Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watched Hardcore Justice, it was largely terrible and inauthentic despite their best efforts. Never felt like ECW. Worth it for New Jack, Joel Gertner and the lightsaber fight, but just depressing the rest of the time.

I'm two matches deep into One Night Stand, and with all the footage, stars still close to their prime, the Hammerstein Ballroom and ECW plastered everywhere this feels FAR more authentic. Also the first two matches were both better than almost anything on Hardcore Justice.

That Dreamer bleeding in front of his kids thing was total bullshit.

I'm usually the first to defend the guy but that's just inexcusable.

They tried to do the RR '99 Foley thing, but the only problem is, Foley didn't come across as a needy prick who isn't really that likable as a wrestler. Especially in TNA.

God that PPV was horrible. The ending with the losers bringing Dixie into the ring was the icing on the cake for me.

The difference is that the Foley thing wasn't scripted. He legit took more chair shots than planned and he didn't realize what happened with his family until after the fact.

Dreamer was just parading them out there to add "drama" to a meaningless match. I lost a lot of respect for him because of that.

The difference is that the Foley thing wasn't scripted. He legit took more chair shots than planned and he didn't realize what happened with his family until after the fact.

Dreamer was just parading them out there to add "drama" to a meaningless match. I lost a lot of respect for him because of that.

I agree.

ECW, had a great send off in 2005, no matter what anyone says. They could not have got a better farewell, this was just a shameless cash grab, by the worlds worst wrestling company, and a prick ex-WWE employee saying "I can do better than WWE..."

According to a report on ProWrestling.net, Rob Van Dam will be vacating the TNA World title at tonight's Impact tapings in Orlando. Apparently a tournament will be held to determine the new TNA champion. The tourney starts at tonight's Impact tapings and are scheduled to conclude at the "No Surrender" pay-per view on September 5. The report claims the reason for RVD vacating the title will be a storyline injury that he's selling from the beatdown angle that took place on Monday's TNA taping.

Source

Possible spoiler for next weeks iMPACT.

Remember when guys would be out injured and then mysteriously come back with 20 pounds of solid muscle?

A lot of the women have the same doctor.

Didn't that doctor go to prison?

Yeah, but there are about a thousand that didn't.

Lucky Cannon was eliminated from nXt last night.

Can't say that I care.

I care in that it means the final 5 are all decent, far more so than the actual NXT crew. If Cottonwood, Lucky and the other guy were still in it I'd be annoyed. As it stands-

Kaval- Better worker than 95% of the WWE roster

Perfect Jr- Good all around.

Percy Watson- Personality, and potential in ring.

Alex Riley- Good talker (when his foots not in his mouth)

Husky Harris- Overrated by the wrestlers in the back but still a worthwhile talent who has been getting his personality across.

Lucky Cannon was eliminated from nXt last night.

Can't say that I care.

I care in that it means the final 5 are all decent, far more so than the actual NXT crew. If Cottonwood, Lucky and the other guy were still in it I'd be annoyed. As it stands-

I agree. I meant that Lucky did nothing for me, and I'm glad to see the back of him.

The final five will be close, and also they will be having a double elimination next week. Which I think will (sadly) be the last call for Husky (Who I really like) and Watson.

My final three at this point would be Husky, Riley, and Kaval.

Not a fan of Perfect Jr?

Hopefully when this season ends, they do an angle where all the good season 2 guys replace the shitty Nexus guys.

Well, Nexus are interchangable bar Wade, Gabriel and Sheffield.

Wade is the leader.

Gabriel does the finishing 450 on the beatdowns.

And Sheffield, who I don't like, is the powerhouse guy for the team.

The rest are just followers.

Am I the only guy that kinda likes Heath Slater? Granted, he's not going to scare the pants off of anyone as the evil ginger, but he's a better worker than anyone other than Gabriel out of that crew.

As for Joe Hennig, he's fine, but entirely miscast as a babyface. Everything about the way he carries himself screams "heel".

Am I the only guy that kinda likes Heath Slater? Granted, he's not going to scare the pants off of anyone as the evil ginger, but he's a better worker than anyone other than Gabriel out of that crew.

I would say Barrett is a better all rounder. The only problem with Nexus is that the three guys I mentioned are the only ones who have been given a specific role in the group. The rest, including Slater are just part of the gang.

You'll see what WWE thinks of them really when you see the order they are eliminated on Sunday at SummerSlam.

I would say Barrett is a better all rounder. The only problem with Nexus is that the three guys I mentioned are the only ones who have been given a specific role in the group. The rest, including Slater are just part of the gang.

You'll see what WWE thinks of them really when you see the order they are eliminated on Sunday at SummerSlam.

I don't see that happening, mainly because the three shittiest guys in Nexus are... well, not white, and that would look really bad.

It's either going to be another clean sweep or they'll lose three random guys, because they're not losing that match.

I like Slater quite a bit, in fact I think he's probably the best worker of the bunch. This is actually a real turn around for him because I hated him from the FCW shows I was watching, for me he had huge change the channel heat. To go from that to being one of my favourites in Nexus is impressive to me. Oh, and Gabriel is shit considering he's been wrestling for over a decade.

Honestly, once Nexus is done the only people I want to keep are Barrett, Slater and Skip. Maybe Darren Young, because I don't think he's as useless as some others seem to think.

Keep in mind a good part of that decade was spent in South Africa, which isn't exactly a wrestling hotbed. I think Gabriel's good, but again, entirely miscast.

Young is weird because his look is so distracting, it's hard to see anything else.

I don't see that happening, mainly because the three shittiest guys in Nexus are... well, not white, and that would look really bad.

It's either going to be another clean sweep or they'll lose three random guys, because they're not losing that match.

Didn't think of that. I'll say they'll lose Young first, as he's been shown consistently as the weakest member of the team.

Honestly, once Nexus is done the only people I want to keep are Barrett, Slater and Skip. Maybe Darren Young, because I don't think he's as useless as some others seem to think.

I think Otunga could be not bad, in the MVP mould.