Back to The Future Four?

Doug

Fox Heading 'Back to the Future'?

Michael J. Fox is heading Back To The Future for a fourth time-traveling movie. The actor, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, admits he's in negotiations for a final film in the series - but only if they make his character as old as he is in real life. The former Spin City star wants to take over Christopher Lloyd's eccentric scientist character, Doc, in the sequel. He tells movie website Moviehole.net, "The only way it would work would be if I played Doc. I'm 44-years-old now and I'm not interested in running around on skateboards! I think after 1, 2 and 3 we all kind of felt we had done it. And I think if they did it again now they would do it with a younger cast and just do a different realisation of it, which would be fun."

-Taken from here

I dont know, I liked how it ended. Doc, is happily in love, and in his favorite time period. Marty, has the girl of his dreams, and is (Possible, Probally) on the road to succses. And the delorean, is destroyed. End of story.

But then again, Im intrested seeing what happens to the characters. But still, what if the film is crap*, what will happen to the three classics? And why would he (marty) be a scientest?

Well for now, I'll just wait and see.

*If it is made

As a huge fan of the series, I really don't want to see another film. As Doug said, everyone found happiness. There's no need to continue the adventure.

The series rules! And again I ask, do you see Marty as a Scientist? Ske... Skema...Skema...

No. Sorry but no. none of these things really needed thier modern 4th incarnation but Back to the Future REALLY doesn't. I can forgive Die Hard & Indiana Jones, they were open-ended. This would be like the Only Fools and Horses Christmas specials. I never saw any of them, as far as I'm concerned the show ended on them walking off into the sunset and Del-boy saying "This time next year we'll be billionaires". Nothing was needed after that, and nothing is needed beyond the original BTTF trilogy.

That being said if the trailer is pimp I'm there.

I can see two possibilities that would not hurt the series as a whole(it is considered one of the best trilogies in movie history).

1. If it took place years later, Doc has passed away and Marty(being Doc's apprentice for years after part 3)has become a scientist himself. Jules and Verne have become Marty's assistance. Than they time travel accidently somewhere...

2. A remake with Michael J Fox as Doc....the film will take place now, with the teen traveling back to 1985.

A fourth movie, just to do a fourth movie will hurt the series.

Really the only way to do it is to use his kids to continue the story.

That would make sense, except that since Jennifer saw how that future would turn out, I don't think she'd allow that future to become real. Also Michael J Fox is too old to play 2 roles in which he would have to look younger. Remember he played both his kids.

Really the only way to do it is to use his kids to continue the story.

That would make sense, except that since Jennifer saw how that future would turn out, I don't think she'd allow that future to become real. Also Michael J Fox is too old to play 2 roles in which he would have to look younger. Remember he played both his kids.

Didn't they also establish that the future could be changed? Who knows how it turned out after the events of the third movie?