawkman wouldn't mean much and Hal just returned, thus leaving Wonder Woman. Killing her would be momentous.

Another clue might be in the way Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are all standing. They look very cocky, villainous almost. Could this be the Crime Syndicate?

I know DC won't pull this, but I would love it if it turned out The Trinity has been (or has been controlled by) Ultraman, Owlman and Superwoman since Wonder Woman killed Maxwell Lord.

The lightning is behind everyone. You can see the bolt above GL, but it blends with the white in the storm or what ever it is. The lightning goes behind Hawkman along his wings and is hidden by the text and also blends into the storm. All of the bolts are going to the same spot at the top of the vortex.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like it hurt. I bet he was picking bit of reality out of his knuckles after that.

DON'T GIVE DC ANY IDEAS!

I can see it now, the next DC editorial meeting to determine the next crisis:

Editor 1: We need another crisis.

Writer: But we've had three in the last few years.

Editor 2: I agree.

Writer: Thank you!

Editor 2: Not with you.

Writer: *sigh*

Editor 2: Anything with "crisis" on the cover sells.

Editor 1: Exactly!

Writer: Fine! What's the "crisis" this time?

Editor 1: Remember when Superboy Pr... er... the lone survivor of Earth-Prime punched reality?

Writer: I don't like where this is going.

Editor 1: Well, what if shards of reality got stuck in his skin?

Editor 2: YES! And now, as he pulls the shards out, reality changes!

Writer: Oh god...

Editor 2: So the heroes have to stop Sup... the lone survivor of Earth-Prime from pulling out the remaining shards, or else they face the end of reality as we know it.

Writer: Soooo... they have to take away his tweezers?

Editors 1 & 2: BINGO!

Editor 2: Since this is a criss, we have to kill a Flash

Editor 1: Jay?

Editor 2: Too easy.

Editor 1: Wally?

Editor 2: We just brought him back.

Editor 1: Bart?

Editors 1 & 2: HA HA HA HA HA!

Editor 1: I know! Let's bring Barry back, then kill him an issue later! No one will see it coming!

Editor 2: That's a green light!

Writer: And what are we calling this crisis?

Editor 1: Final Crisis II: One More Time

Looks like it hurt. I bet he was picking bit of reality out of his knuckles after that.

DON'T GIVE DC ANY IDEAS!

I can see it now, the next DC editorial meeting to determine the next crisis:

Editor 1: We need another crisis.

Writer: But we've had three in the last few years.

Editor 2: I agree.

Writer: Thank you!

Editor 2: Not with you.

Editor 2: Anything with "crisis" on the cover sells.

Editor 1: Exactly!

Writer: Fine! What's the "crisis" this time?

Editor 1: Remember when Superboy Pr... er... the lone survivor of Earth-Prime punched reality?

Writer: I don't like where this is going.

Editor 1: Well, what if shards of reality got stuck in his skin?

Editor 2: YES! And now, as he pulls the shards out, reality changes!

Writer: Oh god...

Editor 2: So the heroes have to stop Sup... the lone survivor of Earth-Prime from pulling out the remaining shards, or else they face the end of reality as we know it.

Writer: Soooo... they have to take away his tweezers?

Editors 1 & 2: BINGO!

Editor 2: Since this is a criss, we have to kill a Flash

Editor 1: Jay?

Editor 2: Too easy.

Editor 1: Wally?

Editor 2: We just brought him back.

Editor 1: Bart?

Editors 1 & 2: HA HA HA HA HA!

Editor 1: I know! Let's bring Barry back, then kill him an issue later! No one will see it coming!

Editor 2: That's a green light!

Writer: And what are we calling this crisis?

Editor 1: Final Crisis II: One More Time

Well done, sir.

You forgot to mention the part about the writer signing over at Marvel where he is forced to write tie-ins for a crossover that pledges to change the Marvel U forever. Those tie-ins interrupt the flow of his fledgling book that was just getting its own steam and developing an audience until the crossover confused everybody. Fans drop the book in droves and the writer falls into an alcoholic binge until, he's hired as a DC editor!

The cycle continues!!!