Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't legitimately put this down as a complaint but I've been trading emails with my mother for two days to try and provide a list of books I want so my Grandmother can buy them for me for Christmas. Now I'm getting a Kindle this year, which means that most of the books I want I'll be getting that way in the future, but there's a few things like the latest Pratchett book that I want to maintain my hardback collection. Problem is that doesn't fill the £50 quota I've been given. These last few years I've become really shit at finding stuff I really want because, as an adult, I buy it myself. That being said what I've been lacking recently are graphic novels, I'm behind on DMZ, BPRD, Walking Dead trades and Northlanders. For some reason my mum has a problem with these even though she's just going to get them all online anyway, my Gran is just going to wrap them, it's not like she has to hunt them down. Walking dead I can see an issue with maybe, but the rest?

Basically what it comes down to is that I've got to fill my list with stuff that's deemed appropriate for my Gran. Wouldn't matter if it was a horror book, but because it's a comic I get the red light. So I'm spending money on stuff I don't want half as much.

New Windows Messenger is shit.

Oh, the Apple Fanboy hates something made by Microsoft. In other news, the sun rose in the East and I'm a bit drunk.

Before I switched to Mac this summer, and discovered AIM a few years ago, I would occasionally use Windows Messenger because it could support multiple IM accounts. It was a horrible chat messenger.