Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know exactly what you mean. Whenever Chicago shuts down State Street, Michigan Avenue, and / or Lakeshore Drive (all of which I live right nearby), it's downright unsettling.

On those days, no joke, I walk around looking over my shoulder. I keep thinking I missed some major, end-of-the-world news and I'm about to be attacked or eaten alive.

So today was Oskar's vet day, and with Michelle being pregnant, it fell on me to take him into the vet. Oskar is a very social cat, admittedly. He's very affectionate and he loves people, with the single exception of the vet. As expected, the visit itself was its usual tornado of claws (his) and blood (mine). The only thing of note was the stool sample I brought. Apparently, it was too dry to be tested, as I randomly selected from the litter box.

As the young woman working the desk is informing me of this, Oskar, in my arms, chooses this moment to be helpful. He shits, right on the tile floor in front of the receptionist. I look down, look at her, "I guess he just provided you a fresh sample."